FuriousWeasel

For the love of...

34 posts in this topic

Please stop raining!

Reminds me too damn much of living on the east coast, where it would start raining one day, and simply not stop for two weeks.

I like the change. It was getting too hot. Besides, it's a great day to spend reading a book(reading The Prince by Machiavelli) and sipping tea. 

Oh i don't mind the normal rain here... 3pm, flash thunderstorm... then sunny again.  I like a day or two of good solid rain too.  This is too much for me.  Even looking at the forecast, it'll never end!

It's 63 degrees here in the house right now.  I have a jacket on.  I'm freakin' cold!!!  

Great book by the way!  I've got such a huge stack of reading to get done.  

Monsoon season is upon us. We need the rain... unfortunately. 

Hoping it's not for telling of a winter to come.

But that's why we all live here. 

Beautiful Colorado...no better place to live 😁

Just now, ilovewomen said:

Monsoon season is upon us. We need the rain... unfortunately. 

Hoping it's not for telling of a winter to come.

But that's why we all live here. 

Beautiful Colorado...no better place to live 😁

Oh I agree there!  I just want the rain more... spread out?  Give me rain every other day, that's cool.

I'm tempted to book an appt with someone.  "Oh yeah yeah, thats all great great.. tell me, is your heater on?  Fireplace maybe?  Yes?  I'll be there!!!!!"

I love the rain and the cool.  I am hoping it is a sign of winter to come... I love snowboarding.

I'm loving the change in weather and the best part about Colorado is the sun will be back!!

1 hour ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Oh I agree there!  I just want the rain more... spread out?  Give me rain every other day, that's cool.

I'm tempted to book an appt with someone.  "Oh yeah yeah, thats all great great.. tell me, is your heater on?  Fireplace maybe?  Yes?  I'll be there!!!!!"

Today would be a perfect day to snuggle up in bed under the covers with a very lovely special lady.

I agree change is great....and so is a snuggle buddy....LOVE MY FUR BABY💞💞💞💞💞💞

Head for the Western Slope. It's supposed to be sunny & 90's all week. 😜

Hardly any rain all summer and you complain of a few days of rain?  We need it...

3 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Oh Mercy, Colorado boasts over 300 sunny days per year, and you're griping. We're actually a high altitude desert with water. I hear California is looking for cats like you that don't like the weather here. It'll change, late monsoon season is all. Can't wait till Indian Summer when you gripe it's fall and 90 degrees. Jeez! 

Sun, Rain, Snow, Smoke Haze-Hot- Cold- Bring it all. I love it all-it all has it place. The rain to help the stop the fires- the sun to help with those midday blues. I am however getting much work done at my desk today!

It's not my favorite either, Weasel, but they all have a point. 

The overcast totally does bum me out though. 

I have been loving the change in weather, break from the heat it will be back. Better than having fires and we hadn't had any good rain for weeks 

It's 97 in my Texas hometown so I'm so grateful for this cool rainy weather. 

Plus it's optimum snuggle weather. I'm about to cuddle up to a plush pillow. 

This just in...Monsoon pattern to continue through May 2018.....Seasonal snowfall expected for Denver, Colorado Springs, and the I-25 corridor, between 23 and 29 feet.

16 hours ago, HollyMarie said:

It's 97 in my Texas hometown so I'm so grateful for this cool rainy weather. 

Plus it's optimum snuggle weather. I'm about to cuddle up to a plush pillow. 

No thank you!! I grew up in Arkansas and I do NOT miss the humidity. 

Snuggles and Netflix! Is there a show you're working on or re-binging? 

On 8/7/2017 at 10:36 AM, FuriousWeasel said:

Please stop raining!

Reminds me too damn much of living on the east coast, where it would start raining one day, and simply not stop for two weeks.

Quit whining... I see your east coast and raise you Portland, OR (my home town) so ha!!! It could always be worse, and at least the rain keeps the wildfires at bay... :-)

1 hour ago, Vegas Jen-5884 said:

... It could always be worse, and at least the rain keeps the wildfires at bay... :-)

It's hard for a tree to catch on fire when it's sliding down the hillside. 😜

7 hours ago, Violet Lovely said:

No thank you!! I grew up in Arkansas and I do NOT miss the humidity. 

Snuggles and Netflix! Is there a show you're working on or re-binging? 

Oh yeah, I just got done diving back into all of Sons of Anarchy. I think I'm moving on to Ozarks. I like shows with dark color palettes and intense scenes. 

We need the moisture !!!!     ...besides..this weather inspires fun indoor...hobbies.

9 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

We need the moisture !!!!     ...besides..this weather inspires fun indoor...hobbies.

All I'm asking for is the occasional dry day, enough so I can make some gutter repairs on the house without sinking in the mud.  And I'm close enough to Waldo Canyon that too much rain is going to be worse than too little, as mudslides are starting to be an issue.  

Everyone saying "Oh it's worse in X..." There's a damn good reason I don't live there.  Where I lived on the east coast, it was just as bad as the pacific NW, it would start to rain one day and simply not stop for 2-3 weeks, even for an hour.

I love the typical rain pattern here.  Sunny and warm until about 3pm, a flash 1/2 hour storm that cools it off, then back to nice weather.  That's all I'm asking!

15 hours ago, HollyMarie said:

Oh yeah, I just got done diving back into all of Sons of Anarchy. I think I'm moving on to Ozarks. I like shows with dark color palettes and intense scenes. 

Oooo, I haven't started Ozarks yet. And I've never seen SOA. Not for any particular reason, I hear it's a good show though. 

But what a perfect day it has been! ☀️ 

Hope everyone was blessed with a great day as well.

I love the rain,  good time to plan a evening or day with a special lady and snuggle up together and just listen to the rain hit the roof or windows and maybe make long and slow passionate love together! No better music than the sound of raindrops 

Never fear Furious Weasel, we will be dry as a bone again real soon

12 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Never fear Furious Weasel, we will be dry as a bone again real soon

Sweet... then again, we might just have constant snow all winter.  Can you imagine getting this much precipitation only it be below freezing?

On 8/9/2017 at 10:47 AM, Violet Lovely said:

Oooo, I haven't started Ozarks yet. And I've never seen SOA. Not for any particular reason, I hear it's a good show though. 

Dammit..

I loved SOA, but I have to admit to the whole board that I'm totally immersed in Naked and Afraid! LOL!

LOVE that show! My new addiction!