When providers are sick....

57 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

You didn't take her any "cream of sum yung gai" soup? I bet that would have helped a lot! ;)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Lol...😂😂😂😂😂 no it was " cream of strong fearless man" soup❤🌹❤🌹❤

5 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

ALWAYS cancel.   Last thing anyone wants to pick up a germ from someone else,be it a cold,flu or something worse. You can always reschedule. Give each other advance notice .

Changing the subject a bit, there is currently a HIV breakout in the adult video industry and shooting has been shut down. If you are a travelling girl that shot in LA over the last 6 months,get thyself checked out pronto. Even if you have used condoms. (they are porous ).

I'm almost certain this "outbreak" has been going around since i was a kid 31 years ago! 

4 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

Lol... I'm all better...thank you ❤😚🌹😆

That reminds me of the time, a bunch of us guys were sitting around on break. There was one gal, cute, but naive. Apparently she had a cold coming on and said, "My throat is sore, I need something hard to suck on". You could have heard a pin drop. No one said a word or laughed, until she left

LMAO.😂

Edited by a_happycamper_12
Punctuation

1 hour ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

That reminds me of the time, a bunch of us guys were sitting around on break. There was one gal, cute, but naive. Apparently she had a cold coming on and said, "My throat is sore, I need something hard to suck on". You could have heard a pin drop. No one said a word or laughed, until she left

LMAO.😂

I would have had no choice but to scream "That's what she said" before she even finished that sentence....   I would have no control over that.

21 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

I have severe allergies that I fight daily with 4 different meds, and I completely have one or all of those symptoms.

Agreed!  I am now experiencing Allergies I have never had!!! I even got a sudden attack on the elevator 2 minutes from a clients door and totally freaked out about cancelling because of booger nose and waterfall eyes LOL..thank goodness after a heavy dose of Benedryl & him being understanding he agreed to push back the appointment...

I always wondered if the guys Knew the Diff between an Allergy attack or Sickness??

36 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

Agreed!  I am now experiencing Allergies I have never had!!! I even got a sudden attack on the elevator 2 minutes from a clients door and totally freaked out about cancelling because of booger nose and waterfall eyes LOL..thank goodness after a heavy dose of Benedryl & him being understanding he agreed to push back the appointment...

I always wondered if the guys Knew the Diff between an Allergy attack or Sickness??

This stuff has set me free from allergy and asthma meds.  It's incredible....   

http://www.rootologyhealth.com/

I never had allergies or issues before exposure to th Fourmile Fire in 2010, then I was plagued with symptoms.  Was on several meds and inhalers.  This helped me get off all of them.

Also there is a nasal wash/gargle called Alkolol that is all natural and really helps clogs and gooky throats etc.

15 minutes ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Fixed it for ya ;) lol

Also there is a nasal wash/gargle called Alcohol  that is all natural and really helps clogs and gooky throats etc.

Edited by Chrissy
Cause Im a nerd !

9 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

ALWAYS cancel.   Last thing anyone wants to pick up a germ from someone else,be it a cold,flu or something worse. You can always reschedule. Give each other advance notice .

Changing the subject a bit, there is currently a HIV breakout in the adult video industry and shooting has been shut down. If you are a travelling girl that shot in LA over the last 6 months,get thyself checked out pronto. Even if you have used condoms. (they are porous ).

I am tested about every 90days, and I have the ability to provide proof with my real name on the paper work if a client asks for it. I use this as part of my advertising. 

9 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Before this turns into widespread and unfounded panic - no they are not porous to HIV and other STI's if they are latex or polyisoprene (NOT lamb skin, etc!!!)  The risk of transmission if used properly UNLESS they tear (or per another thread are intentionally removed) is near zero UNLESS you have open wounds outside the coverage area and have fluid contact with same.  Nothing but abstinence is 100 percent.  It should still be standard practice for anyone engaging in this so called hobby to get tested regularly regardless.

More info here, for those that prefer facts:

https://www.cdc.gov/condomeffectiveness/latex.html

As to original topic - cancelling when sick - please do, especially guys.  Why especially guys?  Well if a lady with say the flu does not cancel or tell me and I get sick, that does suck.  But most of the guys in this hobby (me included) have good enough jobs, etc. to have paid leave time be it sick leave or vacation, etc. to take a few days off.  No harm to income.  Ladies on the other hand, if they have to stop work for a few days that is potentially a major dent in their income and may be the difference between paying the rent or not.  Do not be an ass hat - cancel if you are sick.

