Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mhguy69

Did Amazon just launch an Echo for the hobby?

6 posts in this topic

Saw that Amazon just announced a new Echo that would appear to be tailor made for the sexy selfie market. Voice activated, intended to take full length shots, could this be the end of the mirror selfie?

Amazon Echo Look

And amazon will collect them all as metadata....

A personal assistant with a camera,  voice activated , continuously connected to the internet?  I'm gonna say my personal safety, privacy, and security are more important than having "Alexa" take my pic for me. Sooo... Nope!   

We have one of the Google Home devices in my living room. It's more limited in its abilities than the Amazon product.  It is basically a music and information outlet. You can ask it questions and it searches the web for the most appropriate answer. Honestly it settles more arguments than anything.. However, on occasion in the middle of a conversation it will interject it's self and offer a comment about the conversation.  It's spooky as fuck!  That thing is listening to everything all the time.

With all the hacking that takes place now, it seems to me that someone can hack in and spy on you and watch you with the camera. What if you are walking around naked or do something else?

Most of those devices including your phone when using will store that data...using it to better the service however you can shut that off and erase it from your google history. Every word or sentence you have ever verbally asked your phone is logged. Big brother is watching

19 hours ago, mhguy69 said:

Saw that Amazon just announced a new Echo that would appear to be tailor made for the sexy selfie market. Voice activated, intended to take full length shots, could this be the end of the mirror selfie?

Amazon Echo Look

Hey,bad enough that the mirror selfie took away good honest work. Lets not give anyone any ideas now about the new Echo !!!