inadifferentvoice

Not enough African-American providers

57 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Hot Violet said:

this is a socioeconomic fact.  Most AA female providers have pimps, and are in jail, homeless, or .. who knows.  I know this because I've seen it.  The AA population is SUFFERING. 

Uh oh , I don't think this one is going to too well.😔

20 hours ago, Hot Violet said:

this is a socioeconomic fact.  Most AA female providers have pimps, and are in jail, homeless, or .. who knows.  I know this because I've seen it.  The AA population is SUFFERING. 

This is offensive and I completely disagree.  

Boy did this take a wrong turn. I agree Laci. Uncalled for.

22 hours ago, Hot Violet said:

..... No wonder your on a hobby site looking for a business position lol. Actually the AA population is FLOURISHING, where have you been? Clearly under a rock. I believe if it's not the same amount , or something close there's just as many white males/females in the system too. White girls have pimps also , anyone can be pimped lol.All you see when your on 16th street is white homeless men... must I really go on?

Stereotyping Is Played out, Everyone can have the same thing happen to them. 

There really is no getting out of this hole that you've dug.  

4 hours ago, Hot Violet said:

Oh no, did I just shame myself In the shame community? 

I'm done. I'm tired. I'm tired of nobody having the balls to just say the actual truth. Let's go on pretending.... And just put on a front... about the industry.... Not black people

sorry I ruined the spirit of the topic. Black women are gorgeous and they'll never age a day. I wish I had their vocal chords and I've always wanted to rock a foxy fro... Also, to immediately command the respect of every person when I walk in the room would be really cool.... And this is all genuine btw. No more negativity.  I'm mad at tob, I shouldn't have snapped at such a vulnerable topic. I'm sorry

Violet , I think you just need a hug! I think you might just be having a bad day because your posts normally don't take on this kind of tone. Everybody is entitled to a bad day occasionally.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:44 AM, Vassago said:

May I ask what drew you to Colorado? I confess, recent political differences make me quite hesitant to see another black woman again. It's sad really. Black women are incredibly sexy. Just wish we could get naked together and not debate fucking politics all the time. Plus, I like sucking on pussy. Most the black women I've met just have these wierd barriers in place. I'm a sexy guy. I like getting close. I like affection. If they're not into that, it's time to search elsewhere. Just my experience. Stay gorgeous, Arkansas.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:12 PM, Vassago said:

The barrier is a mental one, not physical. I've met 7 black women from Denver. 6 of the 7 were little more than a 3G experience. No connection whatsoever. Only one was what I would consider a GFE experience. I tend to avoid the local black women anymore. I've just come to accept that it's a good possibility it won't be a compatible coupling. My loss.

Vasso,

DId you ever stop to think that you met with 6 of the 7 black women hear and none of them 'liked' you that perhaps it was due to the fact that they didn't like the creepy way your talk about black women and fetishize us like we are human? Its more likely that you made them feel uncomfortable. Hell I'm uncomfortable just reading your comments.

On 6/17/2017 at 0:05 PM, Hot Violet said:

This is an incredibly racist thing to say..and I'm a white male conservative Republican.

Why are you stereoptyping?

56 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

This is an incredibly racist thing to say..and I'm a white male conservative Republican.

Why are you stereoptyping?

Ok, lets turn this around.  Are you saying that AA female providers have pimps or other issues at EXACTLY the same statistical rate as every other socio-economic-ethnic class and there are absolutely no differences?  Or is she merely stating an uncomfortable fact, maybe not phrased the most politically correct way?  The worst thing I can pull out of her statement is that "most" may not be exactly correct, where "at a higher rate" may be the best way to say it.

15 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Ok, lets turn this around.  Are you saying that AA female providers have pimps or other issues at EXACTLY the same statistical rate as every other socio-economic-ethnic class and there are absolutely no differences?  Or is she merely stating an uncomfortable fact, maybe not phrased the most politically correct way?  The worst thing I can pull out of her statement is that "most" may not be exactly correct, where "at a higher rate" may be the best way to say it.

