Laci French

What makes you beautiful souls happy?

57 posts in this topic

the absence of anxiety,  a sweet 60s cardigan sweater, sloths

On 4/13/2017 at 11:18 PM, SultryKitten said:

Coffee!!!

Okay, okay...sunbathing like a snake in the sun listening to waves while drinking champagne. Yes, that is a bucket list I will do someday.

My little miracles that God gifted me with to love. Some good sex. Watching my favorite comedies. Horseback riding. Dark chocolate. Walking in the middle of the night to the stillness of Earth. Reading. Meeting different people. Eating food. Taking a hot bath or lounging in a hot tub. Jammie's. Smelling roses. Finally laying down to sleep at night.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Yes to all of these things.

I think you nailed it! Nice job! I would add "sitting in the hot tub and watching the stars" one of my favorite things besides my wonderful dog.

16 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Obviously learning to walk again has been a slow progress over the last year ,stamina is getting there . Relearning boinking again will be a thrill. Getting back to work ,even though its part time,really has been a morale lifter. 

Sending Reiki! For those of us who take our health for granite! May you remind us about being thankful!

Helping others.  Traveling, experiencing the world and other cultures.  Tender hugs and kisses.  And dark chocolate. :)

I think i'm still looking for the peace and quiet we all seek but few of us ever find.

3 minutes ago, tide32 said:

I think i'm still looking for the peace and quiet we all seek but few of us ever find.

you'll be taking a dirt nap soon enough.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Pink said:

you'll be taking a dirt nap soon enough.

If im lucky. :unsure:

At the moment I am thinking back and butt snd hips body rub. Preferably deep tissue. Creamy chocolate flowers walking in sunshine swimming in deep water and sunshine. I love music my favorite song of the day. It's spring/summer it's party time. 

https://youtu.be/qf0aHI_a8d0

52 minutes ago, tide32 said:

well, we'll all be pushing up daisy's soon enough.

On 4/13/2017 at 10:35 PM, Laci French said:

I want to know what makes all of you happy in life. 

Please share with me...

Laci, this is a very good post! Thank you!!!

What makes ME happy? Well, first off, my screen name says it all!:). I am a Happy camper. Not much gets me down. I have a great life, a great job, and enjoy the beautiful ladies on this board!

Last Summer I had a VERY bad motorcycle accident I am nearly fully recovered. But it made me appreciate that we are here for a short while even though it seems like a long time. So you better enjoy the ride while you can because it could all end, LITERALLY, in an instant!

9 hours ago, a_happycamper_12 said:

.... But it made me appreciate that we are here for a short while even though it seems like a long time. So you better enjoy the ride while you can because it could all end, LITERALLY, in an instant!

Like horses toward the barn, the end of the ride seems to go faster. 

Old race cars and what most would judge to be incredibly depressing Scandinavian doom music (but I absolutely love the stuff)!

finding out there's a gym inside the "multigenerational" center near my house that charges $13 for membership...a year! no excuses now

On 4/15/2017 at 0:16 PM, tide32 said:

On 4/15/2017 at 0:31 PM, tide32 said:

Just "wing it"! :P

retire.jpg

Love all the answers! 

My happy is...family, tamales, fresh seafood, sunrises/sunsets, my dogs, my horses, Ms Yote, feeding all the geese, ducks and birds, long hikes, feeling the sunshine, seeing the beauty in everything and every situation, movies & pizza, fly fishing, music, being there for someone in need, owning my life and all my choices, God, laughing with friends, wind chimes, photography, starbucks, flowers...the list is endless.

I choose to be happy each day no matter what life throws at me. All a beautiful adventure and if you love life it will love you right back!

2 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Love all the answers! 

My happy is...family, tamales, fresh seafood, sunrises/sunsets, my dogs, my horses, Ms Yote, feeding all the geese, ducks and birds, long hikes, feeling the sunshine, seeing the beauty in everything and every situation, movies & pizza, fly fishing, music, being there for someone in need, owning my life and all my choices, God, laughing with friends, wind chimes, photography, starbucks, flowers...the list is endless.

I choose to be happy each day no matter what life throws at me. All a beautiful adventure and if you love life it will love you right back!

I wanna be your dog.

Connections - of all kinds.  Connection to music, connection to the written word, connection to people.  

Having connection in the company of a beautiful woman....  then the rest doesn't matter for at least a little while.

Loving hands rubbing aloe on sunburned skin.

Waking up in the middle of the night to find my cats snuggled close.

Wandering around new cities with my headphones in. I make playlists catered to cities and seasons. Shutting out the world and putting my own soundtrack to it is existential.

Clipping my cuticles.

Catching my favorite movies randomly on TV.

The bear hugs I get from my best friend and favorite person in the world.

The electrifying energy of thunderstorms. Snowstorms and blizzards have their own romance too.

Smoking a cigarette and watching the sun rise.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

... Wandering around new cities with my headphones in. ...

Most of these are great, especially finding cats smuggled. 

But, I would caution you about 'new cities with headphones'.  Compromising your situational awareness in new environments is not the best plan. Safety first!

I found a new one last night. Walking in a gentle rain is always soothing. Doing so naked is even better. 😜

21 hours ago, Laci French said:

Love all the answers! 

...the list is endless.

I choose to be happy each day no matter what life throws at me.

Finally. 

For me, happiness is an inside job.  If it's a function of "things," I'm screwed.  However, that's a difficult perspective for me to maintain without daily reminders. 

Just had all my kids at home for Easter...  Man!  I really miss them.  It was a hoot hearing them laugh and have fun together!  :):D

collect memories and experiences ... rather than objects. I love to travel and see the world! 

The scent of a woman (to use a title). They're  sweet embrace, the kiss, and the "I missed you." How special it is. Thanks to you few who gave me that....😘