subtlysexy89

Independent, intelligent women

25 posts in this topic

One might rarely associate independence and intelligence with women who are stigmatized in everyday vernacular, but I would say we are historically paralleled to nuns--in our freedom to educate ourselves as we wish without the need for a man to dictate our autonomy. At least, this is my hope--my hope that we don't rely on anyone in particular.  Nevertheless, men have my appreciation and respect, so please do not confuse my fueled empowerment with a disdain for men.

Gentlemen are alway intrigued by the intelligent and independent women.  So bravo, and I raise my cup in toast to the intelligent and independent women in the world.  May they prosper and inspire the unintelligent to become gentlemen.

I doubt those particular artists view themselves as taboo...I was thinking of a movie I saw about a woman writer. It was unconventional for women to write and yet, this writer likely found a way to do what was important for her. Support her life?  Anyway...what couldn't be more opposite attain the same goals--Hildegaard and Amos...written music, different message.  Alanis and Apple...tell their stories more different. Wear a swan dress to an award show, well let's gossip about that. Conform. Comform. Be the consummate professionawwwl.  At the end of the day, seniority or belittlement is cynic masticate cynic. "Dog eat dog." 

12 hours ago, Volt Aire said:

Gentlemen are alway intrigued by the intelligent and independent women.  So bravo, and I raise my cup in toast to the intelligent and independent women in the world.  May they prosper and inspire the unintelligent to become gentlemen.

Sherlock Holmes is a pretty cool character. Jean Valjean. Emma. But who doesn't love a variation of "Taming of the Shrew?"

9 hours ago, Hot Violet said:

May I ask, Subtlysexy89, what inspired you to post this topic? I'm intrigued... Can you please elaborate on your thoughts about this?

What women are stigmatized present day that come to mind? I think of female musicians[ Alamos ( hybrid of Amos and Alanis)  lol autocorrect] .... 

Well. I hope that, with time, there won't be jocularity, popularity or valedictorarety. Capacity, Sarcastically, audacity, seniority, priority, majority or the distraction of vanity. Planet E. Come back down to it.

Just now, subtlysexy89 said:

Well. I hope that, with time, there won't be jocularity, popularity or valedictorarety. Capacity, Sarcastically, audacity, seniority, priority, majority or the distraction of vanity. Planet E. Come back down to it.

Understanding for arbitrary rules...only thoc c.f. f2f.  "Drrr d

17 hours ago, subtlysexy89 said:

One might rarely associate independence and intelligence with women who are stigmatized in everyday vernacular, but I would say we are historically paralleled to nuns--in our freedom to educate ourselves as we wish without the need for a man to dictate our autonomy. At least, this is my hope--my hope that we don't rely on anyone in particular.  Nevertheless, men have my appreciation and respect, so please do not confuse my fueled empowerment with a disdain for men.

No human being is without some form of dependency upon other human beings. I assume based on your words that this is a side thing, not your sole basis for income? Otherwise that would be completely contradictory to your statement. That being said, there are many women in this profession who depend on this to survive. In that case they are not independent from men at all. In fact, even if you've convinced yourself that this is merely supplemental, it's vacancy becomes unpalatable. I do like intelligent women but yeah, go vagina, or whatever.

4 hours ago, Vassago said:

No human being is without some form of dependency upon other human beings. I assume based on your words that this is a side thing, not your sole basis for income? Otherwise that would be completely contradictory to your statement. That being said, there are many women in this profession who depend on this to survive. In that case they are not independent from men at all. In fact, even if you've convinced yourself that this is merely supplemental, it's vacancy becomes unpalatable. I do like intelligent women but yeah, go vagina, or whatever.

I completely agree with you. I had a difficult time phrasing this the way that I meant it. That is why I tacked on the last part, meaning, I am appreciative of the opportunities I have to prevent myself from ending up in the hell that I have been in.  With that said, it wouldn't be without a degree of independence that I would even consider any of it. Unfortunately, this mindset vascillates between self loathing and confidence. I think that because of outer judgement, both parties may experience ethical dilemna. All I'm saying is...it depends on if I truly think about it and under which terms.  But it is awesome in my mind to take something that many people will drag through the mud and realize that it isn't NECESSARILY what it is portrayed to be. Imagine if we created a paradigm of the worst of anything we do. I mean, let's do the same thing to grocery shopping. We don't,  but isn't it possible to be told something is bad and then infer that everything surrounding it or resulting from it is bad. It's a fallacy to project what people should and shouldn't do based on our assumption of what it is. 