I am not saying anything about AA ladies or any other ladies.

If you read everything  she wrote on this thread, she says that all AA women have pimps, are drugged out, in jail, etc etc etc.

I am offended by her stereotyping AA women like that.

21 hours ago, Hot Violet said:

Oh no, did I just shame myself In the shame community? 

I'm done. I'm tired. I'm tired of nobody having the balls to just say the actual truth. Let's go on pretending.... And just put on a front... about the industry.... Not black people

sorry I ruined the spirit of the topic. Black women are gorgeous and they'll never age a day. I wish I had their vocal chords and I've always wanted to rock a foxy fro... Also, to immediately command the respect of every person when I walk in the room would be really cool.... And this is all genuine btw. No more negativity.  I'm mad at tob, I shouldn't have snapped at such a vulnerable topic. I'm sorry

Where your initial response was classic stereotyping at its worst, everyone has the ability to redeem themselves and, perhaps for selfish reasons, the fact you will see men of color is a good start. Race and racism is a deep wound in our society, best to stay away from speaking on what we don't know. 

On 6/18/2017 at 8:44 AM, Laci French said:

This is offensive and I completely disagree.  

And where did you get these "facts"?  

5 minutes ago, Adriana Caliste said:

And where did you get these "facts"?  

I was just  stating my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I was just  stating my opinion.

No Lacey I was concurring with you and adding my question to the OP.

On 6/18/2017 at 9:49 AM, Hot Violet said:

Why? Obviously no one has ever been to jail . It's really shitty no one is acknowledging this. If we don't recognize the issue we will never find a solution. 

You could have said this more tactfully, but I do partly agree and that is just because I personally have seen it myself too. When I go to Omaha, I get at least 3 calls from pimps and yes, they are black. Their diction is pretty obvious! When you see the pictures of stings, there might be a few whites in the mix, but the majority are of color. Sadly, underage that get caught and brought in are of color as well with a few white mixed in. I am not sure of why this demographic but it is the reality. I wonder if it has to do with the peer pressure on the streets similar to kids being brought into gangs because they feel there is nothing else? Maybe the economics? I have always pondered it, and yes, agree that more should be done.

Oprah did this show one time showing the dark side of prostitution and human trafficking, and the shelters that help are severly underfunded as well as majorly understaffed. It is like the "big dark secret" no one wants to talk about and getting charity for it is minimal. I also notice that there is very little education about this business. People think this is some big money maker(get rich quick), and while it can be for some...it is really not that lucrative. To be lucrative, you have to bust your A$$ though, day in and day out. It is not as easy as it seems.

I have had conversations with black ladies, and I do feel that they get paid less than someone from an exotic country, a southern state, or any pure European type. Not sure if the paler the skin, the more the draw or what but I feel that ladies should be paid based on their talent and their looks combined. I find the darker the skin, the more exotic and beautiful, but that is just me...have a penchant for tall, dark, and beautiful not really into blonde, blue eyed but maybe that is because I got those traits and like something different than what I have.

If people are going to get upset talking about subjects of this nature when they are things that are prevalent in our society and this business especially, ask yourself why it offends you. Is it because you feel that way and are embarassed by how you feel? Is it because you don't want to face the facts that these kind of things are actually issues that do affect how people feel about our business? Or are you just afraid that you will get called out recognizing things of this nature that seem to be sensitive subjects these days? I am trying to not offend anyone with this post, but nothing irks me more than when people want to hush up other people for speaking their mind about something they have an opinion about, or want to discuss about that really are issues and should be discussed. I am not a "snowflake"(the new fad word, ugh), and I have no problem speaking my mind, but I do tend to not bring up certain things and it is not because I don't want to...it is because people are hard headed and don't want to hear someone else's opinion/viewpoint about things and it is better to close my mouth than to call them a dumbass. No, I am not calling anyone a dumbass yet(give me a few posts ;)), but let's all take a breather and try to make this an intelligent conversation about why black ladies are not as prevalent here than other places. We could all learn something new, and maybe have a new found respect for these beautiful ladies that also partake in this industry.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

10 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I am not saying anything about AA ladies or any other ladies.

