Jez UaBriain

Why "freebies" are not the norm..........

55 posts in this topic

I cant imagine begging for free sex from a provider.

People actually do this?  I might not even ask as a joke.  It only cheapens the whole experience.

I especially love the response of, " I have $50, I am a real nice guy!" *Click*

I have had clients come in and try to get cheaper prices because, as they tell me, I am a regular now right? No, you're not!!! My regulars earn their place to regularly see me, and even then I still have my rules, regulations, and guidelines set to ensure safety, comfort, and reliability for them to WANT to come back. If it is their bday, heck yeah, I will do my best to give him the hour of his life, but not for free...that is when it becomes a "conflict of interest".

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

1 hour ago, Unclehazard91 said:

I cant imagine begging for free sex from a provider.

So, when a provider says "i wouldn't fuck you for free" it's an economic thing. Thank gob!! :D:huh:

Last night i was asked. Someone who saw me last summer. Asking for a refrence After that he asked me if after  visiting  her if it would be ok to just stop on by? I hit the block button. Very disrespectful on many levels

: . Embarrassed now that i gave him a refrence.  

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

1 hour ago, H2Opieluver said:

Perhaps you mean wannabe clients and not one-a-be clients?

Actually I believe Jez is correct in her phrasing. One-a-Be clients. I am sure many a provider can relate to that....

#justsaying.....B)

I spoke to one of our Top Ladies yesterday, the guy not only would provide refs, but actually wrote a no show review and submitted it on here for not giving a freebie. It got quashed before posting. I actually did my 1st QV a couple of weeks back. Was taking her a friendly gift, purposely had on my light wallet and kept tellin myself "Self Behave", nope dammit didn't happen. Saw hew again a couple of days later and made up for it then.

42 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Last night i was asked. Someone who saw me last summer. Asking for a refrence After that he asked me if after  visiting  her if it would be ok to just stop on by? I hit the block button. Very disrespectful on many levels

: . Embarrassed now that i gave him a refrence.  

So are there two types of clients out there, those that are cheap like this, always trying to make the scam?  

And then those that treat it as their pleasure to be generous, that are proud they've made to the point in their life that they can live this lifestyle?

Now that cute waitress at the cafe I might beg a little...

4 minutes ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Now that cute waitress at the cafe I might beg a little...

IMG_2357.JPG

In about 3 weeks I will tick another year older and the idea of birthday play will make it's annual whisper in my ear. I have heard over the past 20 years or so of "birthday freebie's" on occasion, but I can't imagine how a guy would have the gall to ask for one! What Jez said about "when they do get a freebie they should appreciate it" sounds like the understatement of the year!  I would think any fellow so fortunate would become a devoted paying regular, but it sounds like instead they become a devoted regular pain in the ass. Frankly, it's kinda hard for me to envision how such a freebie would happen for a guy who was NOT a regular in the first place. Ahh well...I guess it's that male ego the size of a cathedral thing again...If a lady offers a freebie, the guy just assumes he is a major league stick man and she can't get enough of his world class moves. 

2 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

So are there two types of clients out there, those that are cheap like this, always trying to make the scam?  

And then those that treat it as their pleasure to be generous, that are proud they've made to the point in their life that they can live this lifestyle?

There is a third type, the type that pays the asking price but not without a little attitude.

I recently upped my rates for all clients and even the nicest of my regulars couldn't figure out what all clients meant. Got a couple of texts "Hey Lucy I saw you raised your rates for all clients but you're still cool with $3.75 right?"

5 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

And when we do give you a freebie, you gents seem to think we will always want to give you a freebie.  Sorry guys, it just doesn't work that way. This is a business to us. And don't get me wrong- I am having a ball doing it.( Pun intended) But our services are not to be expected as free .Ever. A gift is a gift. Don't take it for granted.

I find the same thing happens when I give away my services for free. Do it once,  and they expect it all the time. The consulting I do should be compensated, doesn't have to be money or 1099, but something should come back in return.  

Reminds me of this thread on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/40hlo2/how_to_tell_familyfriends_youre_not_the_geek_squad/ I love the response about, 'how bout you mow my lawn'.  <- no pun intended.

Everyone services have a worth and value has to be maintained. 

not 4 free.jpg

Edited by Citori

52 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

There is a third type, the type that pays the asking price but not without a little attitude.

I recently upped my rates for all clients and even the nicest of my regulars couldn't figure out what all clients meant. Got a couple of texts "Hey Lucy I saw you raised your rates for all clients but you're still cool with $3.75 right?"

In your experience, why do you think guys ask for freebies or feel as though they're entitled to one? Or offer up unwarranted attitude as you suggest?

I don't put it past anyone to try to get away with really anything. So it comes as no surprise to me these things actually occur. It just seems as though they'd stem from somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

In your experience, why do you think guys ask for freebies or feel as though they're entitled to one? Or offer up unwarranted attitude as you suggest?

I don't put it past anyone to try to get away with really anything. So it comes as no surprise to me these things actually occur. It just seems as though they'd stem from somewhere. 

Um...I don't know...maybe because many of us guys might possibly be arrogant, egotistical, manipulative, cheap ass bastards?

5 hours ago, daaacz said:

People actually do this?  I might not even ask as a joke.  It only cheapens the whole experience.

Oh yeah. Theres always that one m-fer who does...more like three, really. Very, very, VERY few of these elusive "freebies" have ever been given by me in 15 yrs...and not one of them was asked for, and they all involved having feelings for the lucky guy. He knows who he is :) And he knows he better not brag either ;)

7 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Um...I don't know...maybe because many of us guys might possibly be arrogant, egotistical, manipulative, cheap ass bastards?

