Jenniferxj6

Dinner with client for free?

72 posts in this topic

Best to make sure expectations are known. I keep this part of my life separate from my other life. One time after an appointment (we had seen each other a few times) she asked what I was up to for the rest of the day and asked if I would want to go grab lunch or a coffee with her right then. Wished I could've it would have been fun, but didn't work for me at the time. I would have understood the rules that it wasn't going to be like a free session.

I love having dinner or lunch with a gal, but I always leave her 2 hour donation, even if she chooses to linger longer. It's just my way of telling her I appreciate her time and companionship. I've never had a gal reject my second invite, if we both had a good time on the first. But I'm selective on my invites...

I have no issues with having a meal with someone I consider a friend. It really doesn't need to be complicated. 

17 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I have no issues with having a meal with someone I consider a friend. It really doesn't need to be complicated. 

Breakfast, lunch or dinner with a friend without expectations is a very enjoyable time. It is friends enjoying each other's company.

If expectations aren't discussed beforehand, it IS complicated. 

Let'say I'm scheduling for two hours, have lunch first....hooker says after I pay the bill: "Gonna meet you in the rest room. You: Say what? Hooker: Well, you scheduled 2 hours, but we've spent an hour and 10 minutes having lunch, so I'll just quickly suck you off."

See what I mean?:mellow:;)

Edited by 2Big

That my friend would be shitty ho doing.

37 minutes ago, Laci French said:

That my friend would be shitty ho doing.

Disagree, boundaries need to be defined. It's not shitty for a provider to give the exact amount of time paid for. Expecting time to go beyond what was paid for because there are no "services" is a shitty trick thing to do.

I was meaning it would be shitty to not tell a gentleman dinner is on the clock. Spending time off the clock is a personal choice for everyone and there is no right or wrong. 

3 hours ago, 2Big said:

If expectations aren't discussed beforehand, it IS complicated. 

I would venture to say that if expectations aren't discussed beforehand,  it's almost guaranteed to get complicated. Caveat emptor goes back a bit....   

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

I was meaning it would be shitty to not tell a gentleman dinner is on the clock. Spending time off the clock is a personal choice for everyone and there is no right or wrong. 

My second time hobbying (and first time meeting that provider) she didn't tell me drinks were going to be on the clock.  I was under the impression we were screening each other and would move back to my place and start the clock then.  Not so much.

Given we were only having a beer beforehand it didn't hurt too much but a lost half hour is a lost half hour.

2 hours ago, Poodle_Doodle said:

My second time hobbying (and first time meeting that provider) she didn't tell me drinks were going to be on the clock.  I was under the impression we were screening each other and would move back to my place and start the clock then.  Not so much.

Given we were only having a beer beforehand it didn't hurt too much but a lost half hour is a lost half hour.

Who suggested drinks? I would never assume, especially the first time you're meeting a provider, that any time would be off the clock. Under the impression is the same as assumed, you should always ask for clarification.

9 minutes ago, Laci French said:

If there is no right or wrong then the provider in 2Big's scenario didn't do anything shitty. Providers and clients are both responsible for making sure boundaries are clear. And no client ever should assume that anything is free, off the clock time is the exception and not the rule.