Lucylucyloveland

ID Rant

131 posts in this topic

Ok I have to rant here for a second. I can't understand how some potential clients get so weird about sharing their id with me. I am the one who is inviting you into my home! I am the one who is a verified provider already! I have no reason to use your info against you, I just want to feel safe. It is incredibly annoying to go through the process of asking the same questions over and over again with each new potential client only for them to say they feel uncomfortable with giving me such basic information. Why are guys so weird about this? I have more to lose than they do. I could tarnish my name very easily if I were to use their information in any way other than just as verification. I don't know am I missing something here?

When you do an outcall do you send the client a picture of your ID?

Your methods are your methods, I won't say they're right or wrong, I just find it hard to believe you're blown away when someone won't comply.  

Just move on to the next client who will.

49 minutes ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

Ok I have to rant here for a second. I can't understand how some potential clients get so weird about sharing their id with me. I am the one who is inviting you into my home! I 

Interesting rant. I have NEVER had anyone ask for my ID.   Have to agree with  Keyser. Do you show identification on an outcall  when asked?  In my humble opinion you don't have to because you show your face online.

It was hard when I first started TOB as I had no references. I didn't mind sending personal ID's to get started. Now, I do  have references so it is much easier, especially on my P-411 acct.

Not that it will make things easier re: guys who don't read and follow complete ad, but, probably should change the P411 or references section in your ads to also mention that you will need to see id.

1 hour ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

Why are guys so weird about this? I have more to lose than they do.

Don't think that line of reasoning will win clients over. And clients might think the opposite for various reasons.

Tons of threads on the board, a dead horse topic in that it will not win one side or other over. As Keyser said, just move on, downside of the scheduling process for providers.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

I have yet to be asked for my ID as well. Then again, I have yet to be asked to supply references. I did fill out completely one Ladies web site screening request in detail. I have nooo idea if she contacted any of my refs. I read what information these Ladies need. If it's too much then I simply pass. I understand the OP's rant myself. If you don't like their screening, move on. Especially with all the recent threads on impolite, cheap, rude clients. On occasion I'm privy to screen shots of texts, emails, etc. I'm glad I'm on the client side and feel for the crap these Ladies go through. Then again I'm old school and say please, thank you, yes not yeah, ma'am (I've been reprimanded for that one tho), sir. Again I also read all the ad copy, and web sites of those I choose to try and see. Still only 2 td's, and that was my very 1st attempt as a newbie.

Way too many times guys have been burned big time by giving out their RWI or hosting at their home.  Sure, you're probably not going to do that.  But there are so many other providers that will lie, rob, cheat or rat out a guy or retaliate disproportionately when she gets a bad review that it is never worth the risk.  It is why I have P411 and a dedicated hobby phone and if that isn't good enough for a provider there are plenty of others I can see.

1 hour ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

. I can't understand how some potential clients get so weird about sharing their id with me. 

A variety of reasons, including numerous tales about how some providers abuse the knowledge of personal information and create hell for a client(s).  I am pretty sure it is a very small percentage, at least among p411 and reviewed ladies that pull crazy shit.  Some will feel comfortable with the odds, some don't.  And some also have plenty to lose as well - family, employment, serious money if arrested (John school law) etc.

You need to do whatever it takes for you to feel safe.  But does the id requirement also apply for clients that have reviews, are p411 with ok's there and references here??  Or just unknowns from ad generated calls?  If the former, then don't you know more about me than I do about you - or are you volunteering your ID? ;)

So, bottom line I think your id requirement is either perfectly undertandable with total unknowns with no references or beyond necessary if they are p411 or similar, multiple ok's etc. So depends on the available info.  IMHO  But back to you need to do whatever  to make YOU feel safe.  Only you can say where to draw the line.

Do you ask for Id from p411 gentlemen and ones that have solid references?

There has been one time I have shown a photo ID at the beginning of an appointment. It was by prior arrangement and a quid quo pro because I insisted on seeing her ID. She claimed that it was the month of her 18th birthday. I wanted to verify that was indeed 18. 

