Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Audrey Astor

Does anyone here have a....

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have a Peloton? What has been your experience? Did it become a clothes hanger? I'm seriously thinking about getting one!!!

No I don't have one but a friend does and he likes it.  He only uses it occasionally when he is training for a long ride and only when the weather is bad.  the rest of the time it is a clothes rack.  If you are looking for a good piece of exercise equipment I personally would suggest a cross ramp machine.  You can vary the elevation and the resistance and it works the upper body as well.  It is better than a treadmill or elliptical.  A rowing machine is also another option as it is a great exercise (but rowing inside is boring).

If you already have a nice bicycle you can always just get a nice trainer. I wanted a Peloton too but they are expensive and I really can't stand stationary rides. If you really wanted one (and they have great reviews) maybe look for someone who has already turned theirs into a clothes rack and save some money.

On 6/11/2017 at 7:06 AM, Audrey Astor said:

Does anyone here have a Peloton? What has been your experience? Did it become a clothes hanger? I'm seriously thinking about getting one!!!

I have a C3 Lifecycle Exercise Bike with the GO console. AnD love it  $1900.00. three year warranty, there are a variety of workouts to keep one interested......

I researched the Peloton;  it looks like you have to pay the yearly $468.00 or two year $936.00 subscription fee  along with the the specialized cycling shoes to attach to the Bike.---> $1995 + tax/shipping + $250.00 build fee.

screenshot-www.pelotoncycle.com 2017-06-12 09-55-19.jpg

Here is a video that compares the Peloton vs Schwinn Ac Performance Plus With Carbon Blue Indoor Bike -$2,199.00

Mentions the Shwinn is a Commercial grade bike with a three year parts warranty, where the Peloton has only a one year warranty account it is not a commercial grade bike.

Yikes! There are a lot of extra fees. : o     

I'll have to check your model out as well Kaduk.

Suggest to start with spin classes at Rec center or health club to see if you are really into the spinning or high intensity cycling. Many  of the clubs have spin bikes that are in the workout area so you do not even attend classes if you are short on time.

Definitely check out the spin classes at the gym.  Being with people is motivating, as is a set schedule.  Too many home exercise machines end up being clothes hangars, and that is way too expensive a clothes hangar.

18 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Definitely check out the spin classes at the gym.  Being with people is motivating, as is a set schedule.  Too many home exercise machines end up being clothes hangars, and that is way too expensive a clothes hangar.

I know, that's my worst fear. Ugh! However, home life doesn't allow for classes during the time they're offered. :-(.

This seems to be a great alternative if committed. 

11 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

I know, that's my worst fear. Ugh! However, home life doesn't allow for classes during the time they're offered. :-(.

This seems to be a great alternative if committed. 

If you already have a bike then I seriously suggest a trainer, it just turns your bike into a stationary bike. They range in price from $70 to redonk expensive depending on your need and commitment. They're not huge and it's a minimal investment to see if it's what you're in to. I really love bike riding but really hate stationary bikes, it's not the same. I don't get the same burn or the same satisfaction. If you really want something for home I recommend something like an elliptical. Full body and intense so you don't have to devote a ton of time.