So this happened

49 posts in this topic

I got rushed to the hospital and had emergency gallbladder surgery yesterday. Anyone else have their gallbladder removed? I'm sore, but feel ok. Not sure if go home today.  Hey at least it's over before school starts.

Please pm me with any tips, food advice etc. I consider it a crime that I can't have fried foods like Bacon. Gotta go gluten free...at a loss here.

I had my gallbladder taken out 3-4 years ago. Did it on a Friday (day surgery...in and out in 4 hours) and back to work on Monday.  I wore sweatpants for a couple weeks to work.

I still eat bacon, burritos and anything else I want. 

I think what you eat all depends on how your body tolerates it.

28 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I got rushed to the hospital and had emergency gallbladder surgery yesterday. Anyone else have their gallbladder removed? I'm sore, but feel ok. Not sure if go home today.  Hey at least it's over before school starts.

Please pm me with any tips, food advice etc. I consider it a crime that I can't have fried foods like Bacon. Gotta go gluten free...at a loss here.

Sweet lady I'm sorry!  If there's anything you need don't hesitate.  That had to be a scary situation.

32 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I took care of my grandma when she had her surgery. One side was completely occluded. Get some rest, follow the doctors orders and from the way my grandma eats...I think you will find out what you can and can't eat. Prayers and hugs hon!

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Edited by SultryKitten

Was the doctor French?  Removing de Gaulle bladder is a very delicate operation.

Seriously, glad you are up and posting.  Oh...and eventually you will be able to eat anything you like, including bacon and fresh, hot buttered croissants.  However, the phrase "all things in moderation" will hold deep meaning for you.

Get well!

So glad you're ok. Tough run last couple of months huh? Oh well now to put you back together. 

Get good rest love. Im sorry you went through that . If it makes you feel better I got pelted with a round of paint  balls thus weekend AnD am nursing a few side bruises. :( paint ball hurts!! Don't go willingly! 

Edited by Chrissy

BTW... wishing you a quick recovery Melissa

Though we've never met, I am sending you wishes for a quick and complete recovery.  Be good to yourself.

Wish you a speedy recovery!  Now hurry up and get the heck out of there, hospitals are full of sick people.

YAWW - Yet Another Well Wisher

My buddy had more trouble eating BEFORE they removed his. It went on for years because the surgeon refused to operate while he was still a heavy smoker. Finally an ER visit got a different result. 

Be well, get some rest, and remember what Yorick said about 'moderation'

It's different for everyone. I know several people who have had their GB removed and don't see any difference and I know one guy who gets the runs when he looks directly at a french fry. Do what's right for you. You might not have another attack for years or you might have one tomorrow. It all depends on what's going on in your body. Personally, I wouldn't go under the knife (even for this minor surgery) over one episode. I would wait until it becomes a persistent problem, then get it taken care of. It really depends on the frequency of the attacks and your threshold for the pain. At least now you know what it is. Next time it happens and you can probably pop into urgent care, get some good pain meds, and work through it. Moderating your fat intake will probably help. You shouldn't have to quit all the good stuff. Just monitor what you eat and whether it triggers a GB attack.

Good luck.

My daughter had hers removed New Year's Day. Start bland & slowly add things back into your diet.

My dear, you're having a hell of a time lately...  

Yeah follow dr rules at first, then slowly start adding fats and such back into your diet, and just gauge how much you can tolerate.  Most can handle a reasonable amount, so stock up on bacon and make it count!  Gluten free is easier though anymore...

Get better soon. You'll be fine. :D

5 hours ago, daaacz said:

It's different for everyone. I know several people who have had their GB removed and don't see any difference and I know one guy who gets the runs when he looks directly at a french fry. Do what's right for you. You might not have another attack for years or you might have one tomorrow. It all depends on what's going on in your body. Personally, I wouldn't go under the knife (even for this minor surgery) over one episode. I would wait until it becomes a persistent problem, then get it taken care of. It really depends on the frequency of the attacks and your threshold for the pain. At least now you know what it is. Next time it happens and you can probably pop into urgent care, get some good pain meds, and work through it. Moderating your fat intake will probably help. You shouldn't have to quit all the good stuff. Just monitor what you eat and whether it triggers a GB attack.

Good luck.

I've been dealing with this pain since October, and the surgeon said I had a lot of stones and it wasn't working, so I'm happy it's all gone.i feel much better.

7 hours ago, Adriana Caliste said:

My daughter had hers removed New Year's Day. Start bland & slowly add things back into your diet.

Starting bland, I'm just the guy for that! :D feel better Mel.

Had mine removed several years ago.

Start bland and watch the grease, until you can tolerate the burger and fries. 

Greens may give you a problem to start with.

It get better with time.

Sending light with reiki! Gentle thoughts for a speedy recovery Melissa!! 😘😘

Had mine out as well, never missed a beat with my diet (which is not at all healthy LoL) and it's been fine.

So, how long til I can back to bumpin uglies? Food will be easy. 

15 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I've been dealing with this pain since October, and the surgeon said I had a lot of stones and it wasn't working, so I'm happy it's all gone.i feel much better.

.. and we're looking forward to feeling you !!!