3 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Most do...I had a conversation with a client today, and he was reacting to the pollen due to being in the garden. They just seem to get worse and worse every year. I think social media has really been educating people on illnesses that people wouldn't think about, and people are becoming more aware of auto immune diseases and what they entail. One of the positive things about the internet. :)

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

It was a joke love :)

Ahhhh....

14 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

That's only natural skin, membrane, or lambskin. Latex IS NOT porous. 

I actually did  intense research on this in the pre- AIM days and did a write up that first appeared in the Oyster and was adopted by AIM, FSC and PAW. Your belief is flawed.

9 hours ago, SabrinaLynn said:

I'm almost certain this "outbreak" has been going around since i was a kid 31 years ago! 

Off and on,mostly off. The industry standard was a monthly test.  When a talent tests positive,its an industry wide shut down for 60 days.

1 hour ago, JRWolfe said:

I actually did  intense research on this in the pre- AIM days and did a write up that first appeared in the Oyster and was adopted by AIM, FSC and PAW. Your belief is flawed.

Latex in general has porous holes that are roughly 5 microns in size. Small enough to stop sperm but not quite small enough to prevent certain STDs like HIV which is about .1 micron in size. But unlike latex gloves condoms are dipped twice in latex to add an additional layer of protection and are held at a higher standard than other traditional latex items. I don't know what the standard is at the moment but at one point if 4 in 1000 condoms failed the leak test then the entire batch was discarded and never made its way to the public. With that said, you can still contract an STD while using condoms with the greater chance of getting something through contact with your skin or through unprotected oral. 

Please feel free to post any factual information you have because it would be helpful. For such a sex driven community it's actually strange how little people willing want to discuss STD transmission. Or how quickly the conversation goes into "knowing or being ok with the risk" when the risk is never fully evaluated. 

20 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

Latex in general has porous holes that are roughly 5 microns in size. Small enough to stop sperm but not quite small enough to prevent certain STDs like HIV which is about .1 micron in size. But unlike latex gloves condoms are dipped twice in latex to add an additional layer of protection and are held at a higher standard than other traditional latex items. I don't know what the standard is at the moment but at one point if 4 in 1000 condoms failed the leak test then the entire batch was discarded and never made its way to the public. With that said, you can still contract an STD while using condoms with the greater chance of getting something through contact with your skin or through unprotected oral. 

Please feel free to post any factual information you have because it would be helpful. For such a sex driven community it's actually strange how little people willing want to discuss STD transmission. Or how quickly the conversation goes into "knowing or being ok with the risk" when the risk is never fully evaluated. 

Check out Barry Cooper on YouTube.   His never get busted agsin video dhows that almost everything is porous

5 hours ago, Chrissy said:

It was a joke love :)

3 hours ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Ahhhh....

im glad he posted, this i need this. So i can stop using the one with chemicals in it. 

On 4/27/2017 at 3:02 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

MRSA is scary Lucy! Out break of it at my daughter's college few years back. Kind of like impatago (not sure if I am saying that right)and herpies rolled in together yuk! 😷

Between you,Kali and Furious and Fishndude.... I'm healed....thank you all for your kindness❤❤❤❤❤

Bella,

You know we love you!!!😘 😘So happy you are feeling better!!😍😍

Laci, BellaMarie.. I agree with you both about clients and providers being responsible regarding sickness. I've canceled with my favorites because any hint of cold, flu, feverish. Neither of us need to be ill. We have enough to deal with on a daily basis!

Stay healthy everyone! May 1st is here!

1hapyfeller!

Frankly, I want the woman to be on her A-game when I see her.  I don't want your "I took some medicine and im a little out of it but ya im available" stuff, I want to hear your "I'm fresh out of the shower, feeling like a million bucks and READY TO GET IT ON" version of yourself.

So ladies, PLEASE cancel if your sick:)  I promise to do the same!

I once had a well reviewed lady on this board who I was scheduled to see, call me and say she had torn a ligiment in her knee 2 days before her appointment. She said she was really sore, but willing to see me if I didn't mind that she was not that mobile. I could tell she really wanted to cancel, but did not want to be rude.  I told her I would reschedule when she was feeling better, which I did.  I much appreciated that she had the courtesy to let me know of her condition ahead of time. 

Cancel for sure. It might disappointing but would rather not have an unwanted souvenir of our visit. Even if it takes a while would rather have a great experience and fun memory.