Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnboy#1

Tech Question.

14 posts in this topic

On my desktop, I'm running Windows XP and use the latest Firefox browser.

Previously, when perusing BP, I could right click on a video and an applet would appear.

I would click on the  "view video" part, and the vid would play.

Now, when I click (right or left) on a video, I get nothing.

Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Johnboy#1

Signature

Check and make sure you Adobe Flash and Shockwave are up to date.  Also make sure Java is up to date.

I have to update those regularly in order to view videos from news wen sites and other sites.

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Check and make sure you Adobe Flash and Shockwave are up to date.  Also make sure Java is up to date.

I have to update those regularly in order to view videos from news wen sites and other sites.

Are current updates for adobe flash, etc. even available for XP?  I loved XP when it came out, but geez, half the ladies here were barely entering first grade at the time. 😀 Maybe time to spring for new computer. lol

28 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Are current updates for adobe flash, etc. even available for XP?  I loved XP when it came out, but geez, half the ladies here were barely entering first grade at the time. 😀 Maybe time to spring for new computer. lol

That's the question but if you go to the sites and check for updates it'll let you know what OS it works on. 

If anything try a different browser like Chrome first. 

Edited by JoDoe27

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

This.

Not knowing what plugin/app OP is using, but, the last Firefox update (March?) is the last for XP (security patches aside). And in that, they dropped the old plugin protocol (NAPI). So, could be old, incompatible plugin. 

ADD: as others have stated, try to update your Flash, plugins, etc.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

Slightly off topic:  I thought I was the last holdout for XP, since it is such a pain to change all of the computers at my company, but I finally bit the bullet and bought all new hardware, and migrated to Windows 10.  Do it!  Do it!  Do It!  Windows 10 is so much faster, more reliable, better in every way, and computers are so cheap today it is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

Slightly off topic:  I thought I was the last holdout for XP, since it is such a pain to change all of the computers at my company, but I finally bit the bullet and bought all new hardware, and migrated to Windows 10.  Do it!  Do it!  Do It!  Windows 10 is so much faster, more reliable, better in every way, and computers are so cheap today it is ridiculous.

And big brother, (bill gates) knows everything  you do on the 'puter.

Even paranoids have enemies.

Google chrome started blocking flash by default a while ago.

Edited by TS Madison Proudmoore

18 hours ago, Johnboy#1 said:

XP does not protect you from the all seeing, all knowing eyes of Corporate America and the Government, which are one and the same. You are watched 100% of the time by Artificial Intelligence at the IP source regardless of your device or operating system. Even people who spout off about "this or that is secure and I know it" are full of it because the NSA and Office of Homeland Security has Carte Blanche in the name of anti-terror, and so do Corporations in the name of "service upgrade ability" So put privacy out of your mind.....you can't have it unless you are 100% NO TECH. ( No computer, no smart phone, no flat TV) Now, as for your problem...XP is just too old and the number of things no longer able to interface with it increases exponentially on a daily basis. May as well upgrade.

Yeah, the NSA knows I am a slut, but I think they don't really care.  They might as well know that I am an up-to-date-operating-system kind of slut.

On 5/3/2017 at 4:05 PM, BadBoy said:

Slightly off topic:  I thought I was the last holdout for XP .

I still have one computer in both Pasadena and Denver that runs on XP. I love the camera wizard function that XP has that all the other upgrades do not.Sure comes in handy. Windows ,however,no longer updates XP. That said,all of my other computers and laptop are on Windows 10. No smart phones yet,rather not be online 24/7 myself. But I am curious how often people do internet on their phone vs on their computer.

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

I still have one computer in both Pasadena and Denver that runs on XP. I love the camera wizard function that XP has that all the other upgrades do not.Sure comes in handy. Windows ,however,no longer updates XP. That said,all of my other computers and laptop are on Windows 10. No smart phones yet,rather not be online 24/7 myself. But I am curious how often people do internet on their phone vs on their computer.

Personally, I don't own a computer, or a laptop or tablet. Everything I do is on my phone. It just seems it's always more handy.

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

23 minutes ago, Juanmotai said:

Personally, I don't own a computer, or a laptop or tablet. Everything I do is on my phone. It just seems it's always more handy.

In my work,I need a computer.Phones seem much more limited for what I do.

On 5/3/2017 at 5:20 PM, Johnboy#1 said:

He knew what you're doing with XP and all other versions of Windows. The other Big Brother knows too. Privacy is a fantasy.