Don John

Lo T/ Hi T

13 posts in this topic

Hey there fellow hobbyists: Have any of you found an effective and proven way of boosting your testosterone short of patches and shots? (Asking or a friend.)

By effective and proven, I mean: you had your levels measured. You did or took X. Your measured levels went up as demonstrated by a lab blood test.

My research on behalf of my friend suggests that steps like losing 15 pounds or so, avoiding wanking, lifting heavy weights, following a Paleo diet, not drinking alcohol, and long cold baths help. I'm sure they do. Not sure my lazy and sensualist friend will follow on that course, though.

There are a ton of supplements out there that have testimonials and even some supposed research to support their claims (chrysin, DHEA, tongkat ali, maca root, and pine pollen among them). Have any of those worked for you? Or did something else boost your levels?

Again, looking for documented results. Thanks. 

See a doctor! My Doc had the test done.  Said yep you are low.  He prescribed a gel. There are several one underarm, mine on the inner thigh, others some wher else. DO NOT USE WITHIN SIX HOURS OF BEING INTIMATE. She doesn't need anymore testosterone.

Don't these Testosterone treatments have a side effect of raising your blood pressure?

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

Don't these Testosterone treatments have a side effect of raising your blood pressure?

Not according to Mayo Clinic, but, plenty of other possible side-effects:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/dhea/background/HRB-20059173

Men may experience breast tenderness, urinary urgency, aggression, or reduced size of the testes. Other side effects that may occur in either sex include acne, sleep problems, headache, nausea, skin itching, and mood changes. DHEA may also affect levels of other hormones, insulin, and cholesterol. Safety information is lacking on the long-term effects of DHEA. DHEA may increase the risk of prostate, breast, and ovarian cancers. It is not suggested for regular use without a health professional's care.

1 hour ago, pointymoustache said:

See a doctor! My Doc had the test done.  Said yep you are low.  He prescribed a gel.

This! As stated by Mayo, side effects of supplements/OTC "cures" can cause some adverse results. Additionally, god knows where the supplement is coming from, purity, actual dosage, efficacy, etc. Since these products are not FDA tested and approved, good chance will get something that does not work (wasted money) and if does work, can make other situations worse.

Also, root cause might be some other issue, which  a doctor probably needs to address.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

I worked in Boulder for 20 years :rolleyes: Essential oil remedies.

105tkkx.png

5md4bl.png

Edited by fishndude57

On 7/20/2017 at 9:39 PM, Don John said:

My research on behalf of my friend suggests that steps like losing 15 pounds or so, avoiding wanking, lifting heavy weights, following a Paleo diet, not drinking alcohol, and long cold baths help. I'm sure they do. Not sure my lazy and sensualist friend will follow on that course, though.

There are a ton of supplements out there that have testimonials and even some supposed research to support their claims (chrysin, DHEA, tongkat ali, maca root, and pine pollen among them). Have any of those worked for you? Or did something else boost your levels?

Again, looking for documented results. Thanks. 

I follow a "high T lifestyle," which works great, but unfortunately for your friend, it includes losing weight, lifting weights, cardio exercising, minimizing alcohol, eating the right food, and taking various vitamins and minerals, but not supplements. Also, your friend has it backwards: more sex, not less, promotes high T.

The dual advantage is that not only does the T count go up, but the stamina to enjoy it increases as well.

These results are well documented.

Did I mention that more sex increases testosterone production?

Thanks, BadBoy! Given the alternatives, looks as if my pal should just hit the gym, clean up his lifestyle and lay off the booze. Not bad ideas, anyway, no matter what the effect on the T levels may be.

And, yeah, more sex.

Not a bad program at all.

28 minutes ago, Don John said:

Thanks, BadBoy! Given the alternatives, looks as if my pal should just hit the gym, clean up his lifestyle and lay off the booze. Not bad ideas, anyway, no matter what the effect on the T levels may be.

And, yeah, more sex.

Not a bad program at all.

He is very lucky to have a friend like you who will do all of this research for him. maybe he will buy you a nice bottle hooch. :D

As a 40-year booze hound, I found that laying off the booze (not entirely, but significantly) has lots of positive effects, especially if your liver was crying "help."

On 7/22/2017 at 10:26 PM, BadBoy said:

I follow a "high T lifestyle," which works great, but unfortunately for your friend, it includes losing weight, lifting weights, cardio exercising, minimizing alcohol, eating the right food, and taking various vitamins and minerals, but not supplements. Also, your friend has it backwards: more sex, not less, promotes high T.

The dual advantage is that not only does the T count go up, but the stamina to enjoy it increases as well.

These results are well documented.

Did I mention that more sex increases testosterone production?

Hey, could you be so kind as to share a little more on this? What does your workout routine look like and what does this diet consist of?

looking to improve myself and am defiantly intrigued

I actually put together a lifestyle based upon a lot of research (as modified to suit my proclivities, addictions, preferences and perversions), most of which was online, and you should probably do the same.  Beware of ads for supplements - to the extent that they are productive, it is simply because they have vitamins E and D, some ginsing, some fenugreek, and some zinc.  Those should be taken individually for a much lower cost and greater dosage and potency.  Here is a good starting point, but I would add that they do not all recommend Fenugreek, which is definitely a must-do, or Gensing, which I have been taking daily for nearly 40 years and provides for lots of other great benefits.  Research confirms that heavy resistance weight training is very important, and since I started it about three years ago, I can confirm that it really can reverse the aging process by years (in old flabby men, definitely, possibly for everyone).

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/07/27/increase-testosterone-levels.aspx

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/eat-up-to-man-up

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/01/18/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/

Oh yeah, and something most studies agree upon:  Sexual activity boosts testosterone production (in men), provided all other factors for high-T are "go" (see previous post).  This is a really great benefit since the more sex you have, the more testosterone you have, which makes you horny, which leads to more sex, which creates more testosterone.... You get the idea. 

In one study I read, in (literally) a footnote, it was noted that it did not matter whether the sex was with a partner or by masturbation, both forms of sexual activity boosted testosterone production.  This is indeed heart-warming and encouraging news.

Edited by BadBoy
Felt like it

Thanks a lot, will use your advice as a jump off point. Just started hitting the gym again, been focused on cardio mostly but will start working in weights. Thanks for the help