1 hour ago, subtlysexy89 said:

I completely agree with you. I had a difficult time phrasing this the way that I meant it. That is why I tacked on the last part, meaning, I am appreciative of the opportunities I have to prevent myself from ending up in the hell that I have been in.  With that said, it wouldn't be without a degree of independence that I would even consider any of it. Unfortunately, this mindset vascillates between self loathing and confidence. I think that because of outer judgement, both parties may experience ethical dilemna. All I'm saying is...it depends on if I truly think about it and under which terms.  But it is awesome in my mind to take something that many people will drag through the mud and realize that it isn't NECESSARILY what it is portrayed to be. Imagine if we created a paradigm of the worst of anything we do. I mean, let's do the same thing to grocery shopping. We don't,  but isn't it possible to be told something is bad and then infer that everything surrounding it or resulting from it is bad. It's a fallacy to project what people should and shouldn't do based on our assumption of what it is. 

This is common practice at the grocery store. I won't buy anything within six feet of the Spinach. don't even get me started on the beef tongue. before KingSoopers moved it to the end of the display I had to eat only chicken and pork for six months. :D

What you are realizing and wrestling with is something that most people NEVER realize. Additionally, VERY few who DO realize it choose to accept it. Much like "The Matrix", most of what we accept as correct, and real is ,in truth, complete bullshit. Politics, laws, religions, right and wrong, karma, the inherent good, duty, responsibility....these are a tiny few of the "universally accepted ideals of real and proper conduct."  Unfortunately, they are all totally UNREAL. They are made up shit. Layer, upon layer, upon layer of shit solely designed to control all people through brainwashed self control.  Long ago ambitious people learned that it was much easier to control the people with deception rather than force. Those who strive to live in luxury and rule, while the rest facilitate this merely for the right to exist needed constructs for the masses to self police. 

Most of these deceptions are ancient and have become naturally accepted as real for 1000's of years. Like the fact that the Earth is flat, people just accept and live as they have been conned and manipulated to live. Those who most vehemently demand obedience to the deceptions do so because they themselves do NOT obey said directives. They understand that their best opportunity to exploit others and have a totally free-hand exists in an obedient and self controlled population. To put it simply, they demand everyone obey, so that they don't have to. Look at politico's, business people, religious leader, etc. They get caught constantly doing utterly corrupt things ( corrupt by the standards they loudly with an iron fist impose on everyone.) God does not drop down and "punish them"....they don't get hit with a "Karma bomb". In almost all cases they get a slap on the wrist and it is excused by the deception "Well you know, power corrupts".  Bullshit. They are not "corrupt"...they are CARELESS. THEY invented the concept of CORRUPTION to destroy COMPETITORS and control the massholes. The fact is, they NEED people to believe that violators "will get their's eventually" because they know damned good and well that in fact violators WON'T get theirs, that they fully intend to violate, and they don't want PEOPLE to do anything. 

This brings us to YOU. Violating power hungry men have always exploited women for sex and other uses. The sex industry is looked down on from a moral judgement  place that is based on multiple gigantic lies. The fact is, a woman who is a provider exercises HUGE empowerment by actually taking advantage of the million+ dollars between her legs she was born with. Mining that resource only proves she is intelligent. The problem is, there are so many institutionalized deceptions, people cling to them. Most are interwoven with others and clinging to some, drag in the others. Love and marriage for example. Needed institutions of control. Truth? Man does not need "a woman", woman does not need "a man". Love almost NEVER "lasts forever", and that it is supposed to is a CONTROL DECEPTION. If people choose to couple up, fine, but it is completely unnecessary and there are no gods, heavens, hells, karma's or consequences for those that do not.

You are realizing that almost everything we are taught is horse shit designed ages ago to create self policing drones. You are choosing not to be a drone but feel pressure to be an apologist to various idealistic control deceptions your decision violates. Don't worry about it. The layers of deception run deep and are not ever going to change, however, you do not need to be bound by them OR apologize for calling Bullshit on them. In short, proudly say, "Fuck em".

