Lucy Kitten

Deposits

85 posts in this topic

Due to the serious flakiness in business lately I am seriously considering deposits. Just last week I had $1,200 worth of canceled appointments. One or two cancellations or no shows is not a big deal but 7 in one week? That's outrageous, people can't survive like that. I am ready to discuss the inevitable providers can't be trusted and there's no anonymous way to send money posts. I'm not really looking for opinions on who wants to do it, what I would like to know are ways that potential clients might feel comfortable giving a deposit.

I would really like a way to enforce consideration for my time and my business. It also becomes really hard to succeed if I don't set and adhere to my own standards. I don't think I would do it for all sessions but for hour and longer sessions. I might also request a deposit for all prebooked session because those have seemed to be the flakiest of all lately.

If you guys aren't at all down for deposits then I am open to other suggestions to change this current trend of serious flakiness. I just can't take it anymore and I don't think I am the only one.

I'm with you Lucy. The flake rate is bananas.

Edited by Adriana Caliste
Spelling

Me personally, I don't mind a deposit.  

I guess my question is, the threat of blacklisting or even being put on a shared blacklist isn't enough to keep the flakes away?  I've heard a rumor that there might be one or two folks with a set of phone numbers booking up a lot of people then cancelling, either as competition or just for shits and giggles.  I wonder if a couple of you compared numbers if there would be common numbers between you?

6 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Me personally, I don't mind a deposit.  

I guess my question is, the threat of blacklisting or even being put on a shared blacklist isn't enough to keep the flakes away?  I've heard a rumor that there might be one or two folks with a set of phone numbers booking up a lot of people then cancelling, either as competition or just for shits and giggles.  I wonder if a couple of you compared numbers if there would be common numbers between you?

That's never really helped. It kinda helps the next lady but there are no end to throw away numbers. It doesn't make up for the lost income either and regulars and "good" clients are doing this too. About a month ago I had a guy schedule for two hours, not a big deal I had seen him before and then day of the appointment I hear nothing. I call at 3 to confirm for 4 and he just woke up and wont make it. It makes more sense for me to hold him responsible financially rather than blacklist.

The other thing that really ticks me off is that clients these days are more demanding. They want short notice, they have requests but they only want to pay $. At this point I am finding it hard to put forth the effort to continually be disappointed. It's an all around fucked off situation that's really hurting providers.

I'd have no problem with deposits. I've paid or tried to pay cancellation fees before. Usually tho they don't know how to collect them. I don't work for an hourly wage myself, and I know if I get stiffed, I take it honestly to Arbitration. In a way I feel your frustration. I try and do my part and cooperate. Sorry if I'm a jerk on occasion and apologize for the other dick pics I guess out there.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Due to the serious flakiness in business lately I am seriously considering deposits. Just last week I had $1,200 worth of canceled appointments. One or two cancellations or no shows is not a big deal but 7 in one week? That's outrageous, people can't survive like that. I am ready to discuss the inevitable providers can't be trusted and there's no anonymous way to send money posts. I'm not really looking for opinions on who wants to do it, what I would like to know are ways that potential clients might feel comfortable giving a deposit.

I would really like a way to enforce consideration for my time and my business. It also becomes really hard to succeed if I don't set and adhere to my own standards. I don't think I would do it for all sessions but for hour and longer sessions. I might also request a deposit for all prebooked session because those have seemed to be the flakiest of all lately.

If you guys aren't at all down for deposits then I am open to other suggestions to change this current trend of serious flakiness. I just can't take it anymore and I don't think I am the only one.

I prefer PayPal, but I've also got a Venmo account. Venmo asks 0 questions and looks like you can damn near put almost anything you want for the usernames and so on. You do have to put a description for each transaction but they seriously don't care what you put. 

16 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

I prefer PayPal, but I've also got a Venmo account. Venmo asks 0 questions and looks like you can damn near put almost anything you want for the usernames and so on. You do have to put a description for each transaction but they seriously don't care what you put. 

Venmo is worth considering. PayPal unfortunately is not provider friendly. Do you know anything about Gift Rocket?

