So this happened

49 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

So, how long til I can back to bumpin uglies? Food will be easy. 

Glad to hear you're feeling good. Gallbladder surgery is really a piece of cake anymore.

As far as bumping uglies, I'd say as soon as you feel like doing it, do it! I didn't have any restrictions when I got my gallbladder out.

PM me what room and hospital you are in and I will come visit...and since you will be in a bed anyway.........well...ok...you need your rest...never mind. Get well soon!

Melissa,  you sure have a lot of gall ........ wait ........ cant say that anymore!

Glad you are feeling better. 😀

Congratulations! The Universe is conceding your toughness. The message is....."Unless we take her to the grave a piece at a time over the next 50 years, she is gonna live forever!"

You have been in my thoughts,  no surgery is easy and painless!

I hope you are feeling better babe!

On 8/1/2017 at 7:26 AM, Melissa Sterling said:

I got rushed to the hospital and had emergency gallbladder surgery yesterday. Anyone else have their gallbladder removed? I'm sore, but feel ok. Not sure if go home today.  Hey at least it's over before school starts.

Please pm me with any tips, food advice etc. I consider it a crime that I can't have fried foods like Bacon. Gotta go gluten free...at a loss here.

I hope you feel better doll😉

I'm at home getting rest! Hoping I'll be back in the saddle again soon! Gallbladder surgery is no joke though, especially when you have a bad infection. I highly recommend not experiencing this for yourself.  Alternative fun for a while...but at least I'm alive.

Hope you get to feeling better! I had mine out awhile ago. Was sore for a couple of weeks. It'll take your body some time to adjust and some foods will give you fits for awhile. Moderation is key. My doctor prescribed cholestryamine that helps a lot. It's a powder that help the stomach not get so upset when eating certain foods. Works wonderfully for me. I had to keep that handy because when I travel it is hard to eat or avoid certain foods. This has saved my bacon (pun intended) more than once.

I got rushed to the hospital and had emergency gallbladder surgery yesterday. Anyone else have their gallbladder removed? I'm sore, but feel ok. Not sure if go home today.  Hey at least it's over before school starts.

Please pm me with any tips, food advice etc. I consider it a crime that I can't have fried foods like Bacon. Gotta go gluten free...at a loss here.

Sweetie, I'm sorry you've had a run of bad luck the past month or so. Dentist and now this!!!!!!

I don't really have any advice that has not been given. Get some rest and take care of yourself!

All of your friends are concerned about you and hope you recover fully to the energetic awesome lady that you are!

Much love and positive thoughts to you always!!!!!!

Ok, who here has a suggestion for the itching around the incisions? I know I can't put anything on the incision, but the skin next to it....I can't stand it anymore!!!! I've put lotion, gold bond with lidocaine, cold compresses, warm compresses, aloe. How long will this last?

Other than any pain killers they gave you, a good book or movie or some other distraction is what you need.  The itching is good.  Means you are healing.

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Ok, who here has a suggestion for the itching around the incisions? I know I can't put anything on the incision, but the skin next to it....I can't stand it anymore!!!! I've put lotion, gold bond with lidocaine, cold compresses, warm compresses, aloe. How long will this last?

Spike lavender. Google it. I just received a bottle of it yesterday. I'll run up some to you on Monday or Tuesday if you'd like. I can cut it with some fractionated coconut, or sweet almond carrier oil and put in a roller bottle for you. If you can wait till Tuesday, I've got another sample you asked me for. The last ingredient is supposed to be delivered end of day Monday.

25 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

Spike lavender. Google it. I just received a bottle of it yesterday. I'll run up some to you on Monday or Tuesday if you'd like. I can cut it with some fractionated coconut, or sweet almond carrier oil and put in a roller bottle for you. If you can wait till Tuesday, I've got another sample you asked me for. The last ingredient is supposed to be delivered end of day Monday.

Yes please and a bazillion thank you's

It took me a couple of weeks for the itching to go away. I just sorta rubbed it to help with the itching.

My incision was about an 1" long directly below my belly button..a far cry from the days when when they used to cut you from one side to the other.

When mine itched from my incision I just lightly tapped around area with my fingers.....it helped

Sorry Hun, never had that. Now if you had 8 broken ribs, a punctured lung, a broken collar bone and a broken shoulder blade, yeah I sure could give you some tips/advice. B)

Hey darling ...... sorry about your illness, and get well soon.  According to your surgeon, that's enough out of you for awhile :)