Gemma Chang

Obtaining a provider account via TER?

18 posts in this topic

TER perplexes me a bit. If I've read correctly, in order for an account to become a provider account so you can set up a profile, menu of services, etc., someone must write you a review first , and only then can you set all of that up. So how do I know if someone has already written a review and I can connect it to my account? Does anyone else see this operation as working backwards? :confused:

TER is not provider friendly! They focus on the client's review to keep them afloat, and us ladies have to follow their strict protocols to even advertise much less have our reviews on there(even if we don't want to due to their detailed nature of how the reviews have to be written).

You do have to unfortunately wait for a client to write a review, and then if anything isnot correct, write them about it, and they hopefully approve it. To see if you have reviews, go to "search reviews" and put in your phone number, name, etc. to see if you have any. That should be a start.

TER is tough, but can be used well if you learn how to navigate it. Good luck!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

6 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

TER is not provider friendly! They focus on the client's review to keep them afloat, and us ladies have to follow their strict protocols to even advertise much less have our reviews on there(even if we don't want to due to their detailed nature of how the reviews have to be written).

You do have to unfortunately wait for a client to write a review, and then if anything isnot correct, write them about it, and they hopefully approve it. To see if you have reviews, go to "search reviews" and put in your phone number, name, etc. to see if you have any. That should be a start.

TER is tough, but can be used well if you learn how to navigate it. Good luck!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Thanks so much for the clarification, darling! It's a tricky business.. B)

This is just personal opinion (ladies would know more than I as to business generated) but I would not worry about TER unless you plan to travel or to cater to traveling clients.  TER's entire approach of structured reviews, required activities to get high score, and essentially buying reviews (selling membership for reviews) in my opinion sucks.  For this market IMHO this site and Preferred411 are far superior to TER and with a much larger local audience.  Even Eccie a better bet.

PS if you worked under a different name at agency you might do a review search to make sure you do not already have reviews, be it here or there.

9 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

This is just personal opinion (ladies would know more than I as to business generated) but I would not worry about TER unless you plan to travel or to cater to traveling clients.  TER's entire approach of structured reviews, required activities to get high score, and essentially buying reviews (selling membership for reviews) in my opinion sucks.  For this market IMHO this site and Preferred411 are far superior to TER and with a much larger local audience.  Even Eccie a better bet.

PS if you worked under a different name at agency you might do a review search to make sure you do not already have reviews, be it here or there.

Ah, I was under the impression that TER was the place to be seen, the be all end all, where most clients in general wanted to leave reviews or read reviews. It appears I was mislead! Also, I believe I have to jump through a few hoops to get a P411 account as well. Again, need reviews to obtain official account status. However, I will look into Eccie. 

As a client,  I wrote a review one time on TER for a provider.. It took me almost a freaking hour and then they did not approve it because they wanted my experience with the provider to be longer. It never did go through and too much work.

5 minutes ago, Skg said:

As a client,  I wrote a review one time on TER for a provider.. It took me almost a freaking hour and then they did not approve it because they wanted my experience with the provider to be longer. It never did go through and too much work.

+1  I don't use TER at all.  Too much of a pain in the ass.

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I don't like TER either but I don't think we should discourage providers from joining as many sites as possible for exposure. The TOB/P411 trap is real for Colorado providers, we are alone in how we operate and it's very hard to bring our business elsewhere if needed. I will also say as someone with an OK chunk of TER reviews that it very much helps business. P411 is known but it's not an advertising site or a review TER is. TER is more widely known too, with so many new comers to CO and the hobby it helps to have a presence there.

In the grander scheme of things TOB reviews only matter to those here. When I travel and link back to this site I get a lot of questions because so many are not familiar with it. Providers who want to be successful have to think bigger.

