Dresden-8802

Last Day, Leaving Town Soon Ads?

21 posts in this topic

Am I the only one that thinks that seeing a provider who says she is leaving is a good idea?   I've seen several ads lately that suggest that I ought to see the lady before she is a gone girl.   Hmm.  I don't think that is a very strong hook for me.  How about you?

I've seen this so many times that I quit countuing. Ya think anyone would give a shit if Boink or me left town. Hell No!!

I guess for the guys that are into variety, yeah, could be a draw.

Me, always on the look out for a regular, so, not of interest to me. Also wonder re: commitment to service level if punching out.

The "leaving soon" is also a bit of a "scam" at times. Providers that takes months. Or some use the leaving when they mean "going on vacation".

5 hours ago, tide32 said:

I've seen this so many times that I quit countuing. Ya think anyone would give a shit if Boink or me left town. Hell No!!

I would too care if Boink left!

4 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

I guess for the guys that are into variety, yeah, could be a draw.

Me, always on the look out for a regular, so, not of interest to me. Also wonder re: commitment to service level if punching out.

The "leaving soon" is also a bit of a "scam" at times. Providers that takes months. Or some use the leaving when they mean "going on vacation".

I pretty much agree with this. I have specific tastes and am ONLY interested in a regular playmate. For, me, when I see "leaving soon", I immediately dismiss her as history.......even though I have seen them "leave"...and "return" countless times.

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

I would too care if Boink left!

If I go I will take you with me. ;)

55 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

I pretty much agree with this. I have specific tastes and am ONLY interested in a regular playmate. For, me, when I see "leaving soon", I immediately dismiss her as history.......even though I have seen them "leave"...and "return" countless times.

There are so many visiting ladies that I will consider them for a one time visit, local ladies I too prefer a regular provider.  While I might be drawn to an ad that says leaving soon, I often think either they are going to visit other cities to see how that goes, or on vacation.  If it's someone I would want to see, I would usually wait until they return or figure I just missed my opportunity.

I don't mind them.The "I need money to pay my rent or etc" ads on the other hand.....

Suppose it would be different if she was touring. If her available dates are posted on PF11 and she's about to leave to head back to her normal hometown, that might be different. Especially if you see her ad regularly on the board. There's one such provider who visits regularly to our fair city, but I am unsure of when she might return. So... for now I'm going to count myself as fortunate we have such wonderful providers who live locally.

It makes sense if a provider is giving the people in their area the heads up of a vacation or possible tour. If they are trying to pretend they're leaving to help pay a last minute bill...it's understandable, but not smart. It makes them come off as unreliable or flighty. It also doesn't improve any trust that they might have with the community. Why build up a good reputation to just tarnish it with a lie? 

On 7/9/2017 at 10:41 AM, Dresden-8802 said:

Am I the only one that thinks that seeing a provider who says she is leaving is a good idea?   I've seen several ads lately that suggest that I ought to see the lady before she is a gone girl.   Hmm.  I don't think that is a very strong hook for me.  How about you?

There are several ladies that travel a lot but pass through town fairly regularly. Very recently asked one to be sure and tell me ahead of time when she comes again so i can schedule. Can be a nice surprise to get that text saying "wanna see me next week when I pass through?" 😎 But if sounds like one and gone for good - nope, off the list of want to see. I prefer regulars too, but that doesn't necessarily mean full time local resident.

I try to come up here monthly and sometimes post when I'm leaving just to let people know, or I'll run specials for my last day. But seeing as you guys aren't really fans maybe I'll leave that off my next ad lol

48 minutes ago, Ariel Amazing said:

I try to come up here monthly and sometimes post when I'm leaving just to let people know, or I'll run specials for my last day. But seeing as you guys aren't really fans maybe I'll leave that off my next ad lol

I think it is different for you Ariel. We recognize that you are from elsewhere and are touring in our area, so I think in your case it is absolutely alright to let us know when you are leaving. That way we might have a chance to see you before your gone. I think on the other hand when the ladies that reside in our area use this ploy, it isn't received as well. It looks like only an effort to drum up business.

On 7/10/2017 at 0:24 AM, HollyMarie said:

It makes sense if a provider is giving the people in their area the heads up of a vacation or possible tour. If they are trying to pretend they're leaving to help pay a last minute bill...it's understandable, but not smart. It makes them come off as unreliable or flighty. It also doesn't improve any trust that they might have with the community. Why build up a good reputation to just tarnish it with a lie? 

I totally agree Holly. I think it's rather tasteless to lie just to try and get extra business. I think if a provider needs to get some cash quick instead of saying she's going out of town soon, just run a special 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

2 hours ago, H2Opieluver said:

I think it is different for you Ariel. We recognize that you are from elsewhere and are touring in our area, so I think in your case it is absolutely alright to let us know when you are leaving. That way we might have a chance to see you before your gone. I think on the other hand when the ladies that reside in our area use this ploy, it isn't received as well. It looks like only an effort to drum up business.

I use that tagline occasionally when I am taking an extended period off or leaving on tour. I have such limited availability anyhow, it's more of an informational agenda for me. There are guys that are waiting for the right time in their schedule, bank account or whatever that may appreciate knowing so that they can plan appropriately. Just putting up an ad is "an effort to drum up business". 

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

I use that tagline occasionally when I am taking an extended period off or leaving on tour. I have such limited availability anyhow, it's more of an informational agenda for me. There are guys that are waiting for the right time in their schedule, bank account or whatever that may appreciate knowing so that they can plan appropriately. Just putting up an ad is "an effort to drum up business". 

Yeah you're right Audrey. I guess I should have said something like "Trying to add a sense of urgency to getting guys to come see them under false pretenses. Now if the lady is in fact leaving town for an extended period of time then I'm ok with this but if this is false advertising then not so much.

It has never had much appeal to me as a general incentive to pick up the phone ... except if it happens to be a lady that I REALLY wanted to see and thought she might not return soon. But that exception tends to be rare for me. In fact, the leaving town tag line usually creates an image in my mind of "your mind is elsewhere and you just want to pick up some extra cash" before you blow outta town. Yep, I know that it's all a fantasy biz ... and I understand that the tag line might be intended to invoke the principle of scarcity and naturally to drum up some billable hours before leaving, but I like the encounter that at least has the illusion that the lady's mind is all on you. For that reason, I don't like the "see me before ..." tag line.

Seeing an ad stating last day doesn't necessarily motivate me to set up an appointment especially if it is someone I don't know. It would motivate me if it is someone I've seen before and am thinking about setting up a visit and don't want to wait until they get back.

26 minutes ago, AaBrenly said:

Seeing an ad stating last day doesn't necessarily motivate me to set up an appointment especially if it is someone I don't know. ...

^This^ sets up a "Why bother?" In my mind. There are plenty of other YL who will be around next week. 

28 minutes ago, AaBrenly said:

... It would motivate me if it is someone I've seen before and am thinking about setting up a visit and don't want to wait until they get back.

Now ^this^, on the other hand, may cause me to make that trip to the ATM & pick up the phone. 

For me, it causes this thought, in my mind. "If she's leaving, I'll see someone who will be here next month, instead!" :)