Spring is here😆❤😆

40 posts in this topic

Ok...so now that spring is here...does anyone have suggestions on what fun things there is to do around here? Outdoors❤😆❤

Edited by Bella Marie
Clarifying

EVERYTHING 😂😂

What do you enjoy?  Come ride horses with me and go hiking.

There's White Water Rafting and Kayaking just a month or so from peak runoff, Cave exploring in Glenwood Caverns, also the hot springs of Glenwood Springs, Taking in a Rockies game at Coors Field on a sunbaked afternoon, You can also hop on your bike and take advantage of the numerous biking trails in most cities, The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colo Spgs, I also hear there's going to be a gathering at Civic Center Park on 420 @ 4:20 p.m. 

Denver Zoo is nice.   Most people don't think about it, but many of the ski resorts have great summer activities like alpine slides, mountain biking, hiking, dining with awesome views, etc.

I go Ziplining..... Alot;) and ALWAYS take a Royal Gorge Train ride this time of year .. Make sure to Bring a buddy. Its awesome!!

A concert at red rocks, the botanical gardens, hiking mount sanitas in Boulder, the Saturday farmers market in Boulder. 

Not CO, but, ideal time to visit the desert SW places. Central UT/Moab, AZ, NM. Heat is not oppressive yet, sunny, great sights. Or to stick to CO, Western Slope/state line areas.

Back in May 2012, managed to see the annular eclipse on the center line of its path in UT (with some great camping night before in a locale where I was about the only one for miles), hiked in Cedar Breaks (and free, since park was not officially open for the season), side trip to Vegas, then caught the opening of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (never been on that side; again, camping just outside the park, great spot up a Forest Service road where I was the only one there). If I recall correctly, that big road trip included a return visit to Monument Valley, quick visit to Valley of the Gods, and a drive up the Moki Dugway.

Basically, kids still in school, families and others in general are not traveling, so ideal time to hit places before they get crowded and broiling hot.

ADD: speaking of eclipses, there will be a total eclipse August 21, 2017, with the centerline being in our relative neighborhood. Excuse to hit some states/areas one has not been to.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

A truly underappreciated thrill is fucking BadBoy in the treeline on the edge of a meadow in Rocky Mountain Park, followed by a nice hike and skinny dip under one of the waterfalls.

If that doesn't sound as great as it should, you could just go for the hike in Rocky Mountain Park up to the waterfalls without the BadBoy part, but you would be missing out. B)

Also, if you are new to the mountains and in fairly good shape, a hike up Mt. Bierstadt is a great way to "bag" your first fourteener, is pretty easy, and makes you feel like one of the privileged souls.

6 hours ago, CountryGentleman said:

Denver Zoo is nice.   Most people don't think about it, but many of the ski resorts have great summer activities like alpine slides, mountain biking, hiking, dining with awesome views, etc.

It's weird to me that people forget the mountains in the summer time. The hiking trails stay busy and the resort towns have fun stuff to do year round but it's never as busy in the summer as it is during ski season but it should be. So many things to do and the sights in the summertime are breathtaking.

I actually went to the zoo on Easter. It was fantastic, the weather was perfect and the animals were enjoying it. I saw my second baby gorilla and turned into a giant Lucy puddle.

Thank you all for such good advice😆.... 

Many different things to try❤

Red Rocks concerts, and the hot sprins outside of Steamboat. Strawberry Spings.  Boulder or Longmont farmers markets.  moose watching.  There is also a trail ride place near me.  ill get the name of it and tell you

6 hours ago, Chrissy said:

I go Ziplining..... Alot;) and ALWAYS take a Royal Gorge Train ride this time of year .. Make sure to Bring a buddy. Its awesome!!

I love Royal Gorge Train!  It's something I always take out of state guests to.  Went twice in two months late last year.

Great Sand Dunes National Park.........go sand sledding.  Its a blast.

Gardening season soon to start for me!😀😀🌸💐🌷🍀🌹🌻🌺🌾🌼🍃🐫🐪🐆🐈🐩

One of my favorite weekend getaways is the small mountain town of Grand Lake. Plenty of outdoors things to do, good restaurants, fun shops and Rocky Mountain National park....

On 4/20/2017 at 11:23 AM, Chrissy said:

+1 on the train - specially when there are moderate temperatures and taking the open cars.  Zipline - have you done the one that crosses the gorge? :)

I actuAlly favor Vail zipline and a couple in the South just because I am used to them and know the courses.. But I have ridden that Gandala thing across the gorge. Awesomeness!!

Hot springs are good anytime of year... especially if you can skinny dip at them... ;-)

On 4/20/2017 at 7:59 AM, Laci French said:

EVERYTHING 😂😂

What do you enjoy?  Come ride horses with me and go hiking.

Oh I want to do that!

On 4/20/2017 at 7:54 AM, Bella Marie said:

Ok...so now that spring is here...does anyone have suggestions on what fun things there is to do around here? Outdoors❤😆❤

I like to rent a cabin in Estes Park. Usually take the Harley's but we have a new pup. So we take the Tahoe, rent a cabin, do doggie friendly things, Estes Park is a dog friendly community...And we have a great time! A most assured good time!

1 hour ago, sparkey600 said:

I like to rent a cabin in Estes Park. Usually take the Harley's but we have a new pup. So we take the Tahoe, rent a cabin, do doggie friendly things, Estes Park is a dog friendly community...And we have a great time! A most assured good time!

So YOURE one of the Harley tourists that wakes me up in Ned on the way to Estes.... serves me right for living on a canyon highway✌️

Just now, Unclehazard91 said:

So YOURE one of the Harley tourists that wakes me up in Ned on the way to Estes.... serves me right for living on a canyon highway✌️

BTW, the hotel in Ned is dog friendly when the cabins at Estes are booked.

9 hours ago, Unclehazard91 said:

LOL... I love the Sandwich shop there! I try to go when ever the weather is a perfect 80degrees and get passed by atleast 10 Bikers every single time ;)

33 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

LOL... I love the Sandwich shop there! I try to go when ever the weather is a perfect 80degrees and get passed by atleast 10 Bikers every single time ;)

The deli owner is my bud.  You're officially my favorite tourist now too.

4 minutes ago, Unclehazard91 said:

The deli owner is my bud.  You're officially my favorite tourist now too.

Sweet! Then I wont feel bad asking you to ask him To get a bigger Drink selection LOL 

42 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

Sweet! Then I wont feel bad asking you to ask him To get a bigger Drink selection LOL 

Good drinks at the co op next door.  I tried to get him to get better drinks and he said he cant compete with co ops selection