mtnman2000

Lack of pricing

29 posts in this topic

I have been a long time member here for many reasons.  One of them being the ability to use the review section to search for ladies.  I'm sure there is a legal reason for not having pricing on reviews anymore but I want to state that it really is a big factor in not using TOB anymore.

Any chance that will make it's way back?

i doubt it will, it was a plus when trying to choose a lady, now you have to do extra work and making it more difficult.

Back page ad: Price A$

ECCIE ad: Price B$ > A$

TOB ad: Price C$ > A or B

P411 profile: Price D$ > all other prices.

When a provider has multiple price points scattered over multiple advertising venues, do I select the lowest price?  I don't want to appear cheap. Do I select the highest price?  I don't want to be a chump. 

Having the price paid show up in the review was very helpful....it let me know what others were paying for the ladies services.  

Post script.  Please don't ask me to report to P411 the ladies with higher prices there than anywhere else.  I can come up with a dozen ladies at the drop of a hat.  Along with not wanting to be a cheapskate or a chump, I don't want to be a rat-fink, either.

Edited by Yorick

Unified pricing makes sense, but I also know that going on tour changes prices, if they are using an incall space that is not theirs means overhead, if they are doing an outcall the pricing also changes. 
Rates being in the review is helpful if they only do incall and never travel or never use a space that doesn't belong to them. Chances are that is not the case, most providers travel or even share incall spaces or provide outcall. I've noticed in my past reviews these factors are not listed so a new client will read this review and not have an accurate gauge of rates. TER allows you to search by rates, but most of the time a provider has different ads on different platforms depending on the vibe/atmosphere of the space. Though I am independent now, I used to work for an agency and my rates were very different than they are now to cover the house fee and booking fee. Just a friendly reminder that the overhead costs to work for an agency or use space that we don't own means not all of the rate goes in our pockets. 

14 minutes ago, Yorick said:

When a provider has multiple price points scattered over multiple advertising venues, do I select the lowest price?  I don't want to appear cheap. Do I select the highest price?  I don't want to be a chump. 

Having the price paid show up in the review was very helpful....it let me know what others were paying for the ladies services.  

Post script.  Please don't ask me to report to P411 the ladies with higher prices there than anywhere else.  I can come up with a dozen ladies at the drop of a hat.  Along with not wanting to be a cheapskate or a chump, I don't want to be a rat-fink, either.

Hmm or you could just ask. Or if you want the cheapest price say I saw your ad on whatever site advertising this rate. There are also no more rates allowed on BP so thankfully that can be removed from the varying rates argument.

Different markets and different ad sites sometimes require different rates. Simply because it's against P411's rule doesn't make it bad. I think it would make you more of a rat-fink to turn ladies in and not understand why they do that. It's not uncommon for two different retailers to sell the same product at two different prices. I know of ladies who have started two different personas for different markets so no one can be a tattletale.

I think it's also worth noting that donations in reviews have often been inaccurate. It happens that dudes put the wrong amount in, sometimes it's just an accident sometimes it's a dude who wants to be an ass and sometimes it's because a provider wants to command a certain rate but can't get it unless it's in a review. I've seen clients post reviews with grandfathered rates leading people to believe that they too can get the same rate even though it's not posted. I just don't think it's reliable.

From a safety standpoint I appreciate it. We're still on thin ice but removing the donation makes them look less like glaring admissions of guilt.

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

If a provider is advertising at a certain rate(the cheap one), and reviews don't list rate paid why would you feel cheap; and by the same token, if you pay the higher rate why would you feel like a chump? No one but the participants know what you paid.

If it were me, and who hasn't been confronted with multiple tier rate structures, I would go prepared to pay the higher rate, without fear of chump-ness.

Reason being: normally the variation is usually in the neighborhood of 50-100. That's not really a deal breaker. At any rate(literally), if we both leave happy there's no need for cheap or chump.

For what it's worth - if I can't fnd a rate on he website, P411 or somewhere else I don't even try to contact her.  I don't want to gaggle and most providers now say that they will NOT discuss services or rates on the phone or in texts or email. So-o-o If it ain't posted I move on.

