When providers are sick....

57 posts in this topic

As a client would you rather a provider cancel when they are sick.... or would you rather them not?

Please always cancel when sick or it quickly spreads in the community.  

I do not want to see anyone that even suspects they might be sick because it ping pongs around with my family.

Hope you feel better quickly if this was about you personally.

I would appreciate her honesty and would rather she be at her best when we're together. There's no need to expose your clients to a bad bug as it could make them sick too.

Hope you feel better soon if this is about you (I hope not though)

Edited by MrBigShot

Illness happens. If a lady is not feeling well, I'm sure she would cancel rather than spread the flu or whatever she has.

And as guys, we should understand that illness happens and is out of everyone's control and not blame the lady for being sick.

I think the same should go for clients as well... if you're sick please cancel👍 thank you all for concern... I do believe in cancelling if provider is sick or client is sick....

Yes, this is probably going to come off as bitchy Lucy but this answer should be obvious. You should absolutely cancel when your sick. The personal contact involved in this business needs we all need to be more responsible about spreading illness. Colds, flu and viruses can be just as dangerous as STDs.

Definitely cancel.   BTW, all you clients out there should do the same,  I have canceled appts with providers when I became sick.

Beautiful Bella, If this was you I hope you get well soon!

Just now, CountryGentleman said:

Beautiful Bella, If this was you I hope you get well soon!

Thank you for concern but this is just a question to make sure no one gets upset about a sick provider cancelling❤❤❤❤❤

3 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Yes, this is probably going to come off as bitchy Lucy but this answer should be obvious. You should absolutely cancel when your sick. The personal contact involved in this business needs we all need to be more responsible about spreading illness. Colds, flu and viruses can be just as dangerous as STDs.

I totally agree Lucy👍❤🌹😆

All the responses have been helpful and well... very responsible. Not in the least bit "bitchy" IMHO to this real concern that affects all of us occasionally.

I think its always the right thing to cancel on either end.  It's important to hobby only when healthy.  I've been more pissed when someone exposes me to something than I've been pissed from someone cancelling an appt due to illness, IRL and elsewhere.

It's no sign of strength when budding "Typhoid Marys'" drag their hacking, sniffling, nauseated butts to any job let alone one involving the exchange of intimate fluids. Stay home and stay out of the grocery store, office, theatre and buffet line. That perfect attendance award misled a lot of folks. 

1 minute ago, Unclehazard91 said:

I think its always the right thing to cancel on either end.  It's important to hobby only when healthy.  I've been more pissed when someone exposes me to something than I've been pissed from someone cancelling an appt due to illness, IRL and elsewhere.

I know that a lot of guys have to sneak in time to visit providers but can y'all please stop doing so after doctors appointments?? Exposure sucks and comes in so many different varieties. Obviously not directed at you but it's amazing the things people just don't think about. Awesome that Joe Blow just had a bunch of cancerous moles removed from his back but please don't book with me right after the appointment. I don't want your weepy bandages on my bed and Joe Blow shouldn't really be in an environment that exposes his recent wounds.

What scares me more than anything is MRSA and staph infections. Working in a hospital and learning how not clean they really are really stressed me out.

48 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

That wasn't bitchy Lucy. It was accurate.

Cancelling if you're sick should be a given.

If a lady cancels at the last hour because she is sick, guys don't write a no-show review on her.

Ladies, if a guy cancels at the last hour because he is sick, don't blacklist him or put him on VerifyHim.

We all need to respect and understand that people can and do get sick suddenly.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I know that a lot of guys have to sneak in time to visit providers but can y'all please stop doing so after doctors appointments?? Exposure sucks and comes in so many different varieties. Obviously not directed at you but it's amazing the things people just don't think about. Awesome that Joe Blow just had a bunch of cancerous moles removed from his back but please don't book with me right after the appointment. I don't want your weepy bandages on my bed and Joe Blow shouldn't really be in an environment that exposes his recent wounds.

What scares me more than anything is MRSA and staph infections. Working in a hospital and learning how not clean they really are really stressed me out.

MRSA is scary Lucy! Out break of it at my daughter's college few years back. Kind of like impatago (not sure if I am saying that right)and herpies rolled in together yuk! 😷

What I love about this thread is how much people actually care about themselves, others and their families.  :)

I always cancel when I am sick- even the slightest. 

What if you get sicker while you are with them ? Will they put you all on the " I never want to see him again list " ? 

