fishndude57

Does the Hotel Matter…

41 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2017 at 10:24 PM, FuriousWeasel said:

La Quinta is Spanish for "Crappy motel."

I thought it was Spanish for "next to Denny's"

8 hours ago, SabrinaLynn said:

I may get hammered for this butttt .....

What is so wrong with the location of business if the person has plenty of reviews and is More then Verified?

There isn't anything wrong with it, Sabrina. I've walked in and out of both the LaQuintas in my playground too many times to count. Was never questioned. A few times I even smiled and waved at the front lobby staff. Just told them I was I.T. On the other hand I booked a 2 hour appointment once and the fucking AC was busted. Thank god it was only early Spring.

As for the decor, I prefer to focus on the woman in the room.

Edited by Vassago
Edition

5 hours ago, Laci French said:

Price for the La Quinta today is 175...that's not cheap. 

Do hotel rates have anything to do with rising real estate costs?

15 hours ago, ironman318 said:

They have to pay for all the damage done by some guests, as well as, biohazard pay for housekeeping. 😧

Rumor has it that a Mr GQ is the guilty party😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Vassago said:

Do hotel rates have anything to do with rising real estate costs?

I think our plants bring the people in.😉

I honestly don't care about the type of hotel at all. If I'm with a beautiful woman then the state of the bed or room doesn't really matter to me at all. Most hotels I've been at are clean regardless of their price. Although of course I do care if it's in a decently safer area and is discreet. Nothing I hate more than walking right by the check in desk with like 2 to 3 on looking clerks. That's when I start walking with a purpose and making it look like I know exactly where I'm going 😂 😂 

23 minutes ago, lakerboy24 said:

I honestly don't care about the type of hotel at all. If I'm with a beautiful woman then the state of the bed or room doesn't really matter to me at all. Most hotels I've been at are clean regardless of their price. Although of course I do care if it's in a decently safer area and is discreet. Nothing I hate more than walking right by the check in desk with like 2 to 3 on looking clerks. That's when I start walking with a purpose and making it look like I know exactly where I'm going 😂 😂 

What is it they say?  You can get in just about anywhere if you have a hardhat, safety vest, and a clip board.  A walkie talkie also helps.

Though that might be funny to the gal opening the door...

15 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

What is it they say?  You can get in just about anywhere if you have a hardhat, safety vest, and a clip board.  A walkie talkie also helps.

Though that might be funny to the gal opening the door...

That strikes me as a costume that would attract a lot of attention from the staff, as in, "what is that guy working on, we weren't notified, I think I better go ask him."

I prefer standard business-casual attire, and if I am bringing candy or wine, I just put it in a Fed-X envelope.  I want to be as invisible as possible and if you spend much time in hotel lobbies, you will note that just about everyone is a middle-aged guy in business casual dress, carrying a file or a Fed-X envelope.  It's like hooker-camo.

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

That strikes me as a costume that would attract a lot of attention from the staff, as in, "what is that guy working on, we weren't notified, I think I better go ask him."

I prefer standard business-casual attire, and if I am bringing candy or wine, I just put it in a Fed-X envelope.  I want to be as invisible as possible and if you spend much time in hotel lobbies, you will note that just about everyone is a middle-aged guy in business casual dress, carrying a file or a Fed-X envelope.  It's like hooker-camo.

There's a guy on the internet that has posted the places he's gotten into with the hardhat getup, like major concerts, secure gov't areas, all sorts.  

You're right not so much in a hotel though.  Biz casual is one thing, but then again, so is the "tourist dad" look...

On 6/5/2017 at 5:39 PM, Laci French said:

Price for the La Quinta today is 175...that's not cheap. 

FWIW, Hotwire and Priceline can get you half that most times, and even better if you want to roll the dice along with the clues provided on betterbidding.com.  Of course YMMV and it does lock in the days.