Yogi

Waiting game

10 posts in this topic

This is maybe just a mini rant and a question. Most providers have reasonable reply time during scheduling -- a couple hours. But,a third of the time there are long delays in responses to a  message about scheduling. 

Yesterday morning after an initial email, an established provider offered  a mutually agreeable time window and I replied with a specific time in that range, but 24 hours later no response from her  

Here's my question.i can ping her again, but my inclination is to just politely say 'I can't make it today.' I'm concerned that this delay might be an indicator that I'm going to get the dreaded "My cat just got sick." Cancellation text from her as I driving to the appointment. She may have booked the time I suggested, but for whatever reason forgot to reply and if I cancel I'll be that dirtbag who bailed at the last minute. 

I know this is really an insignificant thing, but scheduling for me is always complicated and I really need to have things locked down. (Yeah, I know 'Well, maybe you shouldn't hobby.' I barely do anymore because of this phenomenon.) 

Thoughts?

Edited by Yogi
Syntax

Yogi, I say move on to another provider. Any lady who is professional in how she handles her business will get back to you in a timely manner. There are too many choices out there for you to go with. In this time when there are so many ladies complaining about the guys who are flaky and NCNS I would be willing to bet you won' t have a problem finding someone who would be glad to see you. Her loss will be someone else's gain. Good luck!

I think depends on the Provider. Recently I booked one and she was on her way for 90 minutes after booking time. Gas, cigs, etc. at the 2 hour point I simply texted back cancel. She has a lot of reviews with some right along the lines of what I experienced. So be it, I just moved on. If it's one I really want to meet, I've waited that 2 hours plus, and was glad I did. 

Edited by fishndude57

I have some guys that email me, and ask if I am available and I say, "Yes, call me." then don't hear from them again, or they do the same thing the next day, etc. I also have some ask me time frames, and I tell them that is open, but I don't get a reply or they say they will call and they don't. The biggest reason I make calling the number one priority is because I have found too much miscommunication with emails and texting. On the phone, we can both clarify the time and date we want to get together, and you create that initial connection.

Another thing is, I don't check my emails periodically because I don't get a huge number of them. I have been bad and not checked for a few days because this isn't where I set up appts. Did you make sure that this is the better way to contact her to set up an appointment? Make sure you know how she operates her business.

Also, I cater to my regulars before new clients, and I am sure I am not the only that does the same. Keep in mind that if you are new to her that you probably don't take first priority(even if you have a lengthy, stellar reputation)and that her personal life, regulars, etc. does. We get countless new clients that call eager to see us, but that doesn't mean they get in the door for whatever reason, and especially in a quick fashion. 

I understand that some of you guys have small windows to play, but we don't mess around when it comes to seeing someone new so you need to prepare that you will not be getting in the door as soon as you call or even know a few days out. Get to know her and let her do likewise, and you will more than likely see her when a timeframe opens up for you.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I agree quick phone call can go a long way to have clear communication. 

I know what you mean I am not always able to have as flexible schedule. It makes it hard when there is long delay, especially if you have to drive a ways. 

I hear you Samantha Shepard, how it must be very frustrating to get steady inquiries and no follow through, my business is different but happens also and it is so frustrating. Or the  last minute cancel or no show (those are the worst especially if I had to cancel with a wonderful lady just for my client to show)

4 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

. Recently I booked one and she was on her way for 90 minutes after booking time. Gas, cigs, etc. at the 2 hour point I simply texted back cancel. 

Oh yes..the dreaded   "I'll be there in 15min and they are still on the way two hours later."     Ladies,please be honest in your time frame and if you really really are stuck in traffic...call .  

7 hours ago, Yogi said:

This is maybe just a mini rant and a question. Most providers have reasonable reply time during scheduling -- a couple hours. But,a third of the time there are long delays in responses to a  message about scheduling. 

Yesterday morning after an initial email, an established provider offered  a mutually agreeable time window and I replied with a specific time in that range, but 24 hours later no response from her  

Here's my question.i can ping her again, but my inclination is to just politely say 'I can't make it today.' I'm concerned that this delay might be an indicator that I'm going to get the dreaded "My cat just got sick." Cancellation text from her as I driving to the appointment. She may have booked the time I suggested, but for whatever reason forgot to reply and if I cancel I'll be that dirtbag who bailed at the last minute. 

I know this is really an insignificant thing, but scheduling for me is always complicated and I really need to have things locked down. (Yeah, I know 'Well, maybe you shouldn't hobby.' I barely do anymore because of this phenomenon.) 

Thoughts?

