Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daaacz

RI Decriminalized Sex Work

5 posts in this topic

Did you know Rhode Island decriminalized P4P for six years (by mistake)? I had no idea.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/health-science/item/105393-prostitution-decriminalized-rhode-islands-experiment

It would be awesome if they came to some concrete conclusions, but these are professional researchers. They'll state the correlations and pose theories, but won't stand behind any conclusions that aren't 100% backed by the data.  Still, interesting stuff...

(unlike my last post, this one should have a working link)

us that are on 411 are aware of the cities And states 411 is not . RI not new and neither is Little Rock :)

If they do that around here, I am buying a limo and taking wealthy visitors on "Stoned and Boned" tours

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

us that are on 411 are aware of the cities And states 411 is not . RI not new and neither is Little Rock :)

It was re-criminalized it in 2009. They state some interesting correlations, though. Sex work went up (as expected), but instances of gonorrhea went down. The researchers don't know why. Also, reports of rape decreased significantly. Really interesting findings.

1 hour ago, Admiral C said:

If they do that around here, I am buying a limo and taking wealthy visitors on "Stoned and Boned" tours

I think you just hit on a new business idea