3 hours ago, Gemmachangofficial said:

TER perplexes me a bit. If I've read correctly, in order for an account to become a provider account so you can set up a profile, menu of services, etc., someone must write you a review first , and only then can you set all of that up. So how do I know if someone has already written a review and I can connect it to my account? Does anyone else see this operation as working backwards? :confused:

You can search your own name to see if you have reviews. Reviews first is so they can verify that you're probably real before allowing you to advertise. It's an easily fooled system but that's the idea.

Heads up it is very hard to remove bad reviews or any review for that matter from TER. It can be very good for business but they are very difficult to deal with.

37 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

TER is more widely known too, with so many new comers to CO and the hobby it helps to have a presence there.

Dually noted. That is an interesting point made, however aren't the 4,000 or so moving each month mostly milennials who are likely providers themselves or completely unaware of the business? That was just my assumption. I've been seeing a lot of Texas and California plates. I can't imagine people are moving here to retire, haha.

2 hours ago, Keyser said:

+1  I don't use TER at all.  Too much of a pain in the ass.

I agree 100%. TER does not play any part in my hobby activity. PITA.

"Also, I believe I have to jump through a few hoops to get a P411 account as well." 

I believe that you can be invited by a member of P411 that has had a session with you.

Just this week I opened an account after being told I am am listed "inactive". For so long I really did not care. I pay for advertising here and a few minor ad sites too. Well I just got a new review on their so I thought I better join the website. Lol now I need to learn how to navigate it. TOB is so easy to understand...all other websites are way to complicated. Oh and Eccie is ADHD on STEROIDS wayyy too many pop ups! You think that if Dolly Madison is going to pop up when yo click on a link? You should at least get a coupon for ice cream..Just my thinking mind you! Disturbing

😰😰

26 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Just this week I opened an account after being told I am am listed "inactive". For so long I really did not care. I pay for advertising here and a few minor ad sites too. Well I just got a new review on their so I thought I better join the website. Lol now I need to learn how to navigate it. TOB is so easy to understand...all other websites are way to complicated. Oh and Eccie is ADHD on STEROIDS wayyy too many pop ups! You think that if Dolly Madison is going to pop up when yo click on a link? You should at least get a coupon for ice cream..Just my thinking mind you! Disturbing

😰😰

Thanks for all the welcomes! I did pop into Eccie for a bit, but there were so many banners and a pop up or two. It made me forget what I was looking for!! Figured I'd stick to familiarizing myself with one site for now. Do I agree with you on the ease of navigation on this site, though! 

Mmm ice cream. 😍🍦

13 hours ago, Gemmachangofficial said:

Dually noted. That is an interesting point made, however aren't the 4,000 or so moving each month mostly milennials who are likely providers themselves or completely unaware of the business? That was just my assumption. I've been seeing a lot of Texas and California plates. I can't imagine people are moving here to retire, haha.

They are aware of the business but not how we do things. TOB doesn't pop up in a lot of search results unless you know what you're searching for. P411 is more widely known but it lacks reviews and new clients are generally looking for reviews or some sort of validity. TOB is ultimately the place for CO but we as providers do have to cast our net a bit wider to find those who don't use it.

I normally use TOB and p411.  TOB for the ads to find someone, and p411 to book.  I hobby less than once a month so don't feel like I should be relying on references.  p411 solves that for me.

I do sometimes look at TER reviews.  I don't have access to full reviews, but if someone doesn't have TOB reviews, or very few, then just seeing that they have reviews elsewhere helps show they are legit.

12 hours ago, Mike said:

I normally use TOB and p411.  TOB for the ads to find someone, and p411 to book.  I hobby less than once a month so don't feel like I should be relying on references.  p411 solves that for me.

I do sometimes look at TER reviews.  I don't have access to full reviews, but if someone doesn't have TOB reviews, or very few, then just seeing that they have reviews elsewhere helps show they are legit.

what Mike said. 

TER advertising is free. You look pretty, with good service you make money. I say go for it. If your advertising is making you money keep posting. If you don't like it then stop. The only reason I don't post on there right now is because I have other commitments and no longer need to. 

Edited by Nikki Holiday