Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rocks, neat/up, shaken

25 posts in this topic

Depending on the liquor I like it on ice, shaken and strained or up. How about you? Whiskey and born on I like rocks, tequila//gin shaken or refrigerated, vodka in a martini up.

I've always liked a glass of Bushmills on the rocks.  Keeps me drinking it slower which I like.  Other whiskeys too.  For some reason never been a big fan of Scotch though...

I like Vodka Collins.  Non frozen margaritas and daiquiris.  Sailor Jerry rum on the rocks too...

9 minutes ago, olgunn said:

Depending on the liquor I like it on ice, shaken and strained or up. How about you? Whiskey and born on I like rocks, tequila//gin shaken or refrigerated, vodka in a martini up.

Have you tried whiskey stones?

i usually drink my Scotch neat. 

Haven't seen stones. Agreed depending on the type might take it straight up.

Usually it is Jim Beam swilled straight out of the 375 flask bottle (fits nicely in a suit's inside pocket), so it is at body temp - yum!

Under better circumstances I prefer a nice 10+ year, single malt, scotch, neat.

Belvedere Vodka all the way. I can sip it on the rocks or drink it with soda water and a lime. 

Cheers!

Crown or Chai straight outta the freezer. Rum, tequila, vodka mixed drinks only, no martinis.

Martinis all the way with Grey Goose. Margaritas or ice cold beer on hot days.

Grey Goose & tonic with an orange slice, Patron Anejo with orange slice dredged in cinnamon sugar, sake, champagne, scotch neat/rocks, Cabernet...am I missing anything? Probably🤣

Chopin or better potato vodkas, rocks. Ditto margs.

Scotch/whiskeys get a little complicated. Something really peaty like Lagavulin, neat. Then it really becomes trial and error. If at a restaurant and trying a new whiskey, will ask for like three bar cubes of ice: won't make too watery, cold, get an idea which way to go in the future (neat vs rocks). If using some chilling device, the stones work well. Also the big ice balls/molds work great (really slow to melt).

Traditionally Scotch is supposed to have a splash of water to open the flavors. This is more true for the heavier, peatier malts. Try it sometime; first take a sip, then add a few drops and sip again. Very different from the watered down Scotch & water typically served in a bar; ask for water back. 

My brain is fucked up enough already. Never needed the help of alcohol. No disrespect ment. :D

36 minutes ago, tide32 said:

My brain is fucked up enough already. Never needed the help of alcohol. No disrespect ment. :D

There is no reason to drink that much!

I often make one drink (about 2oz or 75ml) last all evening. I drink for taste, not to mess with my brain. I smoke (cigars) for the same reason. 

i drink scotch with a splash or two cubes of ice.  However, Martinis (gin) I keep premade (12 to 1) in the freezer.  I like margaritas shaken with ice then up with salt..

Maybe it is my Commerce City upbringing, but I am sitting here, at this very moment, drinking a fine scotch, straight out of the bottle - no glass, no ice, and certainly no water.  My favorite way.  Well.... actually my favorite way is to be passing it around a campfire, but this is second best.

Don't drink anymore....well rarely, but, when I did, Tequila straight, warsteiner beer. 

Now an occasional glass of moscato. 

Moscato is one of my favorites to drink right before bed. Jameson with coke at the bar is good too!

I've gotten in a Bloody Mary kick lately. Tito's vodka and Mr. & Mrs. T's mix. Tullamore Dew is my go to whiskey although I do enjoy a wee dram of The Balvenie scotch from time to time.

I am fruity...seldom drink. Sangria, rootbeer floats with Bailey's & home made ice cream. I am very much a whimp when it comes to drinking. I can never finish a glass or mug if alcohol is in it.

I'll have to say ...  The better quality of alcohol. . the less hanger you will have, with far less hanger you have.

Good vibes xo

Edited by Sexielexy
Spelling errors

Don't spoil Makers with soda. Should be taken on the rocks.

You use soda with something like "Ol Stump Blower".

Or straight out of the bottle with your left hand (using the right on the throttle).

Hmmmmm, methinks there be more then a few whiskey /scotch snobs here. (Including myself);)

Although I have been sampling  the various martinis. And I like them also. But a good whiskey has my heart always.

BTW, scotch has been making white men dance since 1454 A.D.

Edited by Jez UaBriain