Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishndude57

K this is stoopid...

26 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

Step 1:  Since we're at altitude, it sucks no matter what.

Step 2:  Drive to King Soopers or Safeway, buy pre-boiled and shelled eggs.

Step 3:  ?

Step 4:  Profit...

Many years ago, I don't recall where I read it, the article recommended;

1. Place the eggs in the water and bring to a quick boil

2. As soon as the water boils, turn the stove down to a simmer

3. Although it will take longer to cook, ~20-25 minutes on simmer

4. The yolk will be more palatable, the simmering reduces the chances of over cooking

5. Place immediately into an ice bath after cooking

I've had good luck with peeling them with just the plain ice bath without the baking soda or vinegar tricks. Not perfect, but probably successful 85% of the time. Haven't tried the pinhole trick either.

Good luck!

Thanks, Martha.  WTF.  Anybody got any good cooking stories that involve nudity, illicit sex, provocative poses, sensual actions, or similar prurient interests?  If so, let's hear them.  Otherwise, we really have all we need about cooking the damned eggs!

4 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Thanks, Martha.  WTF.  Anybody got any good cooking stories that involve nudity, illicit sex, provocative poses, sensual actions, or similar prurient interests?  If so, let's hear them.  Otherwise, we really have all we need about cooking the damned eggs!

LOL, actually I have stories that fit that bill. But I get warned for shilling whenever I delve to go there. Tired of warnings.

1) Don't use the freshest eggs you have. Use some that have been in the 'fridge for a couple of weeks.

2) Tap each egg lightly with a spoon to just barely crack the shell.

3) Put the eggs in tap water and bring eggs and water to a boil.

4) Cool eggs before attempting to shell.

Of all of these, #1 is the most important. Fresh eggs don't shell worth a darn.

6 hours ago, BadBoy said:

At least you didn't call me Shirley.

On 6/9/2017 at 6:29 PM, fishndude57 said:

OK, I love hard boiled eggs for breakfast. One of my favorites! I add some pure butter when the're  done and serve them on an english muffin, so good!

Here's what you do.......Start out with fresh eggs. FRESH, get this? Not something that's been sitting in the fridge for a few weeks. Very important.

Put the eggs in the pot and add a tablespoon of salt, boil for 15 minutes. The shell should come off in a nice big hunk, and you can then enjoy.

Works for me every time!

17 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Lessons learned at Nudist Camp:

1) Do NOT cook bacon w/o an apron!

2) Remember your towel when you sit down. 

Just ADD SALT to the water. LOL it works everyime and you do not need to wait for them to cool . I am known as the deviled egg queen in my family ;)

12 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Dammit man, Read my solution!

HAHAHA

I'm gonna move Arvada so I can a chicken coop and fresh eggs lol. Actually my sister has 15 chickens, a rooster and a coop. I'll try everything and everything. I honestly suck at boiling eggs. Try my Gumbo, or Chili Verde I just made and it'll blow you away. Eggs, my nemesis, go figure.

1 minute ago, fishndude57 said:

I'm gonna move Arvada so I can a chicken coop and fresh eggs lol. Actually my sister has 15 chickens, a rooster and a coop. I'll try everything and everything. I honestly suck at boiling eggs. Try my Gumbo, or Chili Verde I just made and it'll blow you away. Eggs, my nemesis, go figure.

Eggs, I can cook. Anything more complicated and my kitchen ends up looking like several tornadoes went through it. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Just ADD SALT to the water. LOL it works everyime and you do not need to wait for them to cool . I am known as the deviled egg queen in my family ;)

OMG I love great deviled eggs... Might need to make a batch now.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, Chrissy said:

K, I'm gonna trust ya here. But I'm not peeling them till later to crumble on top of my asparagus. If it don't work I give up! :P

20 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

K, I'm gonna trust ya here. But I'm not peeling them till later to crumble on top of my asparagus. If it don't work I give up! :P

I usually do almonds or cashews over my asparagus :) never thought of eggs ¿¿

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

I usually do almonds or cashews over my asparagus :) never thought of eggs ¿¿

Will you marry me...easy peasy...

2d6tjeb.jpg

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

Will you marry me...easy peasy...

2d6tjeb.jpg

I would except I have this deathly allergic reaction when ever I say yes. My eyes burn, my throat closes and I can't breath, and I shrink AnD die inside at the thought of the same One winky for the rest of my life!

12 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

I would except I have this deathly allergic reaction when ever I say yes. My eyes burn, my throat closes and I can't breath, and I shrink AnD die inside at the thought of the same One winky for the rest of my life!

LOL...Really? K ;)

7 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

LOL...Really? K ;)

LOL. Xoxoxo Muah!

On 6/10/2017 at 5:32 PM, BadBoy said:

Anybody got any good cooking stories that involve nudity, illicit sex, provocative poses, sensual actions, or similar prurient interests?  If so, let's hear them.  

lots of them......why ?

54 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

THIS!!! I am going to remember THIS when I get my next proposal! LOL! Chrissy, you crack me up!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I make a mean egg omelet, can make any pancake, and if you want anything breakfast-wise? I can make just about anything that involves bacon fat!

My specialty is baking though. I used to place first in the stock show for my cakes. I have even made a few wedding cakes, and I am real good at making the belly cakes for baby showers. I would say though that my pride and joy is my strawberry shortcake cake. Dangit, now I want a slice!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, SultryKitten said:

I make a mean egg omelet, can make any pancake, and if you want anything breakfast-wise? I can make just about anything that involves bacon fat!

My specialty is baking though. I used to place first in the stock show for my cakes. I have even made a few wedding cakes, and I am real good at making the belly cakes for baby showers. I would say though that my pride and joy is my strawberry shortcake cake. Dangit, now I want a slice!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

OMG! You bake in this horrid climate!! I can't even bake a store bought box cake. They always fall. Are raw in the middle or just plain dry!  And yummmmm bacon grease hashbrowns :) Teach me how to make a German chocolate cake and I will rub your feet every Tuesday for a month!!!! 

9 hours ago, Chrissy said:

OMG! You bake in this horrid climate!! I can't even bake a store bought box cake. They always fall. Are raw in the middle or just plain dry!  And yummmmm bacon grease hashbrowns :) Teach me how to make a German chocolate cake and I will rub your feet every Tuesday for a month!!!! 

DEAL!!! :D All you had to say was "rub my feet"! ;) It is easy peasy to bake a cake...my family is German, we better know how to bake a German chocolate cake(I can even make German chocolate cake cookies).

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

The hardest cake to make in this environment is Angel Food cake,and it is because of the eggs. If you do not get them fluffy enough(egg whites), the cake will fall while cooking. Also, do not open the oven until it is time for it to literally be coming out. Make sure the oven is not too hot or it will burn it, and lastly, do not let it cook to long as it will dry it out and give it a slight burnt taste.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Edited by SultryKitten
spacing