Slowjamz

STD testing

47 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Ah yes...Dick Cheese....Definitely the LEAST popular flavor in the Kraft Cheese line up.

I hear they are cumming out with Kraft String Dick Cheese! :D 

13 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

They check everything, but Herpes which you have to ask for and the test is expensive. Also, it is not 100% unless you have a breakout because it is a disease that is affected by the nervous system and not dectectable through a blood sample. They will also educate you on anything you need to know, and they provide free condoms(they are cheap condoms though). You will get the AIDS/HIV results immediately, but the other tests are anywhere from 3-5 days. Understand that this does not cover anything that you have contracted anywhere from the last few weeks as most diseases have incubation periods. This does not include AIDS/HIV...their incubation time is different.

Planned Parenthood does this as well, and for free. I barely have to wait 15 minutes to be seen. 

14 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

I suggest that you educate yourself on STDS, and the risks with sexual activity before doing this. Understand that us ladies tend to have this profession as our livelihood and try not to screw that up by being unsafe.

I take it you don't offer unprotected oral sex and also use a dental dam?

1 hour ago, Gemma Chang said:

Planned Parenthood does this as well, and for free. I barely have to wait 15 minutes to be seen. 

1 hour ago, Gemma Chang said:

not free unless maybe you have none to little income to show, i was charged 150 bucks

Through all of my years of working in this industry I have always strived to keep myself clean and healthy, not just for myself but for the clients that I see.

My doctor is aware that I am a active woman and have multiple partners. I explained to her that my husband and I are swingers and we love what we do. With her knowing that I am thoroughly tested every 3 months because she wants to keep me safe and my partners safe. She does know that I use condoms and that I'll give an occasional blowjob without one. Little does she know it's like lots of blow jobs without one, but all in all I've always been clean. 

I don't like to suck on cheese dick so I don't,  Jimmy gets a great hand job.

Yes I do pay a lot for my testing because HIV requires blood testing and so does herpes exc:

With this being done every 3 months my yearly cost for my testing even with my insurance is high-dollar.

This comes with a significant amount of importance and there is no amount of money to compensate for a clear State of Mind knowing that I'm clean.

Everyone stay safe, stay aware, and enjoy yourselves!

On 6/28/2017 at 2:21 PM, Mr.Pink said:

just go down to denver general, it's FREE.

Denver General, Ohh boy, time is money as everyone here knows.

19 hours ago, 2Big said:

I'm not sure what rise you're trying to achieve from me by asking this clearly rhetorical question. You said yourself that most providers offer unprotected oral sex because they'd be out of business if they didn't. You also stated that what consenting adults do with each other is also their business. Both of which I concur with. Are you attempting to negate my getting tested? I'm not getting my panties in a twist about STDs, so there's no argument to be made here. It is unsafe if that's what it is you want me to say. 

20 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

not free unless maybe you have none to little income to show, i was charged 150 bucks

Interesting.. My company's insurance covers everything, even the copay. 

17 hours ago, Gemma Chang said:

Interesting.. My company's insurance covers everything, even the copay. 

Wouldn't that make it an un-copay? :D

On 6/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, SultryKitten said:

I know of some ladies that will go to their doctors and get the results on paper, but most places due to security and privacy reasons, have you call to get the results and will only give paper results if asked. I go monthly to the STD Clinic off of Bannock Street and Speer. You will sit there for 2 hours, but it is cheap/free or you can donate which I like to do. They check everything, but Herpes which you have to ask for and the test is expensive. Also, it is not 100% unless you have a breakout because it is a disease that is affected by the nervous system and not dectectable through a blood sample. They will also educate you on anything you need to know, and they provide free condoms(they are cheap condoms though). You will get the AIDS/HIV results immediately, but the other tests are anywhere from 3-5 days. Understand that this does not cover anything that you have contracted anywhere from the last few weeks as most diseases have incubation periods. This does not include AIDS/HIV...their incubation time is different.

I suggest that you educate yourself on STDS, and the risks with sexual activity before doing this. Understand that us ladies tend to have this profession as our livelihood and try not to screw that up by being unsafe, but yes, there are ladies that break the BB rule and go uncovered. Everybody has different comfort levels, and you have to figure out your own and what it is worth to you if you choose to partake.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Sammie,

Actually they (DR) can test for HPV, HSV1& HSV2 and several other diseases through blood.... my doctor said the only way HSV1& HSV2 will not show up is:

1. You have never been infected.

2. You were recently exposed.

It's best to get checked quarterly each year if you're sexually active with several partners.....

I'm sure my DR. is tired of my excuse...

" I had another condom break....Can we do another full workup please?"

I never have questions from my doctor.  If I ask for a screening, he okays it.  It might have to do with the insurance company.  I have Kaiser and they are supposedly very committed to prevention.  LIke others have said, it's better to be tested regularly and depending on the source of the testing, it can be costly.  I like Kaiser because they charge nothing for lab services.

11 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

Sammie,

Actually they (DR) can test for HPV, HSV1& HSV2 and several other diseases through blood.... my doctor said the only way HSV1& HSV2 will not show up is:

1. You have never been infected.

2. You were recently exposed.

It's best to get checked quarterly each year if you're sexually active with several partners.....

I'm sure my DR. is tired of my excuse...

" I had another condom break....Can we do another full workup please?"

Yeah, I think they say it isn't 100% just to protect their license and the fact that people don't educate themselves. I get it every 6 months, and if I remember, getting the results takes longer than the others too.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

15 minutes ago, Keyser said:

PSA.  Don't feed the trolls.

Ah, but DM's not a troll. He's our resident hyperbolic comic. 😜

16 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Ah, but DM's not a troll. He's our resident hyperbolic comic. 😜

lol I had to look up hyperbolic, definition's still beyond me so I'll stick with troll. 

From the Center for Disease Control website:

Fast Facts

• There is little to no risk of getting or transmitting HIV from oral sex.
  • Other STDs and hepatitis can be transmitted during oral sex.