NoCoGeezer

PSA: Don't Flush

16 posts in this topic

Condoms are also a real problem for septic & sewage systems.  They don't degrade!  The same can be said of disposable wipes. 

Instead of flushing a used condom, it is wise to rinse it thoroughly before throwing it in the trash. I heard at a legal workshop that neighbors have been known to go into the trash, looking for evidence that there is a brothel. (I hate nosy people!) Why let the evidence be available when you can take a few minutes to remove it?

5 hours ago, rachelsonoma said:

Instead of flushing a used condom, it is wise to rinse it thoroughly before throwing it in the trash. I heard at a legal workshop that neighbors have been known to go into the trash, looking for evidence that there is a brothel. (I hate nosy people!) Why let the evidence be available when you can take a few minutes to remove it?

Seems like a stretch. All they could prove is that people had sex. Sex isn't against the law. 

18 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Seems like a stretch. All they could prove is that people had sex. Sex isn't against the law. 

+1

Condoms were part of the evidence when Boulder's Wildflowers agency went down 10-15 years ago. Condoms, appointment book sheets were some of the physical evidence police dug out of the garbage after neighbors complained about unusual going-ons in the residential cul-de-sac they setup shop in.

True, probably can't pin a rap on someone on condoms alone, but better safe than sorry.

Seem to recall a provider or two on this board mentioning they pack in, pack out their condoms when using hotel/motel, so as not to leave any hint behind (drop the condoms in a gas station garbage can, for example). Also seem to recall a couple of provider stories about embarrassment re: condom clogged toilets and the landlord.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

It's not a stretch though, the article mentions that it used pipes clogged with condoms to help bust a brothel. There are even a few states that will happily arrest women with condoms on them. Condoms are often a tool used against us in this business and people are crazy nosy. It's not a far fetched idea to get rid of that evidence as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, JRWolfe said:

What this country needs is a biodegradable condom !

I was just saying to someone the other day that we need the Condom Genie, like the one for diapers but for condoms. Drop it in the trash twist it off and have a little condom pear necklace to throw away.

remember all the prosecutor has to do is convince a jury.  I used to have a  neighbor that was very nosy.  She would ask me about who was coming to my house. That was before I got into this hobby.  My new neighbors don't care and I don't even know their names.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

It's not a stretch though, the article mentions that it used pipes clogged with condoms to help bust a brothel. There are even a few states that will happily arrest women with condoms on them. Condoms are often a tool used against us in this business and people are crazy nosy. It's not a far fetched idea to get rid of that evidence as soon as possible.

True, but neighbors digging through the trash to prove a brothel existed is a stretch. Unless the neighbors saw money exchanged, theres no proof. I'd file harassment charges. Now then, let's not mention the balls it takes to run a brothel out of a house. Single individual can go unnoticed, but lots of guys and gals coming and going is a recipe for disaster. And i totally agree, dont leave them behind. I dont flush them, bad for the environment. 

Guys always flush it whenever I'm doing an outcall do a hotel. Never understood that. Hotels must have really good plumbing...

On 4/17/2017 at 1:03 AM, rachelsonoma said:

I'm sorry but this is just GROSS!

On 4/28/2017 at 0:30 PM, SabrinaLynn said:

I'm sorry but this is just GROSS!

Exactly what I was thinking. "That's just nastyyyyyyy"  *Cleveland voice*

Thanks again, regarding etiquette and proper disposal of condoms.