I find it on the, often when confirming the appointment there is some clarification.

If you find multiple rates, pick one and let her know the source of your call. 

If there is a question, or I can't find a rate, I will ask, "And your rate for an hour of your time is?"  Services are NOT mentioned in the phone call. If I don't know what services to expect, I don't make the call. 

3 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Different markets and different ad sites sometimes require different rates. Simply because it's against P411's rule doesn't make it bad. I think it would make you more of a rat-fink to turn ladies in and not understand why they do that. It's not uncommon for two different retailers to sell the same product at two different prices. I know of ladies who have started two different personas for different markets so no one can be a tattletale.

Good post. Helpful to a point.

First, know that I would not complain to P411 whether I understood or not. I'm not that guy. I know you ladies are just tryin' to get by like everyone else.

But, I do NOT understand.  Can you please help me?  I know that every rule has an exception, but I have been led to believe that P411 gents as a group are generally more dependable, polite, clean, know the rules, and are (at least partially) prescreened.  These would seem to be your best potential clients.  Why would you penalize them by charging them more?

Is my assumption incorrect? Do P411 clients require more effort as a rule?  Are they more dangerous or unpleasant? If so, I can understand the higher cost.

I just want to understand.  Thank you for getting me as far as you have, and thanks in advance if you take me farther.

Think I'll just pass on this subject. It won't end well. For anyone. :cool:

38 minutes ago, Yorick said:

First, know that I would not complain to P411 whether I understood or not. I'm not that guy. I know you ladies are just tryin' to get by like everyone else.

But, I do NOT understand.  Can you please help me?  I know that every rule has an exception, but I have been led to believe that P411 gents as a group are generally more dependable, polite, clean, know the rules, and are (at least partially) prescreened.  These would seem to be your best potential clients.  Why would you penalize them by charging them more?

1) Because it makes good sense to charge what the market will bear. P411 clients probably can afford slightly higher price points. 

2) Many P411 providers offer discounts to P411 clients because they are easier to screen and more likely to be gentlemen. Often this discount brings their price point closer to general market rates. 

I look at the review. I like what I read. I decide to book. I find her most recent ad, and rate, on TOB, or P411,  or wherever. I don't find it difficult at all. :)

14 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

1) Because it makes good sense to charge what the market will bear. P411 clients probably can afford slightly higher price points. 

"From each according to their abilities, to each according to their needs"  Well, at least I understand, now.  Thanks.

You know, when confronted with a firm price, and then provided outstanding service, I frequently pay more anyway.  Tipping is a nice way to say thank you. But it is more enjoyable if it is my idea.

Was not trying to spoil anyone's evening. Was truly curious. My apologies if I have ruffled feathers.

30 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

8 minutes ago, Yorick said:

"From each according to their abilities, to each according to their needs"  Well, at least I understand, now.  Thanks.

I was not trying to spout a Marxist mantra, just pointing out that the P411 crowd is a different market than the BP crowd. Basic economics instructs the ladies to maximize their profits by moving to the higher S/D curve. 

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

Is my assumption incorrect? Do P411 clients require more effort as a rule?  Are they more dangerous or unpleasant? If so, I can understand the higher cost.

I just want to understand.  Thank you for getting me as far as you have, and thanks in advance if you take me farther.

Best potential clients are literally everywhere and horrible potential clients are literally everywhere. From purely just a business perspective if you are able to pay the fee to a site like P411 you are likely able to pay a little bit more. Since P411 is international and different markets have different rates it's better to be towards the high end of average. It's really nothing more than a business decision. It's not a penalty for anyone, it's just strategy. You know what else is kind of weird for every guy that thinks a rate is too high there is a guy that thinks a rate is too low. Lower rates chase away good potential clients because they think you must be scary or gross.

Someone wisely mentioned touring and how that affects rates, think of these advertising site like actual locations. BP is like Vegas, while there are some gems there is a lot of trash to wade through, P411 although not really advertising in the same sense is like Chicago bigger busier and more expensive. Eros is the NYC there is no rate too high for Eros. Higher rates on advertising sites help keep it "classy and upscale".

