Selective Providing....

115 posts in this topic

Yes, a business may refuse service to certain customers (belligerent, etc). Bartenders are required by law to not serve someone they deem intoxicated. Yet some of the criteria ASPs use to discriminate their customers do not meet these standards. 

Yes, the reasons for the civil rights laws are valid. I remember The South, with different facilities & accommodations. I have also felt the sting, being gaijin.

An abusive customer should be kicked to the curb. But we need to rethink "Any one can refuse service to any one for any reason."  Hence my internal conflict.  

Its my body ..I sell it to who I want to. 

To bad bad big guys complain like girls doooooooohoooooo

This is NOT a mans business unless u involve management 

Do YOU. All the time .There are sh*t storms for every rainbow that comes our way. Do not let this town, business or people make you. Break away to something you feel worthy of instead of staying somewhere you are consistently unhappy. 

We have the ability to relocate (full time providers) as easy as 123 when life doesn't run our pages as we like.

After weeks of unpleasant days I am not one to stay , I will go as far as a job transfer if it means clearer waters in the future.  

Tequila opinion over :)

6 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

how do you know quality before you even meet the guy?

I used to deliver pizza while back and I would receive better tips from  a piece of junk run down house compared to a million dollar house, so judging is pretty tough to do. maybe you have just been lucky? 

I can't believe people are assholes from the get go and still think they would get a appointment.

"how do you know quality before you even meet the guy?".....

By the way a person talks to another over the phone...the mannerisms in which a person speaks as well as the inflection in a persons voice can tell you a lot about them....this is why I prefer speaking instead of texting....arrogance is a major factor in me not seeing someone.....that and self entitlement....

Kisses,

Bella

6 hours ago, Chrissy said:

To bad bad big guys complain like girls doooooooohoooooo

This is NOT a mans business unless u involve management 

Do YOU. All the time .There are sh*t storms for every rainbow that comes our way. Do not let this town, business or people make you. Break away to something you feel worthy of instead of staying somewhere you are consistently unhappy. 

We have the ability to relocate (full time providers) as easy as 123 when life doesn't run our pages as we like.

After weeks of unpleasant days I am not one to stay , I will go as far as a job transfer if it means clearer waters in the future.  

Tequila opinion over :)

Thank you for your opinion doll....but moving isn't an option in my life currently....I'm not letting @holes Chase me away💋😉🍷

8 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Yes, a business may refuse service to certain customers (belligerent, etc). Bartenders are required by law to not serve someone they deem intoxicated. Yet some of the criteria ASPs use to discriminate their customers do not meet these standards. 

Yes, the reasons for the civil rights laws are valid. I remember The South, with different facilities & accommodations. I have also felt the sting, being gaijin.

An abusive customer should be kicked to the curb. But we need to rethink "Any one can refuse service to any one for any reason."  Hence my internal conflict.  

While you have a valid point when it comes to refusing service, this is totally different. This just comes down to whether a lady wants to allow a particular guy to touch her or not. 

14 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

Apparently according to him I'm just a "prostitute".... Yeah he actually said that ....

Wow what a douchebag! I bet that line helps him get plenty of lovin!

37 minutes ago, H2Opieluver said:

While you have a valid point when it comes to refusing service, this is totally different. This just comes down to whether a lady wants to allow a particular guy to touch her or not. 

But if this industry becomes legalized I think the point would be on thin ice should it be challenged in today's courts. The rules change when it becomes a business transaction.

While I agree with the sentiment "my body - my choice", especially in social situations, I also recognize the intent of the public accommodation laws. I struggle with this. Just as I struggle with a baker being forced to use his artistic, creative talents to support a ceremony in conflict with his religious beliefs.*

IMHO, it's a lose-lose conundrum. 

* I do not subscribe to these particular religious beliefs. While I aspire to religious freedom in my heart, I recognize that a great deal of evil has been perpetrated in the disguise of religion. 

Do you know where these idiots are finding you?  I have been doing this for 20 years off/on and some men find amusement from being cruel or threatening providers.  They believe we don't have any recourse for their bad behavior.(please post on Verify Him)

Yesterday I had an asshat threaten to get past my screening, rape and kill me.

