Cali Rose

Maybe I'm trippin....

29 posts in this topic

Ok,  so I had somebody ask me the other day if I had a "good day"  pertaining to my business. I told him respect fully that I'm sorry but I think that's a little too personal.  Especially because I don't think that my business is any of his business. He got mad and said that he was trying to establish a "connection" with me. 

I mean I get the occasional "how's business" but I felt like him asking me if I had a good day was a little too personal. Am I wrong? Honesty is very much appreciated! 

I think it all depends on the tone in his question. Some people ask as a means to engage in small talk, some people ask because they might want to know the number of appointments per day. 

Ive heard from a few providers they've have clients turn them down because they considered 2 appointments a day "high volume".  To each's own, the number of appts is up to the provider. I usually gauge it by my energy level, I want to give 100% so if I feel like I'm burned out or tired I give myself some reprieve.   

If it were me, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, he likely wanted to have a bit of small talk. I usually just reply with a general "it's doing well, thank you for asking. How's your week going?". 

I hope that was helpful, sorry if it came off scatterbrained. Xo 

it's not like you have to tell him anything personal about your self or appointments, maybe he just wanted to make sure your doing well? shit maybe be if you tell him your not doing well he would throw you an extra tip you never know.

I have asked this of several providers....but only after seeing them several times.  I asked because I enjoyed their company, and cared that they were doing well.  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

As to a response....you can answer honestly or not.  I have received detailed responses when the lady wanted to talk about it, and when she didn't I have received smart-ass deflecting answers told with a wink and a grin.  Both satisfied me.

This is a personal business.  Guys that enjoy your company will be tempted to ask personal questions.  You should make a list of those topics you are not comfortable with ahead of time.  Have a ready to go funny quip or one-liner on the tip of your tongue for each one.  Practice saying them with a smile.  

He may or may not have been fishing to see if he was your one and only that day.  I think most of us would like to feel like we were your only client that day/night.   In either case, your right, it is none of his/our business but its probably better not to point this out to him.  

You could offer a non committal "good - how is your business?"  or better - Joke with him and say "It's lousy - you're my only client"...  or best  "business is great" - look toward the door and yell "NEXT!"

49 minutes ago, jus12pla said:

He may or may not have been fishing to see if he was your one and only that day.  I think most of us would like to feel like we were your only client that day/night. 

Anyone that thinks this should have their head examined. 

Because of this, I am a big fan of morning appointments. Or more correct, early into a ladies "shift". Hopefully not burned out already, me not thinking about "who's been down hear already today" and such thoughts.

Damn post timeout!!!

ADD: back to OP, was not in the room, so, can't sense original intent of the question, but maybe a bit sensitive. A "how's it going" could mean "How are you" poorly phrased. Or the provider reply could be a mild deflection along the lines of "boy, the phone has been ringing nonstop today": gets client question answered withou getting into numbers/stats/$s.

And: "here" not "hear".

Edited by NoCoGeezer

Just politely change the subject.  

I'm confused. Did he ask how you were doing or how your business was doing? I ask ladies how they are doing all the time. It's just polite. On the other hand to ask how your business is doing seems a little tacky to me. I don't think it's over the line or anything, but it's not something I would generally ask. I'm thinking he just wanted to get to know you better and ask how your day was going. Ladies always ask me this and I respond in kind.

my .02

8 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

Ok,  so I had somebody ask me the other day if I had a "good day"  pertaining to my business. I told him respect fully that I'm sorry but I think that's a little too personal.  Especially because I don't think that my business is any of his business. He got mad and said that he was trying to establish a "connection" with me. 

I mean I get the occasional "how's business" but I felt like him asking me if I had a good day was a little too personal. Am I wrong? Honesty is very much appreciated! 

Hey, your instincts are right - he was fishing to find out if he was numero uno that day which, whether we admit or speak of it, we all wonder.  You should have a prepared answer, since sooner or later some guys are going to hint or ask, so have some fun: Answer - "Funny you should ask, you're my only visitor today, and boy, that sure is a good thing - you just plumb wore me out with that big old dick of yours, you are such a man!  I think I'm going to have to take a cold shower just to be able to walk again."

Or, if he asks ahead of time:  "Funny you should ask, you're my only visitor today, and boy, that sure is a good thing - I think you look like the kind of guy who is going to wear me out with that big old dick of yours, you are such a man!  I think I'm going to have to take a cold shower later just to be able to walk again."

B)

17 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Hey, your instincts are right - he was fishing to find out if he was numero uno that day which, whether we admit or speak of it, we all wonder.  You should have a prepared answer, since sooner or later some guys are going to hint or ask, so have some fun: Answer - "Funny you should ask, you're my only visitor today, and boy, that sure is a good thing - you just plumb wore me out with that big old dick of yours, you are such a man!  I think I'm going to have to take a cold shower just to be able to walk again."

Or, if he asks ahead of time:  "Funny you should ask, you're my only visitor today, and boy, that sure is a good thing - I think you look like the kind of guy who is going to wear me out with that big old dick of yours, you are such a man!  I think I'm going to have to take a cold shower later just to be able to walk again."

B)

This is a great answer. Also says 'I have no cash on me.' 

12 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

Now see, I am a smartass and if I felt it was too personal, I would be sarcastic about my response...but that is just me.

If it is someone I don't know a bit, yeah I would find that a little uncomfortable. Otherwise, I keep it general and just say something vague like, "Another day in the world of adulting." or something to that effect. The wonderful thing about us getting to pick and choose who really gets to know us.

I can say that if it is obvious that they are fishing for some gossip or something to that effect, I would make a note of that and be careful about seeing or saying something to that person about anything pertaining to you and your business.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, SultryKitten said:

Now see, I am a smartass and if I felt it was too personal, I would be sarcastic about my response...but that is just me.