Edited by Lucy Kitten
spelling

Thanks Lucy.  That more detailed explaination really does help.  

22 minutes ago, Yorick said:

You know, when confronted with a firm price, and then provided outstanding service, I frequently pay more anyway.  Tipping is a nice way to say thank you. But it is more enjoyable if it is my idea.

Was not trying to spoil anyone's evening. Was truly curious. My apologies if I have ruffled feathers.

Quoting Marxist theory to claim understanding of a free market, supply and demand statement is one of the more bizarre exchanges I have heard.  And neither really describes this biz - the Marxist thing not even remotely close.  But a good laugh.

But as to the original post, I am good with no $ mention in the reviews for two reasons.  Ladies sometimes offer actual specials and one review that quotes that rate can create expectations in the mind of every guy that reads it, and thus discourages specials.  Not good.  Besides, I prefer to simply ask/verify hour rate for time as the last thing before confirming time and day.  Or if rate is consistent and clear in ads, profiles, etc. who needs reviewer to tell me her rate - rather she did.

I don't find it that simple to find a rate.  Those ladies that do have a P411 account usually post it.  But those that don't, well I can't find the price unless I ask her.  Asking what a person's price is a pain in the ass.  You leave a message, maybe get called back, maybe not.  Let's say your price point is $300, and she wants $350 or more, it's uncomfortable to say sorry, that $50 just breaks me.

I have never called a girl who didn't have a price posted. When I call I mention the ad I'm calling about if I've seen her in more than one place. Simple.

4 minutes ago, Bigguy said:

I have never called a girl who didn't have a price posted. When I call I mention the ad I'm calling about if I've seen her in more than one place. Simple.

Image result for applause gif

On 7/28/2017 at 8:54 PM, pfunk said:

Image result for applause gif

I for one am starting to feel bad for this dead horse.

Please stop beating it!:eek:

On 17.7.2017 at 10:45 PM, Yorick said:

When a provider has multiple price points scattered over multiple advertising venues...

This.

Provider pussy works the same way airlines sell their seats. You paid $150, the guy sitting next to you paid $300.

I remember back in the days, you called up a girl, the first thing she would often say was: where did you see my ad? If you said: "I saw your ad in the Bumfuck Gazette, rates would be like $200. If you said: "in Town and Country", suddenly it was $350

No idea how that snatch suddenly almost double in price. Maybe the Town and Country pussy spits out diamonds or something.;)

Why is this such a big deal all the time?  If it is not clear, then simply ask, "And how much is the consideration for an hour of your time and companionship?"

Done, finished, end of issue.  You can ask ahead of time, or bring extra to the appointment and ask then.

Never been a problem, why make it a problem?

Re: backing out of phone call when a larger than expected rate quote is provided: come up with a lame excuse along the lines of "Super! I need to re-arrange my schedule a bit, I'l call you back once I get my meeting(s) moved". Provider will see right through it, but provides a way to save some face.

Awww, jeeze, why do you guys make it so hard?  Honesty is the best policy - forget about "saving face."  If you were expecting $300 and she says "$400," don't give her a BS excuse - there is no win there.  If you say simply, "ah, hell, all I got is $300 and I really wanted to meet you this afternoon at 2:00 p.m.,  I guess I'll call back some time in the future," you are giving her an opportunity to reply with "Hey, lucky you, I am running a special today only - $300."  If you hum and haw, you never give her that opportunity.

1 hour ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Re: backing out of phone call when a larger than expected rate quote is provided: come up with a lame excuse along the lines of "Super! I need to re-arrange my schedule a bit, I'l call you back once I get my meeting(s) moved". Provider will see right through it, but provides a way to save some face.

What's wrong with a polite, "Sorry, that exceeds my budget. Thank you."  End of conversation. 

5 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

What's wrong with a polite, "Sorry, that exceeds my budget. Thank you."  End of conversation. 

Nothing's wrong with that. Also, plan for the highest price you saw. Be happy when you show up and it's lower.