24 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

There has been one time I have shown a photo ID at the beginning of an appointment. It was by prior arrangement and a quid quo pro because I insisted on seeing her ID. She claimed that it was the month of her 18th birthday. I wanted to verify that was indeed 18. 

Good call !!!     

6 hours ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

I have more to lose than they do.

If you show me your's, I'll show you mine. ; - )

Trust goes both ways, yes? We both have much to lose and maybe I have more to than you? That is probably in the eye of the beholder.

I think "Mutually Assured Discretion" might be an applicable theory?

4 hours ago, Laci French said:

Do you ask for Id from p411 gentlemen and ones that have solid references?

Laci, I do not. I ask for id's if their refs are not replying or don't have a good enough rapport. If the potential client has a p4 that is my favorite method of verification. 

Mine too!  You absolutely have to use what screening methods work for you.  I am afraid I can't really be more help because I require p411 or solid references.  

Maybe some other ladies will reach out and tell you in private some of their methods.  Good luck and stay safe!😘

Also I must say that when i first started out it was incredibly hard for me to book an appt. Everyone wanted me to have a review first and even my very first reviewer, the client stated "he was taking one for the team" on me because I was unverified. If any of them would have asked for my id I would have understood the reasoning, however now that I am verified and do have a p411, there is no need for my id. 

12 hours ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

Ok I have to rant here for a second. I can't understand how some potential clients get so weird about sharing their id with me. I am the one who is inviting you into my home! I am the one who is a verified provider already! I have no reason to use your info against you, I just want to feel safe. It is incredibly annoying to go through the process of asking the same questions over and over again with each new potential client only for them to say they feel uncomfortable with giving me such basic information. Why are guys so weird about this? I have more to lose than they do. I could tarnish my name very easily if I were to use their information in any way other than just as verification. I don't know am I missing something here?

Lucy please forgive me because maybe I'm a little slow but I just have a couple of questions to help me understand better. 

When are you asking for these ID's? Are you asking them to take a picture of it and send it to you ahead of time or are you just looking at it when they arrive? You can count me as one of those guys who would never share RWI because I don't know you or your intentions any more than you know me or my intentions. I guess my other question would be about your statement about wanting to stay safe. If a guy really had intentions of harming you, how would just looking at his ID keep that from happening. If the guy was LE, how would just looking at an ID keep him from arresting you? 

I'm sure this makes you feel safe and you need to do what is right for you but don't be surprised if you continue to get the reaction that you are getting.

Edited by H2Opieluver

1 hour ago, H2Opieluver said:

Lucy please forgive me because maybe I'm a little slow but I just have a couple of questions to help me understand better. 

When are you asking for these ID's? Are you asking them to take a picture of it and send it to you ahead of time or are you just looking at it when they arrive? You can count me as one of those guys who would never share RWI because I don't know you or your intentions any more than you know me or my intentions. I guess my other question would be about your statement about wanting to stay safe. If a guy really had intentions of harming you, how would just looking at his ID keep that from happening. If the guy was LE, how would just looking at an ID keep him from arresting you? 

I'm sure this makes you feel safe and you need to do what is right for you but don't be surprised if you continue to get the reaction that you are getting.

I have the same questions.  How does seeing the ID keep you safe??  I am sure bad clients that no show, cancel last minute, or even ones to rip you off would have an ID.  I would never be willing to share my RWI with a new client.  I do require a confirmation phone call now.  That has cut out the fake appointments.  

What would you do with the ID information if they hurt you, stole your money?  I am guessing a visit to the police is not an option.  All I care about is we keep each other safe!!

8 hours ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

Also I must say that when i first started out it was incredibly hard for me to book an appt. Everyone wanted me to have a review first and even my very first reviewer, the client stated "he was taking one for the team" on me because I was unverified. If any of them would have asked for my id I would have understood the reasoning, however now that I am verified and do have a p411, there is no need for my id. 

Lucy, your photos looked too good to be true.  Whoever he was  that "took one for the team "  as fake photos are (sadly ) common place. Will bet that your appointments increased a helluva lot once it was verified that the hot girl in the pictures would actually be the one opening the door.