53 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

What you are realizing and wrestling with is something that most people NEVER realize. Additionally, VERY few who DO realize it choose to accept it. Much like "The Matrix", most of what we accept as correct, and real is ,in truth, complete bullshit. Politics, laws, religions, right and wrong, karma, the inherent good, duty, responsibility....these are a tiny few of the "universally accepted ideals of real and proper conduct."  Unfortunately, they are all totally UNREAL. They are made up shit. Layer, upon layer, upon layer of shit solely designed to control all people through brainwashed self control.  Long ago ambitious people learned that it was much easier to control the people with deception rather than force. Those who strive to live in luxury and rule, while the rest facilitate this merely for the right to exist needed constructs for the masses to self police. 

Most of these deceptions are ancient and have become naturally accepted as real for 1000's of years. Like the fact that the Earth is flat, people just accept and live as they have been conned and manipulated to live. Those who most vehemently demand obedience to the deceptions do so because they themselves do NOT obey said directives. They understand that their best opportunity to exploit others and have a totally free-hand exists in an obedient and self controlled population. To put it simply, they demand everyone obey, so that they don't have to. Look at politico's, business people, religious leader, etc. They get caught constantly doing utterly corrupt things ( corrupt by the standards they loudly with an iron fist impose on everyone.) God does not drop down and "punish them"....they don't get hit with a "Karma bomb". In almost all cases they get a slap on the wrist and it is excused by the deception "Well you know, power corrupts".  Bullshit. They are not "corrupt"...they are CARELESS. THEY invented the concept of CORRUPTION to destroy COMPETITORS and control the massholes. The fact is, they NEED people to believe that violators "will get their's eventually" because they know damned good and well that in fact violators WON'T get theirs, that they fully intend to violate, and they don't want PEOPLE to do anything. 

This brings us to YOU. Violating power hungry men have always exploited women for sex and other uses. The sex industry is looked down on from a moral judgement  place that is based on multiple gigantic lies. The fact is, a woman who is a provider exercises HUGE empowerment by actually taking advantage of the million+ dollars between her legs she was born with. Mining that resource only proves she is intelligent. The problem is, there are so many institutionalized deceptions, people cling to them. Most are interwoven with others and clinging to some, drag in the others. Love and marriage for example. Needed institutions of control. Truth? Man does not need "a woman", woman does not need "a man". Love almost NEVER "lasts forever", and that it is supposed to is a CONTROL DECEPTION. If people choose to couple up, fine, but it is completely unnecessary and there are no gods, heavens, hells, karma's or consequences for those that do not.

You are realizing that almost everything we are taught is horse shit designed ages ago to create self policing drones. You are choosing not to be a drone but feel pressure to be an apologist to various idealistic control deceptions your decision violates. Don't worry about it. The layers of deception run deep and are not ever going to change, however, you do not need to be bound by them OR apologize for calling Bullshit on them. In short, proudly say, "Fuck em".

Dangerous Beauty. That is my construct. I've admired that independence ever since. Now would the end scene actually happen?Yikes.

The Matrix is ultimate doubt in order to affirm one's truth. Skepticism, Descartes. Or maybe I'm parroting...either way, I suppose I am trying to half my cake and eat it too. Save a little for later.

10 hours ago, subtlysexy89 said:

I doubt those particular artists view themselves as taboo...I was thinking of a movie I saw about a woman writer. It was unconventional for women to write and yet, this writer likely found a way to do what was important for her. Support her life?  Anyway...what couldn't be more opposite attain the same goals--Hildegaard and Amos...written music, different message.  Alanis and Apple...tell their stories more different. Wear a swan dress to an award show, well let's gossip about that. Conform. Comform. Be the consummate professionawwwl.  At the end of the day, seniority or belittlement is cynic masticate cynic. "Dog eat dog." 

Checkout Ani DiFanco

1 hour ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Checkout Ani DiFanco

Since that is in text I am not sure if that is a suggestion or a way of being funny as though I possess this musician's views or attitude. That's the funny thing about written word.

Dangerous Beauty. That is my construct. I've admired that independence ever since. Now would the end scene actually happen?Yikes.

