Kali Sensual Reiki

Not allowed to give Reputations?

19 posts in this topic

Just was wondering if there was just something wrong with the system? I am being told that I can't post "like" even though I still have enough to hand out? Not sure what is going on? Is it just computer/TOB/Retrograde/sort of thing? Just was wondering? Pops up after click "Like"  the green button. 

You have used up your like-likes for the time period. I believe you can use the rep system now as it is into a new time frame....

screenshot-theotherboard.com 2017-08-03 00-19-13.jpg

Hey it's not her fault there's so much to like around here...

Why are we monitored on what we "like" any way? To me that is rather silly. Yes, Ferious Weasel is correct with his response. Just think that the forum runs its self for the most part. Seldom do many people get out of hand. Sure there is a few not so nice words but seriously!? I vote for more "Like's" cuz we "like" and some times even love the words of others. This is just my opinion. I am sure you have your reasoning...

sick of rules and regulations. There is just wayyy too many of them. We all need to share in more happiness. For health and well being please.  

16 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Why are we monitored on what we "like" any way? To me that is rather silly. Yes, Ferious Weasel is correct with his response. Just think that the forum runs its self for the most part. Seldom do many people get out of hand. Sure there is a few not so nice words but seriously!? I vote for more "Like's" cuz we "like" and some times even love the words of others. This is just my opinion. I am sure you have your reasoning...

sick of rules and regulations. There is just wayyy too many of them. We all need to share in more happiness. For health and well being please.  

IMHO, if we have an infinite number of 'likes' available, they may be given indiscriminately, which would reduce their value. With a limited budget, one awards them more carefully. I do appreciate that 'likes' are given to a particular post, rather than to the poster. 

Rules vs. Anarchy?

Rules help keep us civilized. As Lazarus(RAH) said, "Manners grease the grinding gears of society." (or words to that effect)

Edited by Bit Banger

3 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Without the forum rules the high price you pay for a membership now would go even higher.

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

IMHO, if we have an infinite number of 'likes' available, they may be given indiscriminately, which would reduce their value. With a limited budget, one awards them more carefully. I do appreciate that 'likes' are given to a particular post, rather than to the poster. 

Rules vs. Anarchy?

Rules help keep us civilized. As Lazarus(RAH) said, "Manners grease the grinding gears of society." (or words to that effect)

Rules are becoming out of control. My poor dad is in a nursing home...He lived a very interesting, reckless, hard, life. Yet he did everything his own way! Yes and even at times with his own rules too!!! Hahah he used to embarrass the hell out of me growing up! That's the freaking truth!!Yes I will admit! Before things got out of hand for him. I do remember having to go in and correct his mistakes with business transactions sooth things over with business clients of his. Their friends, you name it. No, I give my parents respect I never pointed out the corrections I made for them...(not my place)!  Oh hell ya on that!!!

However, (back to TOB) this is a public forum and I feel strongly in encouraging people to speak their truths! Also to  be supportive of anyone who wishes to give advise, ask questions, rant, bless- you name it. I get excited for people! I want to congratulate them. 😍😍

I think it is is a travesty the world has become so bent on rules and regulations! 

You know if my dad was not plagued by dementia. He would remind you that issuse in life used to be resolved with a hand shake. 

Having limited "likes" to give is really a sad thing to contemplate.😔😔 

This damn world has enough issues. I believe in encouragement! Goon  a head call me a stinking fluffy bunny gawds dammit!

I am a good friend to many.

I love a great many of you.

I wish to stay hopeful and happy not regimented by likes/government/shit of that nature. At least not more than I have to be!  So, their you go with my little take on LIKE!😌😌

I say, please join me in National TOB "Like" day!!!!😂😂😂😂

Kisses to you all even if you don't agree with me!

Yep I still like you!😍😍

1 hour ago, boink36 said:

Without the forum rules the high price you pay for a membership now would go even higher.

More than 115.00 Boink?😭😭😭

5 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I didn't realize posting on the forum cost that much. 

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

54 minutes ago, boink36 said:

Neither did I. 

Thank you for the feedback. At this time the Reps will remain capped. There are times where a glitch occurs, we are unable to correct that, at this time. We are looking at making a change at the end of this year. We will add your comments to that list. Thank you again:)

2 hours ago, boink36 said:

It does if you do it right every month!!! 😝😝cut me a deal! I will be happy!😳😳😳

7 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Rules vs. Anarchy?

Likes have something to do with Anarchy?! WOW! Guess, I learned something else new today! Two new learns today! I am feeling pretty smart!😁😁😁😁

41 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Likes have something to do with Anarchy?! WOW! Guess, I learned something else new today! Two new learns today! I am feeling pretty smart!😁😁😁😁

In D&D there are two perpendicular axes of moral alignment. One axis is Good vs. Evil. The other is Lawful vs. Chaos.

I take you've never seen a board destroyed by chaos, becoming the scorched earth of nuclear flame wars. 

Likes are not related to Anarchy, but lack (or disrespect) of rules is. 

Edited by Bit Banger
Spelling

Reputation? ""---> (Posted May 29, 2016) "Due to recent issues the Reps rating has been removed from the post container and the forum stats page. You can still give Reps to the posts and the number of reps will be displayed for that post. "

After changing the Rep system and removing the "Popularity" component from forum view---> The 10 reps per 24 hour period is working as intended, changing the limit upwards would only abuse the system..... 

13 hours ago, Kaduk said:

After changing the Rep system and removing the "Popularity" component from forum view---> The 10 reps per 24 hour period is working as intended, changing the limit upwards would only abuse the system..... 

I am so lost!? To me abuse is about causing pain to someone..not rep points.

Your rules, not mine... I am very happy go lucky! My world is just a bit more relaxed is all I guess?   As I enjoy focusing on the positive aspectsof others in life.

Moving faster through the negative...😀😀

18 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

In D&D there are two perpendicular axes of moral alignment. One axis is Good vs. Evil. The other is Lawful vs. Chaos.

I take you've never seen a board destroyed by chaos, becoming the scorched earth of nuclear flame wars. 

Likes are not related to Anarchy, but lack (or disrespect) of rules is. 

I have sued people before and companies and corporations.

Yet, that is something quite different from pushing the "like" button on a TOB. I fail to see the understanding. Too busy working in my office and listening to 

Glenn Campbell.

https://youtu.be/2A7iuQF_tAc

Happy retro Friday friends!😘😘

4 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:
18 hours ago, Kaduk said:

I am so lost!? To me abuse is about causing pain to someone..not rep points.

Your rules, not mine... I am very happy go lucky! My world is just a bit more relaxed is all I guess?   As I enjoy focusing on the positive aspectsof others in life.

Moving faster through the negative...😀😀

Within the TOB Site Rules scroll down you will see this statement

Warning/Infraction List/Policies.
For whatever purpose some individuals will abuse any system imaginable.
In order to maintain a welcoming environment that everyone can enjoy, we require all TOB members to follow the simple guidelines outlined on this page. Thank you.

I will not discuss the specifics of any abuse's only to say the 10 reps per 24 hour period is working as intended.

Site Rules/Guidelines
We hope to encourage a wider range of topic discussions amongst all Members, allowing varied points of view when posting to the forums. The administrators and Mods are well aware that most users try to conduct themselves in a proper manner.

Also to note:: the TOB Rules/Guidelines numbers have been cut to 13 rules, which is more than half from the previous version and accommodates a wider range of topics to discuss.