Cali Rose

Best Exercise Program

56 posts in this topic

I need several 😂😂 It really does take an army.

funny story...years ago I had saline implants and one night we went bar hopping and crashed.  I woke with my right boob GONE😱 I woke my friend up and was asking "where's my right boob???"  His response was "turn around and let me see...it has to be around here somewhere."

33 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Before you get breast implants know that ...

Bottom line is be happy with what the sweet lord gave ya!😘

Know that ... there are plenty of us fellas (members of the IBTC*) who appreciate them just the way you are!

* Itty Bitty Titty Commitee

I like to paddle board it works everything at the same time. It gets you out into nature with water. The ducks and geese like to hang out with you too. 

3 minutes ago, Kandi Apple said:

I like to paddle board it works everything at the same time. It gets you out into nature with water. The ducks and geese like to hang out with you too. 

No sense of balance, while I do know how to swim, I'd probably need assistance getting back on the board. The boats enough exercise for me. I wouldn't mind trying it tho. 

On 7/17/2017 at 4:49 PM, SultryKitten said:

One of the things I saw repetitively when looking up heart healthy ways to exercise without strain, or things great for back pain was walking. I started at about 10 min, then 15, and now I walk about 5K per day which takes about an hour or more to do(it varies depending on my day and how much I push myself). I try to walk outdoors to get the varied uphills and downhills, but you can set these on a treadmill as well. This does great for me even if it isn't making me lose anything, I am still keeping muscle mass, and keeping my back and heart healthy. Personally, walking is very soothing and meditative for me. I love it!

Also, as us women get older, we lose muscle mass so I have been trying to be more consistent with weights. I can bulk up quickly so I am keeping the number low and making sure I have resistent to get the affect that I am looking for.

I have a good number to lose so it will be slow going. I can't do anything strenuous like the insanity due to my chronic back issues so I wish you luck there aka kick A$$. I am jealous! :)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Walking is great and essential for living well. A great addition to walking that takes off weight is rebounding.. Those small trampolines are low impact, aerobic, and work well. To avoid concussion risk, first, always check ceiling clearance, and second, remember to baton down the twins.

10 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

... remember to baton down the twins.

Are we conducting an orchestra, running a relay, or cheerleading?

'batten' down the hatches. 😜

Sorry, just couldn't resist. The image of attaching sticks to the twins was just ... 🙀

27 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Are we conducting an orchestra, running a relay, or cheerleading?

'batten' down the hatches. 😜

Sorry, just couldn't resist. The image of attaching sticks to the twins was just ... 🙀

Actually, despite the danger, I was enjoying the image of them flying about out of control as she bounced....

58 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Walking is great and essential for living well. A great addition to walking that takes off weight is rebounding.. Those small trampolines are low impact, aerobic, and work well. To avoid concussion risk, first, always check ceiling clearance, and second, remember to baton down the twins.

LOL! Duly noted.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, Admiral C said:

Actually, despite the danger, I was enjoying the image of them flying about out of control as she bounced....

Nothing wrong with that image. 

4 hours ago, Laci French said:

Before you get breast implants know that you will have to get them replaced between 5-10years for the rest of your damn life.  

I ❤️ my boobies but that sucks and I'm going to have mine realigned, rotated & balanced here in a few months $10,000 price tag.😱

Bottom line is be happy with what the sweet lord gave ya!😘

😱 Omg really??? Wow I had no idea you had to get them replaced I thought it was a lifetime deal 😕 

2 hours ago, Admiral C said:

50 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Nothing wrong with that image. 

Awwww y'all are making me blush :D☺️

5 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

just get butt and boob implants and you'll be halfway there. :cool:

Did that, didn't help. :mad:

On 7/17/2017 at 11:32 AM, Cali Rose said:

Ok this question is mostly for the ladies, but fellas your opinion is appreciated too 😘 But what exercise program have you had the most success with and would recommend? I'm currently participating in the 60 day Insanity conditioning program by Shaun T and it's kicking my butt, literally but I've never felt bettter. I still have a few weeks left in the program but I'm looking for something to follow up after I'm done and wanted to hear all of your lovely opinions 🙃😘 

I am not sure why you would need a specific exercise program to continue. I exercise about 4 to 5 days a week with a combination of things and do not use a specific program. 