Is that a question or a statement? I don't think it's just a guy problem but a human nature issue; to try to get more for less. I'm asking specifically in the instances it has occurred was there something particular about the person(s) asking or if it came out of the blue. Does it happen often? Like I said, I don't put it past anyone. It would just be good/interesting to have the women expound on this. 

34 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

I think some guys ask for freebies and discounts because it's been successful for them in the past. I think others determine what they're willing to pay and disregard posted rates because they've already determined what they value the product at. And also what the Admiral said, some dudes are just cheap, manipulative bastards who think they're doing providers a favor by offering them any money at all.

3 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I think some guys ask for freebies and discounts because it's been successful for them in the past. I think others determine what they're willing to pay and disregard posted rates because they've already determined what they value the product at. And also what the Admiral said, some dudes are just cheap, manipulative bastards who think they're doing providers a favor by offering them any money at all.

They also see

• some YL's offering discounts for reviews. 
  • Available now Specials 
  • Old reviews with a lower rate 

So my guess is they think, doesn't hurt to ask. But they are wrong, it does hurt to ask if the answer is no. 

Look if the YL has a rate higher than I want to pay for, I don't contact them. I mark them excluded on P411, so next time I'm in their city, I never see them in the list. 

1 hour ago, Citori said:

They also see

• some YL's offering discounts for reviews. 
  • Available now Specials 
  • Old reviews with a lower rate 

So my guess is they think, doesn't hurt to ask. But they are wrong, it does hurt to ask if the answer is no. 

Look if the YL has a rate higher than I want to pay for, I don't contact them. I mark them excluded on P411, so next time I'm in their city, I never see them in the list. 

I guess there is always "ad fatigue" where, he sees the ad, becomes a regular, and knows the amounts.  And he stops reading the ads in their entirety, merely sees "Ohh there's availability today!" and not the updated pricing.  Still should be handled respectfully when the new rates is pointed out though, and not try to bargain the time.  This is a good reason to always have a little extra in the wallet so this doesn't cause too much of an issue.

8 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Gentlemen, here is why we don't offer you a "freebie"". Because then the dynamics of the client/ provider relationship changes.  I have heard this from my sister providers, and experienced this myself.   Often we ladies will  hear from our clients and one- a- be clients, "How about a b-day freebie ,babycakes".   In answer to that one- when has anyone given you a gift with a value in the two to three hundred dollar range? Your  SO maybe, and that is a easy bet that doesn't happen frequently.

And when we do give you a freebie, you gents seem to think we will always want to give you a freebie.  Sorry guys, it just doesn't work that way. This is a business to us. And don't get me wrong- I am having a ball doing it.( Pun intended) But our services are not to be expected as free .Ever. A gift is a gift. Don't take it for granted.

Pretend it's a freebie, because that's hot on so many levels.....the envelope is on the dresser as usual. :cool:

One lady told me her response to guys that try to lowball her is "For $50 you can come over and I'll give you a kick in the balls". That made me perk up and I said "Cool, how often do you run that special".

10 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Gentlemen, here is why we don't offer you a "freebie"". Because then the dynamics of the client/ provider relationship changes.  I have heard this from my sister providers, and experienced this myself.   Often we ladies will  hear from our clients and one- a- be clients, "How about a b-day freebie ,babycakes".   In answer to that one- when has anyone given you a gift with a value in the two to three hundred dollar range? Your  SO maybe, and that is a easy bet that doesn't happen frequently.

I agree mostly, but as of late, I have been getting requests from ladies, for me to come see them. They are out of the blue texts. 
I recognize a surreptitious form of solicitation when I see it. Help offered where help is not needed, is often no help at all.
How do you adjudicate for one side over the other? Because that's the side you belong to? 

I don't intend any disrespect, Jez. I admire your wisdom, but from my own perspective, things seem to be working the other way around.

Vassago from your perspective, where the ladies are calling out of the blue- I think I would be inclined to take it as a compliment. It would seem that besides your money ,but that  they also like to visit with you. They probably think you're a fun guy. I base that on my own experiences because I have some regular gentlemen that I feel that way about.I truly do enjoy visiting them, getting naked with them, playing with them. These gentlemen have a better chance of getting a discounted rate versus a freebie because I don't want the dynamics of the provider / client relationship to change 🍀

Edited by Jez UaBriain

1 hour ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Vassago from your perspective, where the ladies are calling out of the blue- I think I would be inclined to take it as a compliment. It would seem that besides your money ,but that  they also like to visit with you. They probably think you're a fun guy. I base that on my own experiences because I have some regular gentlemen that I feel that way about.I truly do enjoy visiting them, getting naked with them, playing with them. These gentlemen have a better chance of getting a discounted rate versus a freebie because I don't want the dynamics of the provider / client relationship to change 🍀

No, I completely agree with you that it's disgusting for a client to just blatantly ask for free sessions. I have never and will never do that. But sometimes things get confusing when they shouldn't be. There are gray area conversations that lead to innuendos and suggested invitations. Ultimately this results in disappointment.

Here is the other side of the coin!

How many of you guys have had a provider contact YOU and offer YOU a free one in exchange for a review?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

And by the same token ladies. Have you ever done that?

Well it happened to me! A lady reached out to me, unsolicited and OFFERED ME a free visit in exchange for a review!

And please don't ask me who, my lips are sealed!:rolleyes:

So now, when we visit each other the subject never comes up. We have a set rate. She is one of my favs, and we always enjoy each other's company. At least I think she enjoys mine. You never know do you!

5 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

But aren't you in fact changing the relationship by making the cold call? The part about liking the guy's company could be misconstrued as possible feelings and an elevated status beyond a typical client.

Note I do agree with you on asking for freebies and for that matter reduced rates. So I'm not disputing that.