Cali Rose

Best Exercise Program

56 posts in this topic

Ok this question is mostly for the ladies, but fellas your opinion is appreciated too 😘 But what exercise program have you had the most success with and would recommend? I'm currently participating in the 60 day Insanity conditioning program by Shaun T and it's kicking my butt, literally but I've never felt bettter. I still have a few weeks left in the program but I'm looking for something to follow up after I'm done and wanted to hear all of your lovely opinions 🙃😘 

My ex found reverse cowgirl a good way to firm up and burn calories.    (seriously )

3 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

My ex found reverse cowgirl a good way to firm up and burn calories.    (seriously )

It is a awesome workout for the glutes! 😉

20 minutes ago, Cali Rose said:

Ok this question is mostly for the ladies, but fellas your opinion is appreciated too 😘 But what exercise program have you had the most success with and would recommend? I'm currently participating in the 60 day Insanity conditioning program by Shaun T and it's kicking my butt, literally but I've never felt bettter. I still have a few weeks left in the program but I'm looking for something to follow up after I'm done and wanted to hear all of your lovely opinions 🙃😘 

In my opinion, you have the best workout routine on the market today. I have not returned to Insanity in quite a while, so I'm slipping back into my pudgy self.

but...

when I started Insanity I was a wad of cookie dough at 5'9 175 pounds. I got shin splints two weeks in and had to take two weeks off to recover (I tried doing the workout in just socks, no tennis shoes. Bad mistake). When I started again I finished it to completion and weighed 152lbs. After I stopped I continued to lose weight for some reason dropping down to my lowest since high school at 148 lbs. It absolutely shredded the shit out of my body. My recommendation is stick with the program if you can do the exercises everyday and eat according to the plan.

I think you will be very impressed by the end

Good luck. 

12 minutes ago, Vassago said:

In my opinion, you have the best workout routine on the market today. I have not returned to Insanity in quite a while, so I'm slipping back into my pudgy self.

but...

when I started Insanity I was a wad of cookie dough at 5'9 175 pounds. I got shin splints two weeks in and had to take two weeks off to recover (I tried doing the workout in just socks, no tennis shoes. Bad mistake). When I started again I finished it to completion and weighed 152lbs. After I stopped I continued to lose weight for some reason dropping down to my lowest since high school at 148 lbs. It absolutely shredded the shit out of my body. My recommendation is stick with the program if you can do the exercises everyday and eat according to the plan.

I think you will be very impressed by the end

Good luck. 

Thank you Vassago 🙃 I've had very good luck with it so far, not so much with the scale but I've been losing inches like crazy. I started doing it barefoot also because my shoes kept getting caught on the carpet but I bought a large mat from Beachbody and it's been easier for me to do it with my shoes on now. I'm thinking about following it up with Insanity Max 30 or Insanity Asylum but I might not survive those programs 😱😂 But thank you again for your advice and I'll definitely stick it out 

11 minutes ago, Cali Rose said:

Thank you Vassago 🙃 I've had very good luck with it so far, not so much with the scale but I've been losing inches like crazy. I started doing it barefoot also because my shoes kept getting caught on the carpet but I bought a large mat from Beachbody and it's been easier for me to do it with my shoes on now. I'm thinking about following it up with Insanity Max 30 or Insanity Asylum but I might not survive those programs 😱😂 But thank you again for your advice and I'll definitely stick it out 

Check your pm. 

Just now, Vassago said:

Check your pm. 

I did and thanks for the advice 😘

I will always always recommend sex water therapy. (Well actually just water excersise in general) .. The success rate is guaranteed ;) lol

9 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

I will always always recommend sex water therapy. (Well actually just water excersise in general) .. The success rate is guaranteed ;) lol

That sounds like fun 😘 I love swimming 🏊 

Edited by Cali Rose

3 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

It is a awesome workout for the glutes! 😉

.......allegedly its fun too !!

It really all depends on what you want the results to be, ex: long lean muscle, soft toning, intense toning in a specific place, etc. 
Feel free to PM me if you have questions. 
Results based exercise in this manner has always been my jam, instead of giving myself a weight goal. I also meal prep every week so I can keep my food intake clean or cleaner than I would be with a busy lifestyle. 