I also really need dependability from the ladies, since it is hard for me to schedule play time into my work calendar (like - need to do it weeks in advance), so I really count on the YL to be available for our appointment.  I have found that communication is the key - the fail, in my opinion, is that you let 24 hours go by after proposing a definite time.  If I don't hear back in a couple of hours, I follow up with a "don't know if you missed my earlier message, but is 2:00 good for you on Friday?" e-mail.  If I don't get a reply in another hour or so, I move on, since this is a bad sign (3-4 hours going by without a reply).

The other fail, in my opinion, is to use e-mail for communication - if the YL gets her mail on her cellphone, it works great, and you will know because she will likely reply fairly quickly.  If she has to go turn on a computer, it often turns into a cluster-fuck (oops, a cluster-didn't-get-to-fuck).  As Samantha (who is very dependable) pointed out, she hasn't checked her e-mail in days. My ATATF doesn't check in for weeks! Unless the YL demands that we use e-mail, I always prefer texting - you know that they get the message instantly, or simply calling - yes, phones actually can still be used for voice calls.

Next, and I know that there is a split of opinion on this, but it works for me: I use a shotgun approach with a new prospective date - I will text, e-mail, send a P411 request and a PM.  Each of them indicates that I am sending multiple messages, and that I am only doing this until she tells me how she prefers to be contacted, but that I really want to see her because she is such a fox and I have heard great things about her.....  I know some ladies have indicated on these forums that they don't like this, but I have never had anyone object.  I think the key is to be humble and indicate that you are willing to use any mandated form of communication going forward.

In any event, if I am planning 3-4 days in advance, 24 hours of silence isn't a deal breaker, but if the time is sooner, you gotta move on sooner if you want to be sure to enjoy your hard-earned time away.

All the more reason to find your ATF, it's so much easier to communicate once you know each other.

4 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

The biggest reason I make calling the number one priority is because I have found too much miscommunication with emails and texting. On the phone, we can both clarify the time and date we want to get together, and you create that initial connection.

Samantha Sheppard

I love being able to have a phone conversation! It saves time, multiple texts or emails, and before you hang up, the day and time are confirmed. I may start with a P411 request, or text, or email, but I prefer the phone to finish the scheduling. :D

Personally, I would have no hesitation to ping her. I probably wouldn't cancel, but that's me.

5 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

I have some guys that email me, and ask if I am available and I say, "Yes, call me." then don't hear from them again, or they do the same thing the next day, etc. I also have some ask me time frames, and I tell them that is open, but I don't get a reply or they say they will call and they don't. The biggest reason I make calling the number one priority is because I have found too much miscommunication with emails and texting. On the phone, we can both clarify the time and date we want to get together, and you create that initial connection.

Another thing is, I don't check my emails periodically because I don't get a huge number of them. I have been bad and not checked for a few days because this isn't where I set up appts. Did you make sure that this is the better way to contact her to set up an appointment? Make sure you know how she operates her business.

Also, I cater to my regulars before new clients, and I am sure I am not the only that does the same. Keep in mind that if you are new to her that you probably don't take first priority(even if you have a lengthy, stellar reputation)and that her personal life, regulars, etc. does. We get countless new clients that call eager to see us, but that doesn't mean they get in the door for whatever reason, and especially in a quick fashion. 

I understand that some of you guys have small windows to play, but we don't mess around when it comes to seeing someone new so you need to prepare that you will not be getting in the door as soon as you call or even know a few days out. Get to know her and let her do likewise, and you will more than likely see her when a timeframe opens up for you.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Thanks, Sam & everyone else. It could be that this would have been our first meeting & other priorities entered the picture. I know there are many variables with how folks are able to communicate -- some providers are doing this part-time and also have limits. Plus this is, after all, a somewhat under-the-radar adventure. I'm not stressing.

I sent a last note canceling the non-appointment appointment and still didn't hear back. Time to move on. Cheers. Y

PS: I wish I could keep an ATF and avoid this scenario, but they keep moving or retiring. I don't think it is my fault...

When initiating written contact (PM, P411, or even TXT) I usually allow 24hrs for response. With P411 messaging (or PM if she hasn't posted in a few days) I will also phone her, indicating that she "has mail."

If I'm looking for a same day appointment, I use the phone(voice). If she doesn't list a phone# (ad or profile), she goes to the back of the list; maybe next time.  If she wants references, I'll follow up with a P411 request confirming the time (if she's a member).  If P411 isn't enough, "Never mind. I'll see someone else." If my call goes to voice mail, I may allow 1hr for response before I call someone else, but I'm just as likely to move on to the next on my list w/o leaving a message.  Remember, TXT or VM are no different from PM/P411/email if she doesn't check the device; delivery is NOT guaranteed.

If I call & get TXT back (especially w/BP), I'm hesitant. A) I've had less than stellar experiences when I haven't heard her voice. B) Am i scheduling with her "manager"?