8 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Venmo is worth considering. PayPal unfortunately is not provider friendly. Do you know anything about Gift Rocket?

PayPal isn't really friendly to anything, but it's secure and unless people put in there what they're paying you for it should be ok. Do friends and family and there's no fee. Goods and services will likely work better, but again you have to be discreet. 

I've never heard of Gift Rocket. I try to keep my money transfer sites limited to those two and only those two. 

Edited by JoDoe27

16 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

PayPal isn't really friendly to anything, but it's secure and unless people put in there what they're paying you for it should be ok. Do friends and family and there's no fee. Goods and services will likely work better, but again you have to be discreet. 

I've never heard of Gift Rocket. I try to keep my money transfer sites limited to those two and only those two. 

PayPal is not a viable option for sexworkers. Like at all. The may not be friendly to a lot of people but they are particular about not having sex workers on their site. Pay Pal and Square Space are a no-go for us.

I've had great success with Gift Rocket, the money goes straight into my account, I can use my working name and I have a direct link it. It's not a money transfer site, it's a gift giving site.

4 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

PayPal is not a viable option for sexworkers. Like at all. The may not be friendly to a lot of people but they are particular about not having sex workers on their site. Pay Pal and Square Space are a no-go for us.

I've had great success with Gift Rocket, the money goes straight into my account, I can use my working name and I have a direct link it. It's not a money transfer site, it's a gift giving site.

You'll have to go with whatever works best for you.

I do have a question; how does PayPal and Square know you're a sex worker? Why doesn't the goods and services option in PayPal not an option?

12 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

I do have a question; how does PayPal and Square know you're a sex worker? Why doesn't the goods and services option in PayPal not an option?

All it takes would be one pissed off or cheap client who calls and disputes the transaction.

Just now, JoDoe27 said:

They search us out and we inevitably give it away. Sites like that always keep an eye on women using their products. There are many Pay Pal horror stories and it's really not worth the risk. We have to be careful too because when we get banned from these services it doesn't just mean our personas are banned it means we can't ever use them again for whatever reason.

Does anyone know if the Square app is provider friendly? 

For you, and other well reviewed women, I'm happy to do a deposit, especially if pre-booking. My problem is that I only have the standard payment methods (credit card, check, bank transfer) which usually require that the vendor have some kind of account, usually connected to a real name,.

Try a money pak refill you can get at King Soopers, just remember you can only buy it from them with cash, but that's a good thing right?  Then take a pic of the back with the scratch off part removed and text it on over.  She can load it to a green dot credit card in about 20 minutes after your purchase.  Easy peasy.

So what happens when it's the provider who emails you last minute and cancels? I had a well known and well reviewed lady do that to me Saturday. So if you put down a deposit and she emails you and cancels and you never hear another word, are we just supposed to eat it? I used to try and side with the ladies, but after Saturdays debacle, I'm not sure I can anymore. This situation goes both ways. What assurance would a client have that a provider won't just skip out with his deposit?

providers who cancel should include the refund in their cancellation notice.

53 minutes ago, Juanmotai said:

So what happens when it's the provider who emails you last minute and cancels? I had a well known and well reviewed lady do that to me Saturday. So if you put down a deposit and she emails you and cancels and you never hear another word, are we just supposed to eat it? I used to try and side with the ladies, but after Saturdays debacle, I'm not sure I can anymore. This situation goes both ways. What assurance would a client have that a provider won't just skip out with his deposit?

There are only 2 providers out of all the ones I've seen that I'd trust enough to leave a deposit. You have no recourse, if you are robbed of petty cash. I'm certain you understand why. Sorry but the idea of a deposit sounds too risky to bother with. What sensible client would agree to do it? How many?

2 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Pay Pal and Square Space are a no-go for us.

Wait, my website is built from Squarespace.. Am I going to get some notice that I need to shut that shit down? 

I believe JoDoe is correct in that Venmo doesn't ask many questions. I think Square Cash and all of those similar apps are pretty everyone friendly, and you don't have to reveal anything about your identity to those you're corresponding with. 

