Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrissy

BBQ and Fireworks!

14 posts in this topic

What are Yalls favorites for the 4th?

Im a BBQ and Roasted Corn gal and Enjoy plenty of Margaritas ;)

Sounds pretty good to me. 

Steak and Makers and watch fireworks with my daughter and her family.

Edited by wglide2003

I grew up with weinie roasts that consisted of hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, chips, and marshmallows.  We would gather wood and build a bonfire that we would roast the hot dogs and marshmallows over while enjoying fireworks, food, stories, and family. The only thing I wish we included that I would do now is a good beer. I wanted to go home for the fourth, but it isn't meant to be so I will do my best to reenact most of it tomorrow night.

Happy 4th everybody!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

My favorite memories are from grade school days. My dad (and half of the other dads on our block) would set off fireworks like bottle rockets, fountains, roman candles, whistlers, spinners, and smoke bombs, The teenagers would set off Black Cats, ladyfingers, and M-80s. Us kids would play with sparklers, and be thrilled!

Now I like to go to a high spot, and watch all the different displays once it gets dark. 

As kids my friends and I liked to go out the morning of July 5th and collect fireworks which did not ignite and either light the ones with short fuses or grind up the others for mischievous fun.

Days gone by more than a few beers, pop the screen off the upstairs bedroom, grab the 870 Pump and let off 3 rounds. Neighbors never complained and I did that for 10 years. Those days obviously are long gone. 

Steak on the grill, probably walk over to one of the bars near me, have a few... Relax, and enjoy.  

9 hours ago, Chrissy said:

What are Yalls favorites for the 4th?

Im a BBQ and Roasted Corn gal and Enjoy plenty of Margaritas ;)

A day at the local regional park with friends, family and my dogs, hamburgers and cold beer all go well together!! Will be cooking up some South African sausage called borewors. Grew up on borewors, no sense in a BBQ without it!  

30 minutes ago, coloradoguy75 said:

A day at the local regional park with friends, family and my dogs, hamburgers and cold beer all go well together!! Will be cooking up some South African sausage called borewors. Grew up on borewors, no sense in a BBQ without it!  

Borewors? What kind of meat is in it? What are they cased with? I loooooovvveeeee sausage :) pun intended lol

Its made with a combination of beef and pork usually. It looks just like Brat Wurst, except it is longer and usually thicker. Normally sold in a roll, several feet long. Its the spice that makes it so completely different!! Its heavenly! I think you would enjoy getting your mouth around this sausage!

Wors 2.jpg

Wors.jpg

Ah, I see I made a typo error on my first post, twice,  its spelled "boerewors"! Its good no matter how you spell it!!

My best memories are driving with my Dad up to the milemarker 2 exit from I-25 in Wyoming (just south of Cheyenne) and going to the fireworks stand to buy a bunch of illegal (in Colorado) fireworks: roman candles, black cats, M-80s, etc. My second best memories are loading up my sons and  driving up to the milemarker 2 exit in Wyoming (just south of Cheyenne) and going to the fireworks stand to buy a bunch of illegal (in Colorado) fireworks: roman candles, black cats, etc. (they don't sell M-80s any more).  Shooting them off is fun, but the real fun is spending two hours in the car with your dad talking about how you are going to break the law.  (It started early in life.)