Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrReindeer-9515

Sad day in Geek-land

13 posts in this topic

Today we mourn the loss of:

George Romero,

Martin Landau.

Although, at least in Romero's case, someone better keep an eye on him...

We all owe a death....the energy of life exiting our worn out husk. Energy, like matter can be neither created nor destroyed, only changed. I celebrate the transition of the brilliant to...wherever, whatever.

Still a huge fan of Space 1999, and Night of the Living Dead.

Still a huge fan of Martin Landau. He was great as Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood,even won the Oscar for his performance. Of course ,his years on the "Mission:Impossible" tv show were classic.

George Romero ... I remember Martin, and Night of the Living Dead. Still have the VHS tapes, covered in dust. My voicemail used to be a recording of "I'm running this monkey farm, Frankenstein!..." from Day of the Dead. Tom Savivini and George Romero deeply romanticized horror films for me. My heart saddens, but I salute the hero who created the entire zombie subculture. Life has a way of swallowing up all of my role models.

Requiesce in pace, mo chara. 

And thank you Reindeer, for the post. 

Land of the Dead - I think more poignant today than ever!  And Space:1999 - that was my Saturday staple!  I applaud Dr Who for having the wherewithal to have a woman kick butt.  One step forward with two steps back...

17 hours ago, Admiral C said:

We all owe a death....the energy of life exiting our worn out husk. Energy, like matter can be neither created nor destroyed, only changed. I celebrate the transition of the brilliant to...wherever, whatever.

Beautiful

19 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

When I saw the thread title, was expecting a rant re: Doctor Who.

I know, right?

Actually, always hated Dr Who; but I totally applaud the choice.

In re the OP: Romero made a point of inserting social commentary into his films, while I'm sure it was annoying to some, I always enjoyed it.

While I watched Space 1999 and had at least a fair amount of the ancillary merchandise, it was never my favorite(Sci-Fi at any cost, right?). Loved him as Rollin Hand on Mission Impossible though.

Dang! We are getting old!

RIP, you two!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

3 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

Dang! We are getting old!

RIP, you two!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

🤔 I think I said that to myself the first time I heard my say "...probably some damn teenagers..." Or when I passed ages where they say athletes are so old, like 38 oh the horror. 😀

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/entertainment/actor-martin-landau-dies/index.html

Love even today I love old Mission Impossible shows!!! You can't miss a moment or you will miss the whole thing!!!

Creeper shows from back in 80's is what I remember enjoying from George Romeno

yes Samantha I am feeling it!