I don't think I have even seen a provider who has been ill- and if i did, I would leave gracefully

I will play the devil's advocate and state that just because somebody sneezes/coughs/looks sick doesn't mean they are. 

I have severe allergies that I fight daily with 4 different meds, and I completely have one or all of those symptoms. I am not contagious, but my ailment is not curable. 

I know other clients that have similar or non contagious things, and they deal with them too. These are not things that should disqualify us to still work, or see people. It is literally something that we have to live with for the rest of our life.

Yes, if you are sick or have been exposed to other people that are sick PLEASE reschedule. Honesty and communication go a long way.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I agree with all of the above, but would add that it is polite to communicate as early as possible.  I have had a couple of cancellations like "I have been feeling under the weather for a couple of days, so I need to cancel our appointment that is supposed to take place in 45 minutes."  Actually, it is not in those words, what usually happens is that I confirm that I am on my way (actually in my car) which prompts the reply.  Of course you need to cancel if you are sick (although I suspect it sometimes means "hung over"), but please give us enough warning to make other plans - this works both ways, of course, gents too.

18 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

I agree with all of the above, but would add that it is polite to communicate as early as possible.  I have had a couple of cancellations like "I have been feeling under the weather for a couple of days, so I need to cancel our appointment that is supposed to take place in 45 minutes."  Actually, it is not in those words, what usually happens is that I confirm that I am on my way (actually in my car) which prompts the reply.  Of course you need to cancel if you are sick (although I suspect it sometimes means "hung over"), but please give us enough warning to make other plans - this works both ways, of course, gents too.

Lol...yes...but when you rarely drink..(one glass maybe every few weeks) that isn't the case....allergies are totally understandable unless you're a phlegming mess and look like Jabba the Hutt with slime running down your face😂😂😂😂😂

11373552_866431930099901_1340383708_n.jpg

Edited by Bella Marie

3 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

OK, I lied.  They weren't really moles.  They were genital warts that flew North for the spring.  Burn the sheets.  Sorry kitten.

1 minute ago, Unclehazard91 said:

OK, I lied.  They weren't really moles.  They were genital warts that flew North for the spring.  Burn the sheets.  Sorry kitten.

LOL!!

Agreed, especially when some equate it to hospital stays. 10 tears age on Thanksgiving this year, I lost one of my best friends. He went for gall bladder surgery, contacted the dreaded staph infection, and never saw home again. That being said I committed the cardinal sin. I took Bella homemade chicken soup, a brick of saltines, and some noodles just in case she wanted noodle soup. Passed through the door and ran lol. J/K :P Hope you feel better Bella.

13 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

Agreed, especially when some equate it to hospital stays. 10 tears age on Thanksgiving this year, I lost one of my best friends. He went for gall bladder surgery, contacted the dreaded staph infection, and never saw home again. That being said I committed the cardinal sin. I took Bella homemade chicken soup, a brick of saltines, and some noodles just in case she wanted noodle soup. Passed through the door and ran lol. J/K :P Hope you feel better Bella.

Thank you👍❤😉👄🌹

4 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

You didn't take her any "cream of sum yung gai" soup? I bet that would have helped a lot! ;)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

16 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

As a client would you rather a provider cancel when they are sick.... or would you rather them not?

Yes PLEASE let us know! I cancel when I am sick. I don't want to share an illness and certainly don't want to catch a cold or Strep or what have you.

:cool:

19 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

ALWAYS cancel.   Last thing anyone wants to pick up a germ from someone else,be it a cold,flu or something worse. You can always reschedule. Give each other advance notice .

Changing the subject a bit, there is currently a HIV breakout in the adult video industry and shooting has been shut down. If you are a travelling girl that shot in LA over the last 6 months,get thyself checked out pronto. Even if you have used condoms. (they are porous ).

21 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

ALWAYS cancel.   Last thing anyone wants to pick up a germ from someone else,be it a cold,flu or something worse. You can always reschedule. Give each other advance notice .

Changing the subject a bit, there is currently a HIV breakout in the adult video industry and shooting has been shut down. If you are a travelling girl that shot in LA over the last 6 months,get thyself checked out pronto. Even if you have used condoms. (they are porous ).

That's only natural skin, membrane, or lambskin. Latex IS NOT porous. 

3 hours ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

Yes PLEASE let us know! I cancel when I am sick. I don't want to share an illness and certainly don't want to catch a cold or Strep or what have you.

:cool:

Lol... I'm all better...thank you ❤😚🌹😆

13 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Btw....all better...thank you for soup👍😚😆