HOLY HAIL!!!!!!!!!!

31 posts in this topic

I hope everyone is ok from that freak HOLY HAIL storm that hit Denver Metro area :wub:

I know that at least a few of you have had unfortunate damage... I hope recovery is quick and relatively painless!

8 minutes ago, Bella Marie said:

I hope everyone is ok from that freak HOLY HAIL storm that hit Denver Metro area :wub:

You know what was popping in my head when I read this? Someone rolling around in the hail looking for salvation, or something religious like that! LOL! Hope you are having fun girlie!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Edited by SultryKitten

1 minute ago, SultryKitten said:

You know what was popping in my head when I read this? Someone rolling around in the hail looking for salvation, or something religious like that! LOL! Hope you are having fun girlie!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Weather is great! Just not looking forward to coming home to look at my baby :unsure:

1 minute ago, Bella Marie said:

Weather is great! Just not looking forward to coming home to look at my baby :unsure:

Ugh! Hear that! Mine has been having fun! Coasting on the waves, splashing the neighbors and pedestrians, blinding others behind her... Good times! ;)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I hate to say this because I saw the damage it did to some cars, but SW part of town didn't get hit hard or at all.

I got fuckin hammered. My 2016 Escape, in mint condition 20k miles, looks like I took a hammer to it. Skylights broke in the condo. Some other properties I have to pay attention as part of my job, Hey Zues, water standing in basements. Tenants hollerin at me big time, and because of the scope of this storm, I can't hire help fast enough. Or get effin insurance adjusters out to look at cars or buildings. They're telling me to get quotes 1st at this point. Let's revisit I can't hire help fast enough. The Colorado Mills being closed till the 14th is killin me. I've personally been harmed more in a storm, but this one was HUGE! I need a hug! :(

My office building has one of those covered portico entries - landlord is trying to make it look fancy.  When it started to hail on Monday, I jumped in my baby, drove her up on the sidewalk and parked under the canopy.  Just sat in it and listened to the tunes for 10 minutes until the storm passed.  Got lots of dirty looks from people who had to shuffle around my car to get in and out of the building, but fuck 'em, my baby remains unsullied while the rest of the parking lot got totally hammered.

I love my car.

My sympathy goes out to all who got hammered, it will take a lot of time and effort to get things back the way you want them.

Been there.

Here are some long distance(((HUGS))).... P.S. I'LL NEED SOME WHEN I RETURN😭😭😭😭😭😭

Hugs to those who suffered from Ft.Bragg, NC, where it's 90.

Visiting old haunts tomorrow. 

24 minutes ago, Bella Marie said:

Here are some long distance(((HUGS))).... P.S. I'LL NEED SOME WHEN I RETURN😭😭😭😭😭😭

I think we can take care of that!

Grrr. Drove through golf ball size hail. My windshield is trash, lost a window, lots and lots of dents. hail41.jpghail5.jpghail9.jpg

Having trouble uploading the pictures from my cell phone of my skylights that shattered sending plexiglass allover mud water dirt all over my living room. I was up until 4 A.M. slept until 6 and then both Bella and I were crying on the phone together. You know..you work your ads off for the little bit of nice you have. Well than something comes along and wipes it all away! Just unreal! Fighting with HOA and insurance people. Life!!

8 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Having trouble uploading the pictures from my cell phone of my skylights that shattered sending plexiglass allover mud water dirt all over my living room. I was up until 4 A.M. slept until 6 and then both Bella and I were crying on the phone together. You know..you work your ads off for the little bit of nice you have. Well than something comes along and wipes it all away! Just unreal! Fighting with HOA and insurance people. Life!!

Sorry you got hit.  I lost everything in the Fourmile fire in 2010, then double lost in the floods on the same property.  Rebound is a great badge to be able to wear at one point when it happens.  These things happen for reasons.