1. everyday or close to it do the simple things such as core exercises, planks and squats and abdominal muscle toning and stretching.  Just vary the amount and the way you do those exercises.  There are a myriad of ways to do planks and squats some harder than the others but remember that you need to give your muscles some rest as with any exercise there is always some irritation of the muscles and they need time to heal.  push ups are also great.  as well as using a medicine ball or kettle balls.  You can find a lot of ways to do those core exercises on the internet.

2 do a variety of weight lifting but not every day.  The machines are not the way to really tone up all your muscles as they really only concentrate on one muscle group and with any use of the muscles in real life you use several at one time.  that is why the core muscles are important as they are the core and assist other muscles.  Try to use some free weights and some days work on the upper muscles and other  days on the lower muscles.  you don't have to lift to bulk up the muscles if you don't want to.  small wts. with a lot of reps will keep the muscles toned.

3.  cardio.  Try to do something cardiac wise daily or close to it.  Walking is ok, running not so much. The best is swimming and the second best is rowing believe it or not.  You should do about 20 to 30 minutes.  It is best to do this after you have lifted wts. as it has been shown to really increase calorie burn off.  It is also not really advised to go at a continuous speed.  for example is you are using the elliptical or treadmill or the rowing machine  do short periods where you go hard then slow down and then repeat the cycles such as one minute slow and the next minute much faster then back to the slow speed etc. and repeat.  Muscles have memory and the more they get used to some exercise or speed the less harder they work.  Also not really a good idea to overdo the time you spend on cardio unless you are training for some sort of endurance event.

So all in all you can do these things on your own and not spend money on some exercise program. Another good idea is to get a personal trainer for several visits to your local gym or their place.  They can give you some good pointers on what and how to do exercises that will suit your personal goals. 

Good Luck. THE MOST DIFFICULT THING ABOUT EXERCISING IS YOUR WILLINGNESS TO DO IT!

On 7/19/2017 at 9:02 PM, coolhand luke said:

Good Luck. THE MOST DIFFICULT THING ABOUT EXERCISING IS YOUR WILLINGNESS TO DO IT!

Exercising is easy, all it takes is hard work......

541f7533926717da6adbaf8812e88f3e.gif

17 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Exercising is easy, all it takes is hard work......

541f7533926717da6adbaf8812e88f3e.gif

Wow, this woman should get some sort of medal, maybe a Nobel Prize. :D

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, coolhand luke said:

THE MOST DIFFICULT THING ABOUT EXERCISING IS YOUR WILLINGNESS TO DO IT!

Agreed.  In my experience, the very best exercise program is the one you will stick to. 

So Cali, I found that walking up and down the hills, and dancing to Celtic/Scottish music at the Rennaisance Festival is great for exercise. I lost just two lbs doing that, and I made sure I increased my protein intake with a turkey leg. :D Just make sure you stay hydrated because you will sweat your ass off!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

7 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

So Cali, I found that walking up and down the hills, and dancing to Celtic/Scottish music at the Rennaisance Festival is great for exercise. I lost just two lbs doing that, and I made sure I increased my protein intake with a turkey leg. :D Just make sure you stay hydrated because you will sweat your ass off!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Wow that's sound like fun! Why didn't you invite me! :cool: lol

1 hour ago, Cali Rose said:

Wow that's sound like fun! Why didn't you invite me! :cool: lol

I would have, but it was a special "personal" day for me. This coming weekend is the last weekend they are open this year.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

18 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

I would have, but it was a special "personal" day for me. This coming weekend is the last weekend they are open this year.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I'll have to check it out ;) My parents went to one and said they had a blast! 

Do go. It's a blast. Be prepared for lots of: walking, people, entertainment (don't miss Celtic Legacy!), shopping, food, and of course traffic  jams both going & coming (sneak in the back way off of 105). 

As Samantha says, keep hydrated!

15 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Do go. It's a blast. Be prepared for lots of: walking, people, entertainment (don't miss Celtic Legacy!), shopping, food, and of course traffic  jams both going & coming (sneak in the back way off of 105). 

As Samantha says, keep hydrated!

Thank you I'm definitely going! :) 

On 7/17/2017 at 11:46 AM, Cali Rose said:

It is a awesome workout for the glutes! 😉

Duly noted! Lord knows my gluties need it.