If you read everything  she wrote on this thread, she says that all AA women have pimps, are drugged out, in jail, etc etc etc.

I am offended by her stereotyping AA women like that.

She said "most" which is a completely different word than "all."  And there was zero mention of drugs.  So what do you call it when taking the way a person says something as "proof" they are racist while missing both their actual words and the context - most of the actual meaning.  I don't know what it is called but it is so common anymore it NEEDS a frickin' name.

I suppose I may hear a lot of disagreement here, but not the first time I guess.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with a person relating their own experiences as they relate to race relations and treatment of others, so long as they make clear that they are only relating their experience, limited though it may be.  That is essentially how I took the OP's statements.  But it was clear from the start she was having a shit day week, whatever, and while venting was not uber careful to make the clarifications she did later.  So she is human - me too.  But in the whole context of her posts I see nothing to lead me to believe that she is at all racist.  I think many, many people need to learn to listen first, then be offended only if warranted.  The immediately offended thing is getting very tiresome in our society.

Oh .... and saying that black ladies are arrested more often, treated worse, paid less would be considered a brilliant speech if spoken by the right "leader" but it is somehow offensive because a lady having a rough day stated it roughly??  Ugly facts of lessening but still with us racism should be a topic that can be openly and intelligently discussed so that we might all get somewhere better and learn a few things about each other along the way.

2 hours ago, boink36 said:

Damn, can't yall just hate Trump like everyone else? 

Talk about high jacking a thread. :cool:  But I am totally on board with hating the buffoon in chief.

Edited by gr8owl

6 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

You could have said this more tactfully, but I do partly agree and that is just because I personally have seen it myself too. When I go to Omaha, I get at least 3 calls from pimps and yes, they are black. Their diction is pretty obvious! When you see the pictures of stings, there might be a few whites in the mix, but the majority are of color. Sadly, underage that get caught and brought in are of color as well with a few white mixed in. I am not sure of why this demographic but it is the reality. I wonder if it has to do with the peer pressure on the streets similar to kids being brought into gangs because they feel there is nothing else? Maybe the economics? I have always pondered it, and yes, agree that more should be done.

Oprah did this show one time showing the dark side of prostitution and human trafficking, and the shelters that help are severly underfunded as well as majorly understaffed. It is like the "big dark secret" no one wants to talk about and getting charity for it is minimal. I also notice that there is very little education about this business. People think this is some big money maker(get rich quick), and while it can be for some...it is really not that lucrative. To be lucrative, you have to bust your A$$ though, day in and day out. It is not as easy as it seems.

I have had conversations with black ladies, and I do feel that they get paid less than someone from an exotic country, a southern state, or any pure European type. Not sure if the paler the skin, the more the draw or what but I feel that ladies should be paid based on their talent and their looks combined. I find the darker the skin, the more exotic and beautiful, but that is just me...have a penchant for tall, dark, and beautiful not really into blonde, blue eyed but maybe that is because I got those traits and like something different than what I have.

If people are going to get upset talking about subjects of this nature when they are things that are prevalent in our society and this business especially, ask yourself why it offends you. Is it because you feel that way and are embarassed by how you feel? Is it because you don't want to face the facts that these kind of things are actually issues that do affect how people feel about our business? Or are you just afraid that you will get called out recognizing things of this nature that seem to be sensitive subjects these days? I am trying to not offend anyone with this post, but nothing irks me more than when people want to hush up other people for speaking their mind about something they have an opinion about, or want to discuss about that really are issues and should be discussed. I am not a "snowflake"(the new fad word, ugh), and I have no problem speaking my mind, but I do tend to not bring up certain things and it is not because I don't want to...it is because people are hard headed and don't want to hear someone else's opinion/viewpoint about things and it is better to close my mouth than to call them a dumbass. No, I am not calling anyone a dumbass yet(give me a few posts ;)), but let's all take a breather and try to make this an intelligent conversation about why black ladies are not as prevalent here than other places. We could all learn something new, and maybe have a new found respect for these beautiful ladies that also partake in this industry.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Yes!  Plus a month worth of points.

