Kandi Apple

False reference request

19 posts in this topic

I received a reference request from mttsmith03 and I have no record of meeting with this new member. 

Through pm I asked for more info and he did not cough up any proof that we met.

I asked him to call me and he did not.

He is suspicious as hell and just want to put it out there.

Ladies stay cautious as he weirded me out.

3 minutes ago, Kandi Apple said:

I received a reference request from muttsmith03 and I have no record of meeting with this new member. 

stay safe is right

Wow 😳 He started following my profile last night. Thanks for the heads up Kandi. That's super scary. 

Johny Law is thick right now.. They have been using strange tactics all week.Stay safe ladies and be sure to screen before you book ;)

Thank you Kandi. And you're right Chrissy, there is some crazy stuff right now. 

We really need a ladies only room---just putting it out there AGAIN.

I agree we do need a ladies only forum ..

Yepper...better safe than sorry with creep-O's and Five-0's out there....That said...even I sometime send PM's that are too explicit in attempts to meet the perfect regulars. I figure if they are too much nervous nelly and I spook em off....oh well....better safe than sorry on disappointment also.

10 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

I received a reference request from muttsmith03 and I have no record of meeting with this new member. 

He sent me a message last night, thank you for this good information. I really appreciate the heads up. 

14 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

Ladies stay cautious.

One thing I've noticed with Kandi is she does her due diligence with research.

just a note;  if you haven't done so please look at the forum stats page for members join date & post count then click on their Profile page to see if they have any reviews, this alone should help.....

15 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

I received a reference request from mttsmith03 and I have no record of meeting with this new member. 

14 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

Wow 😳 He started following my profile last night. Thanks for the heads up Kandi. That's super scary. 

no personal knowledge for sure, however before assuming the absolute worst - a newbie could easily click "ask for reference" button by accident or by not even knowing what they are doing.  There are many individuals here that seem to have visited half of all the profiles I ever look at and yet they appear legit.  As to following - maybe he is interested in what a few people have to say that have caught his attention.  Then again, he maybe a double agent - LE by day super pimp by night and will rob and harass you.  You never know, so HAVE to be cautious, just keep in mind he could be a harmless newbie stumbling aimlessly lol.  And yeah, a reference request from someone you don't know is weird, speaking as one who got a reference without asking for one from someone I don't know.  By all means, keep yourselves safe.

16 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Thank you Kandi. And you're right Chrissy, there is some crazy stuff right now. 

We really need a ladies only room---just putting it out there AGAIN.

16 hours ago, Chrissy said:

I agree we do need a ladies only forum ..

I also agree that we should have a ladies only forum! 

What's sketching me out lately is getting emails from people that don't really specify they're from the board (OR don't tell me their screen name), that ask me lots of questions that could be answered by looking at my ads. I don't know if that's normal but it rubs me the wrong way. I'd rather be safe.

First I would like to thank all the ladies that do reference oks or answer reference requests because I know a lot of you are busy but a lot of you do this to help not only each other out but us also.i just hope the few jerks that are out there don't ruin it for the rest of us. Be safe ladies , we appreciate what you do for us

8 hours ago, MyraGold said:

What's sketching me out lately is getting emails from people that don't really specify they're from the board (OR don't tell me their screen name), that ask me lots of questions that could be answered by looking at my ads. I don't know if that's normal but it rubs me the wrong way. I'd rather be safe.

I know how you feel.

I don't think many even read the ads. They just look at our profile information and our photos but skip the all the information included in our ads, for some unknown reason.

Edited by Kandi Apple

1 hour ago, Kandi Apple said:

I know how you feel.

I don't think many even read the ads. They just look at our profile information and our photos but skip the all the information included in our ads, for some unknown reason.

sad that they don't do their homework properly 

4 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

I know how you feel.

I don't recall seeing any written information in your ad. :D

On 7/13/2017 at 2:23 PM, Kandi Apple said:

I know how you feel.

I totally agree.  It is very frustrating to answer all the questions that are easily found in several places on TOB or my new website.  They only need to click a few icons.  

10 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

I totally agree.  It is very frustrating to answer all the questions that are easily found in several places on TOB or my new website.  They only need to click a few icons.  

Guys should do their own version of "screening" which includes checking out reviews on various sites, reading ads on the sites and personal website, all that.  I mean, we're all professionals here <_< and would never just read enough to find the phone number to text "you available?" of course.  Some people I just don't get, if you're going to give away $ for a enjoyable time, why not do a few minutes research first?  It's like "I want to have an experience like Disney, but I just picked a random entry in the phone book and ended up at Moe's Discount Spatula Warehouse, and I didn't have a good time!"

On 7/13/2017 at 2:23 PM, Kandi Apple said:

I know how you feel.

Maybe you should limit your photos to shots of you in winter clothing..... parkas.....heavy bathrobes, snuggies.....maybe a burka.......none of this distracting bare flesh.  LOL.

Seriously, I read the details in the ads not only for the info, but because the way an ad is written....combined with the online presence a lady has....tells me a lot more about the quality of service I am likely to receive than a couple of hot pix.  

Show a lot of professionalism in your ads, combined with an irreverent, humorous posting history, and I will likely be knocking on your door.