The Matrix is ultimate doubt in order to affirm one's truth. Skepticism, Descartes. Or maybe I'm parroting...either way, I suppose I am trying to half my cake and eat it too. Save a little for later.

Well thats ok....the very people who claim "you can't have your cake and eat it too" are busy devouring their cake...and they are eyeing yours.

1 hour ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Checkout Ani DiFanco

But now I realize the other artists mentioned, so I guess thank you for the suggestion?

32 minutes ago, subtlysexy89 said:

Since that is in text I am not sure if that is a suggestion or a way of being funny as though I possess this musician's views or attitude. That's the funny thing about written word.

Shes great music

There will always be those that appreciate the autodidact, the subversive, independent, and exploratory thinkers.  Being with others like this can be extremely rewarding, or completely frustrating.

Then there are those who are threatened by them, and finally those that simply don't understand.  Some of these will simply leave you alone, others will actively harm.

8 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

There will always be those that appreciate the autodidact, the subversive, independent, and exploratory thinkers.  Being with others like this can be extremely rewarding, or completely frustrating.

Then there are those who are threatened by them, and finally those that simply don't understand.  Some of these will simply leave you alone, others will actively harm.

Everyone feels threaten by what they don't understand, or what they have been told by others is "evil". It is only when you learn and study the truth for yourself on any given subject you are truly free to see and are able to live that of your own freedom in life. Something to be said for allowing the Dogma of living life rule you. Most people that know me have heard me say that I am pretty fed up with "Rules and Regulations" anymore. 

Wishing you the best with finding greater understanding and meaning in your attempts to find your own  self Expression and love with how you choose to support yourself in life!

On 5/21/2017 at 1:06 AM, subtlysexy89 said:

.I was thinking of a movie I saw about a woman writer. It was unconventional for women to write and yet, this writer likely found a way to do what was important for her.

You watched a movie thats hardly true to life. I worked at the Oyster for decades and the owner and editor were women. Currently, I'm working on a mainstream movie written by a woman. My experience throughout my creative life was with talented and intelligent women. So its a puzzle as to why you think its so unconventional.

2 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

You watched a movie thats hardly true to life. I worked at the Oyster for decades and the owner and editor were women. Currently, I'm working on a mainstream movie written by a woman. My experience throughout my creative life was with talented and intelligent women. So its a puzzle as to why you think its so unconventional.

Is it not unconventional to find similarities a courtesan and a nun. Wow. All I was saying was that it made an impression on me .  You can't argue the significance this has played when it comes to myself not judging other women for making certain choices.  The choices don't just stop at their profession...sometimes they have to act practically. Historically they have had to act practically--not a fiction, though written beautifully as such.  Besides, who was it that said "well-behaved women rarely maked history?"

3 minutes ago, subtlysexy89 said:

Is it not unconventional to find similarities a courtesan and a nun. Wow. All I was saying was that it made an impression on me .  You can't argue the significance this has played when it comes to myself not judging other women for making certain choices.  The choices don't just stop at their profession...sometimes they have to act practically. Historically they have had to act practically--not a fiction, though written beautifully as such.  Besides, who was it that said "well-behaved women rarely maked history?"

Well behaved men rarely make history too.

2 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Well behaved men rarely make history too.

Touche  

Gosh, you people are smart, good vocabularies too.  Am I the only one sitting here thinking: WTF?

However, I have managed to distill enough of the thread to add my simple observation that one of the things I like most about this sport is that I have met so many intelligent, empowered, assertive women who have said "why should I sit in a cubicle for one-tenth of what I am worth, and take shit from a guy with half of my intelligence, when I can divest similar guys of a week's pay in an hour."  Damn, love these women.  Everybody else loved Matt Dillon, I had a crush on Miss Kitty when I was six.

7 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Gosh, you people are smart, good vocabularies too.  Am I the only one sitting here thinking: WTF?

However, I have managed to distill enough of the thread to add my simple observation that one of the things I like most about this sport is that I have met so many intelligent, empowered, assertive women who have said "why should I sit in a cubicle for one-tenth of what I am worth, and take shit from a guy with half of my intelligence, when I can divest similar guys of a week's pay in an hour."  Damn, love these women.  Everybody else loved Matt Dillon, I had a crush on Miss Kitty when I was six.

Factotum? Lol

Confidence and intelligence is a huge turn on.