Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucy Kitten

Truck Fire

17 posts in this topic

Anyone in DTC have their day screwed up because of the fire on I-25? It definitely put damper on my day and it looks like NB 25 is going to stay closed through night so I hope everyone has planned accordingly.

It took me an hour-and-a-half to get from Highlands Ranch to Lowry at 1pm (via side roads). At least I wasn't in the tanker truck! :eek:

The last time I25 was shut down at rush hour, it took me over 3 hours to get home from work....a 25 mile drive from one corner of the city to the other corner

26 minutes ago, Johnboy#1 said:

A major inconvenience for sure, but fortunately, there were no serious injuries.

http://www.9news.com/traffic/video-shows-person-leap-out-of-burning-tanker/444597596

Signature

That video is really scary, dude definitely inhaled a bunch of smoke and it looked like his leg was broken.  It amazed me how many people rubber necked instead of helping and didn't think it was that serious until the drivel crawled out of the truck.

6 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

That video is really scary, dude definitely inhaled a bunch of smoke and it looked like his leg was broken.  It amazed me how many people rubber necked instead of helping and didn't think it was that serious until the drivel crawled out of the truck.

looks to me that few people went running towards the truck to maybe help, how many people need to help before they are a look Lee? put your self in that situation and what would you do?

15 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

looks to me that few people went running towards the truck to maybe help, how many people need to help before they are a look Lee? put your self in that situation and what would you do?

Whoever that was was several cars back, I am not totally aware of the rules but not driving by a blazing truck seems like not a good idea. It's not just about even stopping and helping it's about being safe when there are blazing trucks on the highway.

7 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

It amazed me how many people rubber necked instead of helping

your words

8 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

your words

well let me rephrase since you seem to be persnickety. Helping is also includes staying clear of danger.

20 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Anyone in DTC have their day screwed up because of the fire on I-25? It definitely put damper on my day and it looks like NB 25 is going to stay closed through night so I hope everyone has planned accordingly.

I had a customer who was on his way with a $2,000 check for me yesterday afternoon call and tell me that he couldn't get through and wanted to reschedule for next week.  Fine, except I need my hooker-bucks today! Crap.

48 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

I had a customer who was on his way with a $2,000 check for me yesterday afternoon call and tell me that he couldn't get through and wanted to reschedule for next week.  Fine, except I need my hooker-bucks today! Crap.

That was pretty much my day all of my clients were south of the fire and I was north and all rescheduled for next weeks. But I don't need hooker bucks I need rent.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Whoever that was was several cars back, I am not totally aware of the rules but not driving by a blazing truck seems like not a good idea. It's not just about even stopping and helping it's about being safe when there are blazing trucks on the highway.

I believe the rule is you are obligated to provide reasonable assistance to the level of your ability to do so and are largely immune to liability if you try to assist to the level of your ability.  That would include trying to get someone out of traffic, call 911, give first aid IF you are certified to do so, etc.  But running toward a burning fuel truck - no, that is NOT anything the typical citizen should be expected to do.  To those that are brave enough to do so, God bless them.  What would I do - hope i would try to get the guy away from truck, etc.  But until one is in that situation you do not know how you will react. Realistically, if you have no training relative to fires and hazardous spills you are probably only going to be in the way.  

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

LOL, I had to drive all the way across town to deliver HB's. I was only 5 minutes late. Did not cancel, just took side streets. That being said it did take me a total of 15 minutes additional to get there. I just left early.

4 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Under the circumstances... Maybe a lady you know will offer you hooker credit. hahaha  That is the kind of stuff that happens to me. I feel for you buddy.