Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daaacz

Easycrypt

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

We should all be concerned with our privacy online--not only because of the nature of this business, but because we deserve a right to privacy as citizens. Because I'm so concerned with my privacy, I recently started using a new product called Easycrypt. It's an email encryption product that is free and hooks directly into your email service provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.). The only problem with it right now is that it's still in beta. It works great, but has limitations. For one, it's impossible to use on a smartphone. They don't have a mobile app yet (but they're working on it) and the webmail interface doesn't work properly on a phone. These will all be worked out in the future and it looks like it will be an awesome product.

If you're interested, let me know and I can send you an invitation (I need your email address, so a PM is probably best). You can sign up for their waiting list, but invitations from existing members are much quicker.

Edited by daaacz
PM junk added

I use protonmail.com.  Works on all platforms.  Paid version has many nice features.  Free version isn't bad either.  I'm totally excited for when easycrypt gets out of beta me is cross platform though.

That and SurfEasy makes it super easy to be more protected on any device 

13 minutes ago, Unclehazard91 said:

That and SurfEasy makes it super easy to be more protected on any device 

You mentioned SurfEasy before.  I'll have to give them a shot.

Its my favorite vpn client right now

One of you guys needs to break this down into plain English for those that may not entirely understand what you're talking about.

Products like Protonmail are becoming more and more popular with providers but there are still many that are clueless about a lot of this stuff. A good breakdown of what these different things do and how to use them I think would be helpful.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

One of you guys needs to break this down into plain English for those that may not entirely understand what you're talking about.

Products like Protonmail are becoming more and more popular with providers but there are still many that are clueless about a lot of this stuff. A good breakdown of what these different things do and how to use them I think would be helpful.

So proton mail encrypts your email while it is in transit so that only you and your recipient can read it.  if it was ever intercepted, no one could read it.  ProtonMail also goes further and offers anonymous services as well as further encryption where the recipient needs a password to open the email.

Surf Easy is a virtual private network.... essentially it masks your IP address, which is what identifies your device or internet account and location.  That way the info you generate when vrowsing etc doesnt really look like it comes from you, and becomes valueless to trackers, advertisers, data collectors etc.  There are many VPN options.  i like surf easy cuz it has great customer support, less bugs than other ones like tunnelbear, and works on all devices and operat8ng services, in the background, so anyone can use it easily.   i also use wickr for instant messages for similar reasons and features.