BadBoy

Draft Day Is Tomorrow - A Recommendation

13 posts in this topic

So, tomorrow is the first day of the NFL Draft, also known as "Draft Day."  I would heartily recommend that football fans (or even those with just a passing interest) watch the movie "Draft Day" tonight.  It's fairly old (2014) so it probably is on Netflix or On Demand, I know it is on iTunes and Amazon video.  Not only is it just a great movie, Kevin Costner is actually very good and Jennifer Garner is great, but it really illustrates what is actually going on behind the scenes during the NFL Draft that makes following the actual draft much more interesting.

Also a great set of supporting actors: Denis Leary, Terry Crews, Ellen Burstyn, Sean (Puff Daddy) Combs, Sam Elliot (I love that guy),  and tons of folks playing themselves (Roger Goodell, Mel Kiper, even Jim Brown).

Can't recommend it highly enough - it's not just about football, it has a great backstory love affair (Costner and Garner) as well as a very interesting plot line about family dynamics.

Edited by BadBoy
Fix Typo

I am not a huge football fan- but I did watch this movie- Good Stuff.  I also started watching Ballers on HBO some time ago which gives you hints to what draft day is about -

I was really hoping this post was about draft beer.... :)

I'm a huge football fan but the draft doesn't really excite me much. 

Random sports related thought, we should start one of those awesome company softball teams. The "pimps and hoes" team

22 minutes ago, TS Madison Proudmoore said:

Random sports related thought, we should start one of those awesome company softball teams. The "pimps and hoes" team

In order to stay within the theme of the OP's thread perhaps it should be a "touch" football team rather than a softball team? Also, may I suggest a different name for the team?

TOB's Sex Addicts and Pleasure Merchants

47 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

In order to stay within the theme of the OP's thread perhaps it should be a "touch" football team rather than a softball team? Also, may I suggest a different name for the team?

TOB's Sex Addicts and Pleasure Merchants

Excellent idea. TOB can sponsor us too

"Perverts and Pleasure Merchants" also has a nice rhyme to it but it's a pejorative to the Johns errrrr, I mean clients. LOL

Good luck running that sponsorship memo past the Mods, Madison.

P.S. If I try out for Quarterback, will you hike me the football? I'll promise to stand real close so you don't fumble the snaps;)

Aw jeeze, just look what you perverts do to my perfectly innocent thread (although I have to admit that snapping under center with Madison does have a certain allure).

Sorry we hijacked your thread BB. I couldn't resist running with the football when Madison tee'd it up so nicely for me:D

6 hours ago, TS Madison Proudmoore said:

Fantasy football provider league. people draft providers, if a provider on your team gets a review you score a touchdown. if it's a bad review you get a field goal. :D

On 4/26/2017 at 7:00 PM, Juanmotai said:

I'm a huge football fan but the draft doesn't really excite me much. 

It's still a good movie Juan. Those suits behind the scenes in the NFL fucking hustle for their paychecks. It's not really about the draft as we see it on TV but a behind the scene look at one team and how it works. It really is fun and Kevin Costner has never made a bad sports movie (except for Love of the Game).

Lol.. I like the movie Lucy. I was just saying that the actual NFL draft doesn't excite me. :D