Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cowboy

Question on PMs

5 posts in this topic

So, I want to be respectful of personal space and privacy, but I am wondering, hypothetically if someone, ohhhh, I don't know, we'll call him "cowboy" has an interest in making the acquaintances of a fine lookin' filly and sees said filly online is it ever appropriate or acceptable to pm said filly to make known his *ahem* interests known?? And while I am at it, what in tarnation good does it do to "follow" a provider.. I had simple-mindedly thought it might serve as an expression of interest or complimentary in nature, but maybe the perception of the 'followed' party is different, maybe even wandering a bit into the world of "creepy".. I won't deny having done this, but its all on accounta' I am not on here much and kinda' shy.. yep!! sadly, even in this non-threatening forum.. still painfully shy

7 hours ago, cowboy said:

So, I want to be respectful of personal space and privacy, but I am wondering, hypothetically if someone, ohhhh, I don't know, we'll call him "cowboy" has an interest in making the acquaintances of a fine lookin' filly and sees said filly online is it ever appropriate or acceptable to pm said filly to make known his *ahem* interests known?? And while I am at it, what in tarnation good does it do to "follow" a provider.. I had simple-mindedly thought it might serve as an expression of interest or complimentary in nature, but maybe the perception of the 'followed' party is different, maybe even wandering a bit into the world of "creepy".. I won't deny having done this, but its all on accounta' I am not on here much and kinda' shy.. yep!! sadly, even in this non-threatening forum.. still painfully shy

This is my personal opinion. When I'm working, I don't want to chat, or trade emails, with a potential client. However, I do have to have converstions with people to gain business, so I set aside some time(s) each day to respond to requests for information. People who want to schedule work, get first priority, serious inquiries about work are second, and questions with little/no chance of making me money are answered last.

Also, most girls will put contact preferences (no text, text only, please call, P411 peferred, etc.) in thier ads. I would guess, that following those preferences, will result in better response percentages.

So, I would recommend contacting the women, using the method they prefer, and ask about scheduling an appointment. I think that will get the best response.

I agree 100% with Pfunk. Read the profile / ad and respond accordingly.

As for the "follow" feature, I'm pretty sure that just notifies you when a post is made by that user. Unlike Twitter where the number of followers is worn as a badge of honor, I don't think most people pay much attention to it here. If you want to flatter or impress a provider, follow her booking instructions and give her all the screening info up front. Immediate commitment like that gives a great first impression.

I occasionally use the PM feature for a private response to a post. I try to not let this drag into a long, involved conversation. (Ex: A few weeks ago a new to the area member commented about the lack of a particular music venue. I PMed the location of said venue, instead of blathering away on the board.)

As for booking appointments, follow the provided instructions. 

To the OP, I'm going to be as blunt as I can.  While we gents appreciate chatting with ladies here in the forums, chat room, PMs etc, and letting them know of our intended interest, to many (not all ladies) this is strictly a business for them.  Flattery is great for many ladies to hear, but let's face it, they probably get flattered more often than not in and out of the hobby.

IMO, only contact a lady when you are getting ready to book or checking on their availability in the near future!  Otherwise, it could be a crap shoot that may backfire on you when you DO want to see them.  Good luck!