Sarah_S

Is There a Way to Post a Temporary Ad?

7 posts in this topic

I am not from here, and want to post an ad, however, I just want to post it for a week, maybe two depending on my trip, then I want to delete it,  it gone...poof, disappear from the internet. I don't want google searches two years from now finding the ad.   I see that you guys keep EVERYTHING,  (2012 stuff still coming up in internet searches) that's why I am hesitant to comment and really engage in the board.I want to be able to delete my comments, posts and ads. I am just part time and do not want the constant exposure.  I just want to stay under the radar as much as I can.   Thank you

Anything and everything you post on the internet is there forever.  

I see you use ECCIE and TER. What is the concern with TOB? 

Edited by Laci French
Looked at profile

Yeah, I still have stuff from over 10 years ago out there from TER that I asked to have deleted. I also have other things from other less known site out there as well. As long as you advertise anywhere on the internet, it will show up if someone is really determined to find it. 

Don't want anything out there? Don't do this job, or if you do, no pics, make sure nothing connects to anything personal of yours, and don't advertise where you live. Harder to do than it seems.

Personally, you take a big risk if you are really wanting to do this and you need to weigh the pros and cons to really consider how important it is to you.

I might add that saying what you do professionally is probably not a wise idea. Guys have a general idea of what I do, but I keep it very vague and I don't give them company names. Also, I have done googles on my real name and I am pretty hard to find so I breathe easier. It might not be the same for you.

Hope this helps!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Don't show your face or tattoos. Get a prepaid phone and pay for your ad using a prepaid card. Use the westword paper($150 week). Not the internet. Otherwise you lose the whole denial factor..  

5 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Don't show your face or tattoos. Get a prepaid phone and pay for your ad using a prepaid card. Use the westword paper($150 week). Not the internet. Otherwise you lose the whole denial factor..  

Rule of thumb. anything you place on the internet, anything anywhere is there forever + one day.

We sent you a pm.

You can delete your ad, however,  once Google picks it up you'll need to contact them to remove it, if it's still searchable.

Sara,

Wishing you luck with deleting all your ads especially TER! I think you are in trouble already! Next to impossible to delete our info. Don't worry so much...nobody is offering to pay my.bills..lol if anyone claims anything on me? Na I pay my own way in life! My RW job only pays...very little!