fishndude57

I’m Even More Stoopid than I Thought…

16 posts in this topic

...In an attempt to lighten up the mood a little around here...

...I’m outta Chili Verde so decided to bite the bullet and make another batch. It’s a 2 day process. 16qt vat full, I’ll freeze a lot. All chopping done by hand even tho I have several processors. 4 big ass white onions, 3 minced heads of garlic, 15 tomatillos, 6lbs Pozole pork meat, 3lbs diced pork stew meat, 22 cups chicken broth (I never use water), 39 roasted Hatch chilies and 6 roasted jalapenos. Browning and sautéing started, mix the chopped peppers together by hand. Get it simmering good for its 9 hours I always give it. Jump in the shower, damn the shampoos burning my eyes today, reach down and hand wash my peter and marbles, that was at 10:00am, fuck I’m still in misery. Note to self: Self, there’s a reason why you say wear gloves when handling HOT PEPPERS! I think I better stay off the roads today. What a dummass, this shits gonna be nuclear tho…

Geez Dude...put Mr Woogie in milk😂

Omg this sounds like when I tried that warming lube for the first time 😬🔥 Took a bag of ice and me laying spread eagle in front of the fan for a couple hours for the burn to finally subside. Needless to say I will NOT be trying that again 👎🙅🏼 

Edited by Cali Rose

Oh no! 
I watched my friend cooking and then get pepper residue in his eye. It was a lot of screaming and us pouring milk on to his face. His eye was swollen for about a week. Needless to say, he learned his lesson and only cooks with prep gloves on. 

6 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

...I’m outta Chili Verde so decided to bite the bullet and make another batch. It’s a 2 day process. 16qt vat full, I’ll freeze a lot. All chopping done by hand even tho I have several processors. 4 big ass white onions, 3 minced heads of garlic, 15 tomatillos, 6lbs Pozole pork meat, 3lbs diced pork stew meat, 22 cups chicken broth (I never use water), 39 roasted Hatch chilies and 6 roasted jalapenos. Browning and sautéing started, mix the chopped peppers together by hand. Get it simmering good for its 9 hours I always give it. Jump in the shower, damn the shampoos burning my eyes today, reach down and hand wash my peter and marbles, that was at 10:00am, fuck I’m still in misery. Note to self: Self, there’s a reason why you say wear gloves when handling HOT PEPPERS! I think I better stay off the roads today. What a dummass, this shits gonna be nuclear tho…

Fishndude, someone needs to say it.  So I will.  You brought deserved tragedy upon yourself by using those stanky Hatch chilis.  Come south and get some real chilis.  Pueblo chilis.  :lol:

6 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Note to self: Self, there’s a reason why you say wear gloves when handling HOT PEPPERS! 

I feel for ya, hope yer doin better, but ya made me laugh old son! 

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Fishndude, someone needs to say it.  So I will.  You brought deserved tragedy upon yourself by using those stanky Hatch chilis.  Come south and get some real chilis.  Pueblo chilis.  :lol:

Yeah yeah, my daddy was a Pueblo native. His parents didn't want kids so they put them all in the orphanage there. The only thing Pueblo holds for me are walleyes, SMB, wipers, and the summer bikini hatch. The batch came out deadly, cooked it long enough to take the edge off without losing the flavor. Yummmm.

7 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Thank you, sir. I'm probably going to tone down the spice a little but appreciate the recipe, nevertheless. 

2 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Glad someone said it, hatch chile is terrible! But you don't have to go all the way to Pueblo when there is great chile at the farms in Brighton. A little early yet though.

Hate to be that guy, but Owl, you are from Pueblo and don't know how to spell chile? Chili is from Texas, has beans in it, is good on a cold day, and goes on hot dogs. Chile is what you make into green or red chile and goes on burritos, tostadas, in a bowl with some cheese and a tortilla, or really makes eggs sing.

And next time Fish, sounds weird but use Vaseline. The acid will attack the oils in the Vaseline and not your hands (or your winky).

Dang, now I am hungry. I know what's for dinner tomorrow!

1 hour ago, AnthointheAM said:

Glad someone said it, hatch chile is terrible! But you don't have to go all the way to Pueblo when there is great chile at the farms in Brighton. A little early yet though.

Hate to be that guy, but Owl, you are from Pueblo and don't know how to spell chile? Chili is from Texas, has beans in it, is good on a cold day, and goes on hot dogs. Chile is what you make into green or red chile and goes on burritos, tostadas, in a bowl with some cheese and a tortilla, or really makes eggs sing.

And next time Fish, sounds weird but use Vaseline. The acid will attack the oils in the Vaseline and not your hands (or your winky).

I'm gonna throw down on some tamales this evening. Mines chili cause I like kidney beans instead of frijoles. Eggs, fish, plain, heck don't matter, I nailed this batch. 

5 hours ago, AnthointheAM said:

Nope.  Not from Pueblo.  Conduct "business" there often, but do not live there and have no dog in fight.  Just know the Pueblo strain tastes waaaaaay better than Hatch.  Oh, l and EITHER spelling is correct. ;) 

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Oh, l and EITHER spelling is correct. ;) 

Yes, but "pepper" is not correct 😱

Chili (chilli or chile) are a New World plant.

Peppers are from India & S.E. Asia. They are not even in the same botanical Order.

Yet another of Columbus' mistakes and why that chain of islands in the Caribbean is called the West Indies  

Fishndude, keep on cookin' 😄

17 hours ago, Laci French said:

Geez Dude...put Mr Woogie in milk😂

Lmfao!!!! Woggie hahahahahaha!

Fish, I'm so sorry! If you need spice in your life, there's better ways to go about it my friend. 

2 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Nope.  Not from Pueblo.  Conduct "business" there often, but do not live there and have no dog in fight.  Just know the Pueblo strain tastes waaaaaay better than Hatch.  Oh, l and EITHER spelling is correct. ;) 

Not a fight, just a discussion! We can agree to disagree on spelling. Had to be an article on it so here you go from a chile professor at a chile institute (who knew such a thing existed) http://articles.latimes.com/2000/nov/19/local/me-54396. My roots come through NM, so kind of like a religious discussion with me.

We can still agree to agree about hatch nasty chiles and better CO chiles.

Now Fish, you want a great breakfast, top that tamale with a couple of eggs and some NM style red chile and serve with a homemade tortilla. Dang, hungry again!

It only continues. All these years of making Margo's. Just tonight I figured out that the yellow hat part of a salt dish is a juicer. Jeez, to my self again I say, "Self, how can somebody so smart, be so friggin stoopid"?