Bit Banger

I slew The Dragon today

35 posts in this topic

Congratulations!!  Not a lot of folks out here know what The Dragon is. I moved out here from FL 6 months ago. Lived 10 years in FL before that. I used to ride up to the area twice a year at least. I hope you also got to ride a lot of the other roads up there.  I've been up and down The Dragon about 20+ times!   I have to say, since I've been out here,  the roads out here in the Mountains here are much more fun!

FB_IMG_1475105359663.jpg

Edited by BigDaddyB68
I type like an 8yr old

On 5/20/2017 at 9:29 PM, Bit Banger said:

I just want to say that THAT WAS NOT ME!!!

On the 3 Sisters in the TX Hill Country they have signs announcing how many riders were lost last year. I was surprised to not see similar signs on The Dragon. 

The authorities don't want to admit that people are riding that road that hard.

1 minute ago, lowboy said:

The authorities don't want to admit that people are riding that road that hard.

There used to be a question on the Drivers Test;

Can you take a curve faster on a Motorcycle then a car?

6 hours ago, Kaduk said:

There used to be a question on the Drivers Test;

Can you take a curve faster on a Motorcycle then a car?

That would depend on the COF, the ratio of contact patch surface area to loaded vehicle mass and the CG of the respective vehicles, assuming other conditions remained the same. 😜

For those who want pictures of The Dragon riders, check out KillBoy.  

Had a friend with a 750 Ducati who used to live in Cal. He found out quickly that Mulholland Drive was not the place to ride because all the cop hung out there. There were some canyon roads, however, where you could have a really good time. He also said that you could see Medivac choppers flying in and out of the canyons about every Saturday morning...