On 5/10/2017 at 10:25 PM, fred1964 said:

Grrr. Drove through golf ball size hail. My windshield is trash, lost a window, lots and lots of dents. hail41.jpghail5.jpghail9.jpg

Can you please pm me me as to up,lad or post pics within the forums as such.  Much thanks in advance

8 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Out of tragedy comes incredible strength 💗💗💗💗💗

Three skylights shattered Plexiglas all over the place and I am still picking up pieces of it tonight! Sad thing is that all that was protecting me from the sky in my home is a very thin layer of Plexiglas. just a little thinker than a piece of paper is all. Now all I have is plastic wrap and a thin piece of flimsy wood protecting my home from the sky. Surprised I have not had any birds or squirrels in here!? Well if they don't get on it? Pretty soon! :eek:

Bella is right though...We can all hang in there and make it through life. It is not the end of the world. Yet, between this and my car with it's new bumpy texture. It just makes me want to second guess myself on buying anything else in this state. I planted Flowers last weekend and the ones that were not completely under the eve's of my home got hit pretty hard too. Ohhh and they were so beautiful and full of gorgeous flowers (my hanging baskets)! Hopefully the flowers will come back again!

C_qpGu-VYAIMXnZ.jpg

C_qpGu-UAAAK-pt.jpg

10 hours ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Can you please pm me me as to up,lad or post pics within the forums as such.  Much thanks in advance

Instead of inserting media use the paper clip and choose files.

10 hours ago, Unclehazard91 said:

I use Tinypic.com. It's free. When on the 1st page make sure to pick the format under the resize tab. Let the program load is the secret. It works good on all forums. After you get it uploaded just copy and paste the IMG Code:

23m0t5g.jpg

15 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Three skylights shattered Plexiglas all over the place and I am still picking up pieces of it tonight! Sad thing is that all that was protecting me from the sky in my home is a very thin layer of Plexiglas. just a little thinker than a piece of paper is all. Now all I have is plastic wrap and a thin piece of flimsy wood protecting my home from the sky. Surprised I have not had any birds or squirrels in here!? Well if they don't get on it? Pretty soon! :eek:

Bella is right though...We can all hang in there and make it through life. It is not the end of the world. Yet, between this and my car with it's new bumpy texture. It just makes me want to second guess myself on buying anything else in this state. I planted Flowers last weekend and the ones that were not completely under the eve's of my home got hit pretty hard too. Ohhh and they were so beautiful and full of gorgeous flowers (my hanging baskets)! Hopefully the flowers will come back again!

Ugh... so sad for you. Hopefully the HOA and insurance are cooperative, and you are all fixed up soon. I'm glad you were not hurt by that skylight. :-)

9 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Thank you so much Audrey! You are such a sweetheart for the notice. One of these days you will have to come meet me for lunch or something!

Funny thing only my dinning room table and floors buckelled. The sofa and buffet have some damage too. I cleaned the water damage up took me 14 +hours. Spread over 2 days. I am still finding pieces of plexiglass. Still going over the mess. 

What kills me the most is we all work so hard for our money. Cost of living is way too high in the Mile High! 😥

2 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Thank you so much Audrey! You are such a sweetheart for the notice. One of these days you will have to come meet me for lunch or something!

Funny thing only my dinning room table and floors buckelled. The sofa and buffet have some damage too. I cleaned the water damage up took me 14 +hours. Spread over 2 days. I am still finding pieces of plexiglass. Still going over the mess. 

What kills me the most is we all work so hard for our money. Cost of living is way too high in the Mile High! 😥

Maybe when the new Google campus opens in Boulder you all will have an influx of new clients with an insane amount of disposable income.

It hailed so hard and scared me so much I almost had an orgasm.

They are finally going to repair my house this week.Thats how much damage that hail storm did.Most of my neighbors are going to be jealous.

2 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

.Most of my neighbors are going to be jealous.

Jealous of what?

4 hours ago, inkspot said:

Jealous of what?

Roofers are backed up like a year in some places...

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:28 AM, Lucy Kitten said:

Instead of inserting media use the paper clip and choose files.

Anybody - where is this paperclip.  Forgive me, I am an analog guy in a digital age.

10 hours ago, inkspot said:

Jealous of what?

the fact most of them won't have their roofs done until november

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Anybody - where is this paperclip.  Forgive me, I am an analog guy in a digital age.

Bottom left corner when replying or posting.