His words initially scared me and made me cancel my day, but by last night I realized he is someone that gets his jollies by creating fear.  I will be tightening up my screening and really listening to my inner voice and that is what I recommend for you.  If something doesn't feel right just say no.  Always have enough love/respect for yourself to just move forward after saying no. 

You've been around long enough to have had a good/bad experiences and the only thing that matters is to follow your inner voice/feeling.  What the board tells you is their opinions and they will not be the ones to suffer the direct consequences for the wrong choice.

Hope some of this helps and makes sense...
Everyone stay safe and have a great weekend!

13 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

we still don't know the whole story, was he a jerk from the beginning or just after you turned him down for whatever reason? 

sure you have the right to see who you want and who you do not, but I hear all the time how business is slow. just saying! 

go ahead flame away!

Yes, he was! I met the guy and let's just say...the longest two hours of my life. I informed her and other ladies about him, and he won't let up. You are right, there is more to the story, but to sum it up, he thinks he is God's Green Earth! Business may be slow, but we don't need to be stupid...that is how you end up on the news.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

But if this industry becomes legalized I think the point would be on thin ice should it be challenged in today's courts. The rules change when it becomes a business transaction.

While I agree with the sentiment "my body - my choice", especially in social situations, I also recognize the intent of the public accommodation laws. I struggle with this. Just as I struggle with a baker being forced to use his artistic, creative talents to support a ceremony in conflict with his religious beliefs.*

* I do not subscribe to these particular religious beliefs. While I aspire to religious freedom in my heart, I recognize that a great deal of evil has been perpetrated in the disguise of religion. 

That case hasn't been settled and should be going to the Supreme Court here soon.  The interesting thing is how far will they allow religious freedom to infringe upon other rights. It's a tricky situation and one all should be paying attention to especially if you currently feel puritanical views arlready shade choice. 

15 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

...  The interesting thing is how far will they allow religious freedom to infringe upon other rights. It's a tricky situation and one all should be paying attention to especially if you currently feel puritanical views arlready shade choice. 

Not only puritanical views, but also satanic or tribal rites, and polygamy. 

19 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Consent still matters, there are rules on the books about consent. Should public accommodation trump consent?

21 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Consent still matters, there are rules on the books about consent. Should public accommodation trump consent?

Should it?  Hell no... No interaction ever should ever contain unwilling participants.  However, that's not what so many current laws say, and it would only take one bad court case to rule in a bad direction because of identity politics. 

43 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Yes, consent still matters. But the laws are in conflict. IMHO consent trumps public accommodation.  However the courts may see things differently. As Furious says, all it takes is one bad decision based on PC politics to change everything. Just look at the 'consent doesn't matter' (neither does due process) in the Title IX tribunals of our  college system to see how laws can be twisted. 

Edited by Bit Banger

19 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

Ok....so recently I have had a person want to see me and get belligerent with me because I wouldn't see them...This person continued then I proceeded to inform him that I'm a selective provider.... So my question is this.... Selective Providing ok or not?.... Apparently some people feel that a person in my position isn't allowed this right.....

I' m sure you'll hear the categorical response of, "you have the right to see or not see whoever you wish" 

Your body, your rules. Here, let me teach you a magical phrase. Use this when necessary.

"Why don't you go outside and play hide and go fuck yourself?"

Try that once. It's really good fun.

Edited by Vassago

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Yesterday I had an asshat threaten to get past my screening, rape and kill me

And guys wonder why we screen and stay on High alert :(

All I can say is TY lady for being there for those nerve wrecking appointments to check on me xoxoxo

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

6 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

"how do you know quality before you even meet the guy?".....

By the way a person talks to another over the phone...the mannerisms in which a person speaks as well as the inflection in a persons voice can tell you a lot about them....this is why I prefer speaking instead of texting....arrogance is a major factor in me not seeing someone.....that and self entitlement....

Kisses,

Bella

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

This where instincts come in guys. If a guy says yeah when can we Fuck? Right off the bat, not only is it rude, but it's a pretty good indicator as to the type of session a girl would have. I agree with Bella 100% on listening to the tone of voice and preferring calls vs text. I love it when someone says hi, introduces themselves, asks how I am and then moves forward with a polite conversation. Top it off with a little humor and you can pretty much tell the guy is fun and not going to treat you like a piece of meat. It's usually confirmed when you check references and the lady says, oh yeah he's a lot of fun, a total sweetheart. 