If it is someone I don't know a bit, yeah I would find that a little uncomfortable. Otherwise, I keep it general and just say something vague like, "Another day in the world of adulting." or something to that effect. The wonderful thing about us getting to pick and choose who really gets to know us.

I can say that if it is obvious that they are fishing for some gossip or something to that effect, I would make a note of that and be careful about seeing or saying something to that person about anything pertaining to you and your business.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

No I never even met him. And he didn't just ask me if business was good he asked if I made a lot of money which is very suspicious to me because now I'm thinking he's trying to rob me or something. 🤔 And then when I politely told him "Not to sound rude but I think that's a little too personal to be asking me" he got mad and started ranting about how it would be nice for us to establish some kind of connection 😠 Really? By asking me about my finances? I don't go questioning people about what's in their pockets or ask to see bank statements and tax returns. I don't even ask how much money they make because that's none of my business. What threw me off was how upset he got when I tried to establish a boundary. We should be able to draw a line that we don't want crossed without people becoming hostile about it. 

3 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

I don't even ask how much money they make because that's none of my business. 

Agree..its a subject that i don't even tell my mom....let a lone a complete stranger.

8 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

No I never even met him. And he didn't just ask me if business was good he asked if I made a lot of money which is very suspicious to me because now I'm thinking he's trying to rob me or something. 🤔 And then when I politely told him "Not to sound rude but I think that's a little too personal to be asking me" he got mad and started ranting about how it would be nice for us to establish some kind of connection 😠 Really? By asking me about my finances? I don't go questioning people about what's in their pockets or ask to see bank statements and tax returns. I don't even ask how much money they make because that's none of my business. What threw me off was how upset he got when I tried to establish a boundary. We should be able to draw a line that we don't want crossed without people becoming hostile about it. 

Damn. Yeah, that's way out of line. Not sure why you wouldn't have mentioned that in the first place. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but sometimes, out in the field you have to scrape those cow patties off your boots and keep walking.

12 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

No I never even met him. And he didn't just ask me if business was good he asked if I made a lot of money which is very suspicious to me because now I'm thinking he's trying to rob me or something. 🤔 And then when I politely told him "Not to sound rude but I think that's a little too personal to be asking me" he got mad and started ranting about how it would be nice for us to establish some kind of connection 

Well how else is the man supposed to decide whether he wants to be your pimp besides  checking your earning capabilities?? :cool:

(yes, that was sarcasm.  where do these ass hats come from??)

14 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

That's when I would've asked him to leave.  Remember that is always an option if someone makes you feel uncomfortable.

16 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

Well heck, I didn't know that you had never met him! Oh yeah, I would have went off and told him in a not so nice manner that my finances or personal life is none of his damn business. Some people! Connect, my ass! Good on you Chica!

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

4 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Well heck, I didn't know that you had never met him! Oh yeah, I would have went off and told him in a not so nice manner that my finances or personal life is none of his damn business. Some people! Connect, my ass! Good on you Chica!

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Yeah that's why I was a little irritated by it. If I knew him and had seen him a few times I wouldn't be bothered but for a complete stranger to it was inappropriate to me. He should be happy he got the response he did and not the one I wanted to give him, which was he needs to mind his own damn business! Lol 😝 

I thinking asking how your day was can be chalked up to akward small talk. Asking how much money you've made is way over the line. 

On 7/30/2017 at 5:14 AM, stevie-2249 said:

it's not like you have to tell him anything personal about your self or appointments, maybe he just wanted to make sure your doing well? shit maybe be if you tell him your not doing well he would throw you an extra tip you never know.

I have a real liking for what Stevie says here! Cali Rose...I am sorry if you feel like someone is asking questions that should not. I know what it feels like when someone feels awkward in how the ask simple questions...sending ease your way! 

On 7/30/2017 at 7:14 AM, jus12pla said:

He may or may not have been fishing to see if he was your one and only that day.  I think most of us would like to feel like we were your only client that day/night.   In either case, your right, it is none of his/our business but its probably better not to point this out to him.  

You could offer a non committal "good - how is your business?"  or better - Joke with him and say "It's lousy - you're my only client"...  or best  "business is great" - look toward the door and yell "NEXT!"

"business is great" - look toward the door and yell "NEXT!" Im so using this!!:D

I love it when I am asked in a sneering tone "so how many men have you fucked already today?"

...said no one ever. 

47 minutes ago, TrystinTrimble said:

I love it when I am asked in a sneering tone "so how many men have you fucked already today?"

...said no one ever. 

"Why, is being last in a long line your fetish or something?"  - is that a good response to him?

Edited by FuriousWeasel

Or the "shady accountant" response.

Bat you eyelashes at him and say "how many would you like for me to have fucked?"

Just because the guy is being a total dickweed doesn't mean you can't have some fun with it!

And to clarify....I mean fun for you....not for him.

Edited by Yorick

I always try to remember that people only know as much as you let them. If you feel like it's an awkward question or you feel uneasy simply just don't answer. You're in charge of you!  Always stick to your instincts on talking to guys!

Good Vibes xo

I'm likely an outlier here, but I find it's a turn on to be with a girl whose been getting fucked all day. But then, that's just me. I'm sure most dudes would like to think they're the only guy rocking your world that day...

3 hours ago, seneca12 said:

I'm likely an outlier here, but I find it's a turn on to be with a girl whose been getting fucked all day. But then, that's just me. I'm sure most dudes would like to think they're the only guy rocking your world that day...

But please don't make us ladies uncomfortable by asking.:D

Never, ever ask about finances.

It's nobodies business except your own.

I had an uncle who.once asked me how much money I made and j told him it was none of his business. It pissed him off but he got over it in a couple months and apologized for prying.