I have an old elliptical machine. I am getting more active again with it. While not in use by me, clients often use it to hang  their clothes on while we do activities together. Multipurpose machine I tell yay! My vision is not the greatest. I used to jog quite a bit now I do this machine. It also works my arms too. Probably not as great as your insanity workout. Just more practical for my own personal needs. Nobody needs to worry about me jogging into a tree and I save on embarrassing situations (my eyes)! I am on it almost everyday too. At least I give it a great effort! Half hour hard! 

Cali🌹

Mental/physical/emotional...yes it all works together! 😍😍

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

One of the things I saw repetitively when looking up heart healthy ways to exercise without strain, or things great for back pain was walking. I started at about 10 min, then 15, and now I walk about 5K per day which takes about an hour or more to do(it varies depending on my day and how much I push myself). I try to walk outdoors to get the varied uphills and downhills, but you can set these on a treadmill as well. This does great for me even if it isn't making me lose anything, I am still keeping muscle mass, and keeping my back and heart healthy. Personally, walking is very soothing and meditative for me. I love it!

Also, as us women get older, we lose muscle mass so I have been trying to be more consistent with weights. I can bulk up quickly so I am keeping the number low and making sure I have resistent to get the affect that I am looking for.

I have a good number to lose so it will be slow going. I can't do anything strenuous like the insanity due to my chronic back issues so I wish you luck there aka kick A$$. I am jealous! :)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Edited by SultryKitten

22 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

One of the things I saw repetitively when looking up heart healthy ways to exercise without strain, or things great for back pain was walking. ...

Also, as us women get older, we lose muscle mass so I have been trying to be more consistent with weights. I can bulk up quickly so I am keeping the number low and making sure I have resistent to get the affect that I am looking for.

Walking is a great exercise. It can be low impact, but I have drop foot so ...

Yes, women need weight bearing exercise to retain bone mass. We all lose muscle mass as we age. 

If you want to bulk up, high weight & low (6-8) reps. If you just want fitness w/o looking like a 25yo Schwarzenegger, then use low weight & high(15-20) reps. In both cases, rep to failure. 

5 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Nothing like clean sex :)

8 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

As an added note, if you keep doing Insanity, you're going to lose curvature. I never went to Asylum. However, you might consider subscribing to Beachbody's streaming option. It's a set price at (I can't remember what) but you have access to every Beachbody workout available. P90x, PiYo, Brazilian Butt Lift,  Body Beast... all of it. The good thing about Insanity, though  is that it is body weight resistant exclusive, so very little extra gear required and you can do that workout forever. ... it just gets boring after a while.

I've been doing a LOT of squats and butt exercises to keep my butt nice and big 😘 I'm going to have to start going to gym and lifting weights but ideally I'd like to have the Lyzabeth Lopez type body 💪

31 minutes ago, Vassago said:

As an added note, if you keep doing Insanity, you're going to lose curvature. I never went to Asylum. However, you might consider subscribing to Beachbody's streaming option. It's a set price at (I can't remember what) but you have access to every Beachbody workout available. P90x, PiYo, Brazilian Butt Lift,  Body Beast... all of it. The good thing about Insanity, though  is that it is body weight resistant exclusive, so very little extra gear required and you can do that workout forever. ... it just gets boring after a while.

Aw yes Beachbody on demand. It's $100 a year and I can stream it right from my Amazon Firestick 😊

5 hours ago, HollyMarie said:

It really all depends on what you want the results to be, ex: long lean muscle, soft toning, intense toning in a specific place, etc. 
Feel free to PM me if you have questions. 
Results based exercise in this manner has always been my jam, instead of giving myself a weight goal. I also meal prep every week so I can keep my food intake clean or cleaner than I would be with a busy lifestyle. 