Must you always be so logical and considerate Samantha? Please stay so.

On 6/17/2017 at 0:05 PM, Hot Violet said:

16 hours ago, KingBey said:

Normally I don't pick on people for grammar, but I don't even know what you're asking in your first sentence. I'll give it a try.

Vasso,

DId you ever stop to think that you met with 6 of the 7 black women hear and none of them 'liked' you that perhaps it was due to the fact that they didn't like the creepy way your talk about black women and fetishize us like we are human? Nope. Its more likely that you made them feel uncomfortable. Says the 1 post wonder. Hell I'm uncomfortable just reading your comments. Compared to whose? Maybe get thicker skin or ignore me?

10 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Yes!  Plus a month worth of points.

Must you always be so logical and considerate Samantha? Please stay so.

LOL! Actually, I was kind of annoyed when I wrote that, but I tried to keep it civil. I guess my age is showing. :P

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

18 hours ago, gr8owl said:

She said "most" which is a completely different word than "all."  And there was zero mention of drugs.  So what do you call it when taking the way a person says something as "proof" they are racist while missing both their actual words and the context - most of the actual meaning.  I don't know what it is called but it is so common anymore it NEEDS a frickin' name.

I suppose I may hear a lot of disagreement here, but not the first time I guess.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with a person relating their own experiences as they relate to race relations and treatment of others, so long as they make clear that they are only relating their experience, limited though it may be.  That is essentially how I took the OP's statements.  But it was clear from the start she was having a shit day week, whatever, and while venting was not uber careful to make the clarifications she did later.  So she is human - me too.  But in the whole context of her posts I see nothing to lead me to believe that she is at all racist.  I think many, many people need to learn to listen first, then be offended only if warranted.  The immediately offended thing is getting very tiresome in our society.

Oh .... and saying that black ladies are arrested more often, treated worse, paid less would be considered a brilliant speech if spoken by the right "leader" but it is somehow offensive because a lady having a rough day stated it roughly??  Ugly facts of lessening but still with us racism should be a topic that can be openly and intelligently discussed so that we might all get somewhere better and learn a few things about each other along the way.

I agree with you.  To me, she did not come across as a racist.   I have been on this board only for a short time, but you seem to be voice of reason around here

I love Women of all shapes and sizes regardless of Race. It's about the connection and intimacy, right? Isn't that why we're all in this biz, whether we're a client or a provider? Sometimes there is no connection, true but it has little to do with either of our Race, rather our own personal likes and dislikes and whether there is any chemistry between us during adult playtime activities.

On 6/18/2017 at 11:04 AM, Hot Violet said:

And when I said "suffering" I didn't mean it in the sense that they are inferior, lesser than, or do not have the ability to succeed. It sounded white supremacist only because I'm white, and it seems racist only because it's negative and I'm not black. Why are black women paid far less than white women working the same jobs? Why is it that more of the African American population is criminalized for crimes that are committed by other majority groups? Even in prostitution more blacks are criminalized than their white counterparts. I'm bringing this up because the topic itself is offensive in the fact that it's targeting one particular race,  making them stand out , and everyone is failing to see what is really going on. Everyone is tiptoeing, around, and sugar coating the whole thing! This is dumb. I don't even no why I even partook in this discussion.   Did I not read earlier that people were saying all the black chicks are on back page? And backpage ... well enough said there. And all those ads say "No blacks" ??? So I'm at a loss... I'm simply over it. 

Also youre stereotyping what homeless looks like. Just because you're homeless doesn't mean you're carless.  There are more shelters for women as well. On colfax I see nothing but homeless black men... West Colfax. So .... I shrug my shoulders and digress

One way to keep from falling deeper in a pit is to stop digging.   :)