All of us providers need to just not allow bad behavior. Period.  If it happens in text/phone/emails or face to face we need to always know it is our right to say no and remove ourselves from that situation. 

And never let a complete stranger dictate how you feel about yourself, or question yourself.  

Some thrive on negativity and drama.  Be the one that walks away smiling.

4 hours ago, Laci French said:
Do you know where these idiots are finding you?  I have been doing this for 20 years off/on and some men find amusement from being cruel or threatening providers.  They believe we don't have any recourse for their bad behavior.(please post on Verify Him)

Yesterday I had an asshat threaten to get past my screening, rape and kill me.

His words initially scared me and made me cancel my day, but by last night I realized he is someone that gets his jollies by creating fear.  I will be tightening up my screening and really listening to my inner voice and that is what I recommend for you.  If something doesn't feel right just say no.  Always have enough love/respect for yourself to just move forward after saying no. 
You've been around long enough to have had a good/bad experiences and the only thing that matters is to follow your inner voice/feeling.  What the board tells you is their opinions and they will not be the ones to suffer the direct consequences for the wrong choice.
Hope some of this helps and makes sense...
Everyone stay safe and have a great weekend!

I really hope you are safe!

Again that's why i love Sideline-One Inappropriate word and you are blocked from further contact! No back and forth with their mean words or threats!

And then we are blessed with gentlemen that schedule for 3hrs and leave $1,000 and it makes the difficult disappear. 

Bless you wonderful men that are so kind, generous and compassionate...it touches us so deeply.

Just now, Laci French said:

And then we are blessed with gentlemen that schedule for 3hrs and leave $1,000 and it makes the difficult disappear. 

Bless you wonderful men that are so kind, generous and compassionate...it touches us so deeply.

Amen!!

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

3 Hours!? What are we going to do in the 2 hours and 49 minutes that are left? :D

Regarding all the potential woes of decriminalization, ie laws restricting the right to decline service... as long as lawyers and psychiatrists can legally decline to see/represent clients  and parents have the right to choose whomever they wish to care for their children regardless of prejudice, I really dont think we have much to worry about... Just keeping things in perspective here...

10 minutes ago, boink36 said:

3 Hours!? What are we going to do in the 2 hours and 49 minutes that are left? :D

Well boink I'm sure We could cum up with a few things 😂😂

18 minutes ago, boink36 said:

Garage sales?😉

20 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

The comparisons to other business products or services is so flawed, it's hard for me to believe you're objecting to "my body, my choice" for serious reasons and not just for effect.   

ASP's can provide a highly customized personal service: companionship.  The last definition I saw of companionship used terms like fellowship, closeness and intimacy and more importantly, it requires at least two people operating face to face in very vulnerable ways to accomplish.  This takes it out of the purely polite transactional level where everyone keeps their clothes on  and which only requires one to smile, take an order or serve a drink or bake a cake to be successful.  Those sorts of businesses require very low levels of personal intimacy.  With an ASP, the demands are so high we've even given it a name: GFE!  And I would argue that you're not going to achieve intimacy very often if a key member of the duo is feeling up tight, powerless or otherwise without a vote.  I think we're better off when we match up with a provider on at least a couple dimensions, unless your main objective is relief.  I think "she gets to decide who she sells her body to" (as someone put it) is the only way this sector should operate.  

46 minutes ago, Happymon said:

The comparisons to other business products or services is so flawed, it's hard for me to believe you're objecting to "my body, my choice" for serious reasons and not just for effect.   

Personally I agree with you.

But the devil's advocate position says that some PC lawyer will see it otherwise. 

On 8/3/2017 at 5:09 PM, Bella Marie said:

Apparently according to him I'm just a "prostitute".... Yeah he actually said that ....

He is WAY out of line.

You have the right to see who you want to. Your personal safety is paramount and never negotiable as you, of course, know.

Don't give him the time of day, he doesn't deserve a response from you pretty lady.

5 hours ago, Laci French said:

Garage sales?😉

Nope, it's too late for garage sales.

Monopoly!

Hmmmm, you landed on Boardwalk and I have 2 hotels there......what to do?? LOL!