1 hour ago, Raine-7379 said:

I have the same questions.  How does seeing the ID keep you safe??  I am sure bad clients that no show, cancel last minute, or even ones to rip you off would have an ID.  I would never be willing to share my RWI with a new client.  I do require a confirmation phone call now.  That has cut out the fake appointments.  

What would you do with the ID information if they hurt you, stole your money?  I am guessing a visit to the police is not an option.  All I care about is we keep each other safe!!

If they assaulted me I would go to the police. When I was in Dallas a POS broke my nose and my eye was swollen shut for 3 days. I filed a report and he was dealt with accordingly.  

yep I would have no problem going to the police with their id if they hurt me. I'm also not worried about l.e. or getting in trouble. I want to know that the person I am with is safe and if not he can be found if he hurts me. This is why p4 is such a necessary medium.

3 minutes ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

yep I would have no problem going to the police with their id if they hurt me. I'm also not worried about l.e. or getting in trouble. I want to know that the person I am with is safe and if not he can be found if he hurts me. This is why p4 is such a necessary medium.

I have not read the fine print on p411 lately (my attention is elsewhere when there for some reason :cool:) however, if I recall correctly their guidelines called for actual first name and location to go into john's ID AND suggested ladies ask for ID that displays that first name and the last four digits of p411 ID.  But  I do not recall any lady actually asking me for same.

There is also the theory that knowing their real ID may be a deterrent to ass hats robbing, roughing up, raping, abducting, etc. if that is what they have in mind

Perhaps just me, but a clearly legit and reputable lady such as yourself I would have no qualms about showing my ID.  If that lets you relax and better enjoy our time together, I am all in. A total unknown from BP - although I am known to go there - no way, not sharing ID.. Keep in mind that the guys that have no references, no ok's, no p411 membership etc. are frequently going to be new, nervous as hell, and scared to death especially if they have heard horror stories (some being true).

10 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

I have not read the fine print on p411 lately (my attention is elsewhere when there for some reason :cool:) however, if I recall correctly their guidelines called for actual first name and location to go into john's ID AND suggested ladies ask for ID that displays that first name and the last four digits of p411 ID.  But  I do not recall any lady actually asking me for same.

This is indeed true, and not a lot of ladies know this.  A wonderful and well established young lady I spent the evening with last month was completely surprised when I told her this.

I have never been asked for ID even though my P411 ID has my first name and last four of my ID in it.  If I were to show up and be asked to produce it by someone who I scheduled through P411 I would reluctantly but politely show it but would cover up my address and last name.

However Laci's story reminds me that I sometimes need to pause and consider an other's perspective.  It is so against my nature to be physically aggressive in any way, especially with a lady, that I sometimes forget that there are some really bad guys out there.

Good girls can, and have turned bad.    I could point out an actual situation of a guy loosing it all because someone he had seen for a couple of years "outted" him.  But that would continue the "outting".  

19 hours ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

Image result for I will show you mine if you show me yours images

You pays your money and you takes your chances. 

It's a gamble. For both. Run your business how you see fit. The complaint is silly. You require ID. So you only see dudes giving you an ID. Sounds like it's working how you want. I won't show you my ID. So I won't see you. Seems like there is no problem here. 

I agree JJ but it seems like there is sure a lot of this shit going on this week, ID rants, screening issues etc. how about we all get back to what this hobby is all about?  And quit whining 

8 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

I agree JJ but it seems like there is sure a lot of this shit going on this week, ID rants, screening issues etc. how about we all get back to what this hobby is all about?  And quit whining 

and just forget about that pesky safety? I don't think complaining about difficulties with screening is the same as whining.

I was only ever asked once to show my ID. It was a long time ago. I have a baby face so she was was skeptical of my age. The only reason I complied with her wishes, was because she was very well established.

Honestly though, with an ass like yours, you can ask for their kidneys and someone is bound to give one to you. 

Anymore though the common practice for me is to leave my ID the car. 

Lucy I am not discounting safety at all, I am saying to all involved parties, if you don't like the rules of engagement, move on.  It's real simple