VanillaSwurl

Comfort and relaxation

40 posts in this topic

What are some things that you gentlemen would like as a provider to have at my place that will make you more comfortable and will make you feel welcome? A bottle of water upon arriving? A glass of wine? What kind of music sets the tone for you? What about candles lit?  What creates the perfect atmosphere to be comfortable and relaxed!

For me anyway, nice and clean environment. Bottled water not a glass as I'm a scared cat anyway on 1st meeting and shaking anyway. I like a sit down chat to begin with as well. One of the Ladies I respect most, insists on a chat 1st. Even though I've been on this forum a bit now, and have a few refs and some of the Ladies know me, if she didn't like me...out the door I go. I think that makes me most comfortable and why I usually see someone 1-1.5 hours for 1st meeting. Cannot stand 3G Ladies. My $.02.

A smile along with a warm greeting goes a long way for me. I'm not too much of a water drinker until after the session is over, either. Background music is fine but I don't want it so loud that we have to shout to have a conversation. Just a little soft music playing in the background for ambiance is the key. The reason I'm there is to see YOU. If you're relaxed and welcoming then my experience will likely be more enjoyable and I'm more likely to schedule a follow up visit. If you're stressed about some decoration or display that is more important to you than me, then we're both likely to miss the mark completely.

Keep it simple and understated for us guys and we'll appreciate the experience just as much as if you've gone all out.

44 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

For me anyway, nice and clean environment. Bottled water not a glass as I'm a scared cat anyway on 1st meeting and shaking anyway. I like a sit down chat to begin with as well. One of the Ladies I respect most, insists on a chat 1st. Even though I've been on this forum a bit now, and have a few refs and some of the Ladies know me, if she didn't like me...out the door I go. I think that makes me most comfortable and why I usually see someone 1-1.5 hours for 1st meeting. Cannot stand 3G Ladies. My $.02.

Pretty much agreed here.  A couple thoughts, candles and strong scents, they're tricky, with some folks having allergies, etc.  

Offering wine or something like a shot of whisky is nice, the worry is the occasional gent who will want to go overboard in imbibing due to nervousness or even being an alcoholic.  Having a bottle of water there ready to go is perfect, with an offer of more if necessary.

Music is fine, but has to be non-distracting and definitely in the background.   Atmosphere is great, enough lighting so that the full visual impact is there, but not super bright of course.  

Agreed with the boys above.  A bottle of water, great if I am having nervous cottonmouth.  Music, great if it is background then I am pretty up for anything you might like.  Totally agree with no candles or strong scents.  Not only allergies, but may have to go home or work after!  Totally agree on simple, clean and tidy.  Would add a nice place to sit and chat if that is how you prefer to begin, preferably next to or within reach of each other.  Would also add a clean shower with unscented soap and shampoo and making it clear that one is available.  

6 hours ago, VanillaSwurl said:

What are some things that you gentlemen would like as a provider to have at my place that will make you more comfortable and will make you feel welcome? A bottle of water upon arriving? A glass of wine? What kind of music sets the tone for you? What about candles lit?  What creates the perfect atmosphere to be comfortable and relaxed!

I think, most importantly, I prefer YOU to be THERE. Undistracted, aware, and in the moment, ready to interact, NOT on autopilot.

Just like every other job, it's easy to go through the motions, or think about other things, without really being there...and...a bottle of water is nice!

Naked, they want you naked! Oh, and beer! Also, if you invest in a remote...

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

10 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

Naked, they want you naked! Oh, and beer! Also, if you invest in a remote...

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

One of those massaging chairs with all the buttons....

21 minutes ago, pfunk said:

I think, most importantly, I prefer YOU to be THERE. Undistracted, aware, and in the moment, ready to interact, NOT on autopilot.

Just like every other job, it's easy to go through the motions, or think about other things, without really being there...and...a bottle of water is nice!

I think P Funk had it right - if you are in the moment it is easier to be in the moment.  I personally like a glass of water, and I recently was offered a homebaked chocolate chip cookie and that was great!  The other thing would be to turn off your phone, or at least the ringer.  Nothing is more of a turn off than someone who takes calls during a visit.  Remember, we are there for the time and companionship.