I definitely empathize with on the volume of flakes, though. I've had several calls/ appointments in the past where I would show up right on time, and nobody was home and nobody was picking up the phone. It's very disheartening. Couldn't even give me the time of day and give me a "never mind," before I drove all the way out there and wasted my fuel. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Klondikeblonde said:

Good luck with that one. 

Give it a try, at least for first timers, you will certainly flesh out the bad ones.   The down side of an electronic money transfer is that it would leave a trail to you and your finances for the Service or other LE types. 

7 hours ago, Gemmachangofficial said:

Wait, my website is built from Squarespace.. Am I going to get some notice that I need to shut that shit down? 

sadly,thats been known to happen.

7 hours ago, Gemmachangofficial said:

I definitely empathize with on the volume of flakes, though. I've had several calls/ appointments in the past where I would show up right on time, and nobody was home and nobody was picking up the phone. It's very disheartening. Couldn't even give me the time of day and give me a "never mind," before I drove all the way out there and wasted my fuel. :unsure:

Welcome to the nc/ns club . :(     Sadly,it happens. 

8 hours ago, Vassago said:

There are only 2 providers out of all the ones I've seen that I'd trust enough to leave a deposit. You have no recourse, if you are robbed of petty cash. I'm certain you understand why. Sorry but the idea of a deposit sounds too risky to bother with. What sensible client would agree to do it? How many?

I have three I'd have no problem with at all prepaying full fees well ahead of time.  However, that's because I trust them based on our history.  You're right in that someone new I've never met before, I wouldn't put anything more than a small deposit down ahead of time, and that would be based on others reviews.

9 hours ago, Juanmotai said:

This is where I didn't want this thread to go. Ans tsk tsk for bringing that up on the board. Of course the situation goes both ways but when you get canceled on it sucks that you don't get laid but when I get canceled on 7 times in one week I'm losing a lot of income. So what am I supposed to do? Just not eat? I get canceled on and no showed waaayyyyyy more than you do.

Just a note to the ladies. I have one provider that uses the "syuare cash app". I don't mind using it.

2 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

This is where I didn't want this thread to go. Ans tsk tsk for bringing that up on the board. Of course the situation goes both ways but when you get canceled on it sucks that you don't get laid but when I get canceled on 7 times in one week I'm losing a lot of income. So what am I supposed to do? Just not eat? I get canceled on and no showed waaayyyyyy more than you do.

Your situation is ,indeed, a bad one. No real answer out there to remedy it. As you yourself noted,it does go both ways...so of course the men that have been burned by making deposits will speak up.  Once burned,twice shy...by both the ladies and the gents. Seven times burned in a week is a horror story.

10 hours ago, Klondikeblonde said:

Should and do are two different things entirely.  In my 10 plus years in this pastime, I have canceled exactly twice and had one no show 'cause I rolled a car on the way to an appointment.  I will take a pass on a deposit. 

57 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I just canceled Last minute, well actually same day, hours in advance on Two this week  After I paid for auto posts for 5 days!! :(  Life happens..There for I do not do the deposit thing.

I work a real life job and that always comes first, so if I have to pick up another shift on short notice I do so, if I start  my "monthly" a few days in advance no explanation needed to the strangers here..Yet I offer an explanation if I cancel..(but will leave out the monthly explanation. LOL)  

Also this last week alone!  I hAve had guys lie about being members here when trying to book in advance..(when asked they say "no just saw your ad").Guys who say they have no phone service at their place in the hills..guys who have used fAke references ,,guys who have given fake money and guys just be pure rude ass hats this past two weeks.guys have me drive all the way to boulder to NOT be home or send me on a dry run..

(Thinks its the full moon?) 

;)

IMO If a lady chooses to cancel and actuAlly lets you know, I see no issue, call someone else. if n explanation was offered take it and move on, try to book another day that  is less hectic for both parties. . If not and just NEVER  heard from her.. Ok that was shitty.. 

But  an entire week of cancellations is rough for anY business on any side of the wall. I hate that happens..

hey Lucy, just like Chrissy maybe you could get another job instead of strictly depending on this profession to be supported? I would think alot of ladies do this for extra income for play money.