IMG_4336.PNGI want to look like this 👅 Lol but in all seriousness, this is Lyzabeth Lopez, a fitness model I follow on IG and love her body and beautiful curves. She does a lot of weight training so I'm trying to get stronger and start building my muscles. I like the strong athletic look, but not the bulky body builder look. I still want to have a softness to my body, but be super toned. 😊💪

1 minute ago, Cali Rose said:

in all seriousness, this is Lyzabeth Lopez, a fitness model I follow on IG and love her body and beautiful curves. She does a lot of weight training so I'm trying to get stronger and start building my muscles. I like the strong athletic look, but not the bulky body builder look. I still want to have a softness to my body, but be super toned. 😊💪

That's a totally achievable goal. I follow Hiedi Summers, she has an awesome fitness story and she posts all the time about workouts and what she meal preps. 
In our line of work we move around so much, I try to plan meals for fuel. That way I can work all day and still take care of home without feeling like death by 9 pm. Weight training is so vital to a sustainable body, one that won't bounce back if you have a donut or fatty foods. Meal prepping will save you so much time on meals, plus I get a chance to really evaluate what I'm eating and how much. This week I prepped baked salmon, baked chicken tenderloin strips, and baked bell pepper slices. I just mix and match to make a meal. Tonight for dinner I made a wrap with salmon, bell peppers, romaine, tomato and lemon vinaigrette. 

Just now, HollyMarie said:

That's a totally achievable goal. I follow Hiedi Summers, she has an awesome fitness story and she posts all the time about workouts and what she meal preps. 
In our line of work we move around so much, I try to plan meals for fuel. That way I can work all day and still take care of home without feeling like death by 9 pm. Weight training is so vital to a sustainable body, one that won't bounce back if you have a donut or fatty foods. Meal prepping will save you so much time on meals, plus I get a chance to really evaluate what I'm eating and how much. This week I prepped baked salmon, baked chicken tenderloin strips, and baked bell pepper slices. I just mix and match to make a meal. Tonight for dinner I made a wrap with salmon, bell peppers, romaine, tomato and lemon vinaigrette. 

That's one thing I've been struggling with is my meals. I've been following the Elite Nutritional Guide that I got when I bought the Insanity and he suggests eating 5 to 6 small meals a day. I've heard a lot of people that use this method and they say it's the best way for your body to use the food for fuel instead of storing it for fat. I'm just on the go so much I get too busy to eat and find myself wanting to stop and grab something, which is something I'm trying to totally avoid. Processed foods are super yucky 😖 But that's really good advice Holly and something that I am definitely going to start doing! I've got a bunch of little Tupperware containers sitting around waiting to be used and now I know what I'm using them for. 😊

5 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

One of the things I saw repetitively when looking up heart healthy ways to exercise without strain, or things great for back pain was walking. I started at about 10 min, then 15, and now I walk about 5K per day which takes about an hour or more to do(it varies depending on my day and how much I push myself). I try to walk outdoors to get the varied uphills and downhills, but you can set these on a treadmill as well. This does great for me even if it isn't making me lose anything, I am still keeping muscle mass, and keeping my back and heart healthy. Personally, walking is very soothing and meditative for me. I love it!

I have a good number to lose so it will be slow going. I can't do anything strenuous like the insanity due to my chronic back issues so I wish you luck there aka kick A$$. I am jealous! :)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Hi Sam! 

I had strained my back and had pinched my  sciatic nerve and wasn't able to exercise for a long time and i started walking too along with clean eating and it helped me lose weight and helped my back out tremendously! I started walking a few miles a day and then it got up to 5k as well and some days I would just keep going (the most I did was 13 miles in one day). I agree walking is very soothing and helps calm my chaotic mind. I started doing some minor back workouts and stretches and it's help my back out a lot.   There are some excercises in the Insanity workout that I have to be careful and move slowly through so I don't hurt my back, but most of them are ok. But I still haven't started month 2 yet and from looking at them, I'm pretty intimidated! 

Thank you so much for the response and I hope things get better with your back :) 

Edited by Cali Rose

On 7/17/2017 at 9:12 PM, Cali Rose said:

blah, blah, blah....

just get butt and boob implants and you'll be halfway there. :cool:

28 minutes ago, Mr.Pink said:

just get butt and boob implants and you'll be halfway there. :cool:

Before you get breast implants know that you will have to get them replaced between 5-10years for the rest of your damn life.  

I ❤️ my boobies but that sucks and I'm going to have mine realigned, rotated & balanced here in a few months $10,000 price tag.😱

Bottom line is be happy with what the sweet lord gave ya!😘

3 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Before you get breast implants know that you will have to get them replaced between 5-10years for the rest of your damn life.  

I ❤️ my boobies but that sucks and I'm going to have mine realigned, rotated & balanced here in a few months $10,000 price tag.😱

Bottom line is be happy with what the sweet lord gave ya!😘

you need a sugar daddy. :D