8 hours ago, VanillaSwurl said:

Smile and be nice to me.

Coconut water, clean sheets clean towels, soap with no scent.

Thanks for all the feedback!  I like people coming into my atmosphere, my familiar place and be comfortable. 

I think the fact that you're even asking these questions tells a lot about your personality. It tells me you care about your clients. You care about what they think. That will take you a million miles. For me the only time I feel uncomfortable is if I think I'm gonna get robbed or stabbed. I don't take as many risks as I used to so usually I have no issues getting along with most women. I get comfortable quickly. I guess since I've been doing this awhile, I'm probably not the best input for what makes me comfortable. One thing that IS important to me is a shower afterwards. Can't go into the office smelling ....

you get the idea

Pop corn nachine and apple dunk. :P

14 hours ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Coconut water, clean sheets clean towels, soap with no scent.

Soap is always so tricky. The community bar of soap is gross so that's a no go so you're left with body wash. You know how many unscented body washes there are? Off the top of my head I can only think of one that's decent for all skin types and possible irritants, Dr. Bronner.

Just now, Lucy Kitten said:

Soap is always so tricky. The community bar of soap is gross so that's a no go so you're left with body wash. You know how many unscented body washes there are? Off the top of my head I can only think of one that's decent for all skin types and possible irritants, Dr. Bronner.

Dr Bonners hemp soap is great. I use rose scented in the bathroom, but know most guys can't go home with new smells on them.

I would like the encounter to be free of any conversations involving politics.  I understand many like to interject their views on such topics into this hobby, and I can't imagine a bigger buzz kill.  I won't tell you about mine, if you don't tell me about yours. 

26 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

I would like the encounter to be free of any conversations involving politics.  I understand many like to interject their views on such topics into this hobby, and I can't imagine a bigger buzz kill.  I won't tell you about mine, if you don't tell me about yours. 

Amen brother !!!

3 hours ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Dr Bonners hemp soap is great. I use rose scented in the bathroom, but know most guys can't go home with new smells on them.

I had to stop using the rose scented soap even though it's my favorite because guys were using it up like crazy. I thought they would be opposed to the rose smell but it seems irresistible. 

All the answers seem to be right on target and everyone seems to agree for the most part- However when taking you up on the shower after- A hairbrush- comb- something....I don't know how many times i have left with wet hair only to look like teen wolf less than 30 minutes later. ( Yes, this is tricky because you almost have to have those cheap throw away ones because of cooties !)  :) 

13 minutes ago, Mr Purple said:

All the answers seem to be right on target and everyone seems to agree for the most part- However when taking you up on the shower after- A hairbrush- comb- something....I don't know how many times i have left with wet hair only to look like teen wolf less than 30 minutes later. ( Yes, this is tricky because you almost have to have those cheap throw away ones because of cooties !)  :) 

Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb. 

I gues the days are long gone when every guy had a comb in his pocket. 

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I had to stop using the rose scented soap even though it's my favorite because guys were using it up like crazy. I thought they would be opposed to the rose smell but it seems irresistible. 

Yea.  the gallon ones are cheaper but still.  it can be diluted by half with water to make it last too

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb. 

I gues the days are long gone when every guy had a comb in his pocket. 

What's a comb? Oh that thing for cats with hair. I remember kinda now. 

17 hours ago, Mr Purple said:

I have toiletries (non-scented) etc, out. One guy began going through the drawers until he found a brush. It was so funny. He just made himsel at home. Guess who got a comb for the guys???:wub:

And to the OP, this stuff does make all of the difference to some guys. You will find that the effort and thought pays off. ;)

21 hours ago, Unclehazard91 said:

Just plain dove body wash has no sent is good for both women and men , I use it a lot myself

Edited by Funguy
Spelling

3 hours ago, Funguy said:

Just plain dove body wash has no sent is good for both women and men , I use it a lot myself

I hear ya.  I try to use less chemicals on my body because of health issues.

Toms of Maine makes some great neutral smelling soaps and body washes too.

How about having the entire Axe product line?  Rave on!