Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sb602

Let's just chit chat

24 posts in this topic

Enjoyed my day off... A little bored now.... Any news going on , on the bored...

Cleaning up tree damage all day, now I'm watching Futurama.

Just got back from taking a lady and her 2 kiddos to Blue Pan Pizza for her birthday. If you haven't been to Blue Pan, it's rated near the best in Colorado and nationally rated too. Good grub.

I'm at chili's getting drunk with a buddy of mine

On Sandia Peak alone, celebrating my birthday. My first adult birthday w/o alcohol. 

1 minute ago, bluesbroker said:

On Sandia Peak alone, celebrating my birthday. My first adult birthday w/o alcohol. 

Happy birthday! Sandi Peak is definitely a scenic choice to celebrate, it's beautiful. Hope you have a very wonderful bday.

But two questions. Alone by choice? And is the bday without alcohol another cause for celebration?

3 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Happy birthday! Sandi Peak is definitely a scenic choice to celebrate, it's beautiful. Hope you have a very wonderful bday.

But two questions. Alone by choice? And is the bday without alcohol another cause for celebration?

Thanks, Lucy. Yes, I wanted to be alone. Having been divorced for twenty five years I'm not accustomed to having family around all the time like I do here in NM. It can be too much for my introvert ways.

I got an extra helping of life last year and when the smoke cleared I wasn't happy with myself. I dropped a twenty year xanax habit and quit drinking. At this point sobriety feels like an altered state. I'm encouraged but not celebrating. Hard to get past some things lost in that fire. And I'd like to get over this part where I can't sleep. 

I'd forgotten how great the sunsets are from the crest. I had a splendid time.

Finally dried out so I can start to work horses in outdoor arena.

Currently contemplating a major Life decision complete with a change of latitude

1 hour ago, MrBigShot said:

Currently contemplating a major Life decision complete with a change of latitude

He says with Jimmy Buffet playing on the background. :P

Sittin' out on the deck, thinking I should get that electrified tennis racquet thing and swat at a few wasps.  I hate wasps.   

13 hours ago, MrBigShot said:

And I hope it goes well for you my friend!

On 4/8/2017 at 5:31 PM, sb602 said:

Enjoyed my day off... A little bored now.... Any news going on , on the bored...

Putting together some patio furniture that's made in China... of course (where else) Cursing because the holes don't line up (no pun intended) and wondering if that' is they're plan to invade, all of us Americans are fiddling with made in China crap and so preoccupied we can't fight back! LOL Of course I jest........ 

I started off the day with strawberry and whip cream pancakes. I cuddled, snuggled, and sang Daniel Tiger songs with my youngest princess. Then I made a roast (that was deelicious)completed by veggies and potatoes that were devoured by friends who came to my house for a night of games. On top of that, my house is clean, and I managed to get most of my packing for next weekend done for Easter.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

11 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Sittin' out on the deck, thinking I should get that electrified tennis racquet thing and swat at a few wasps.  I hate wasps.   

The only thing I hate more is spiders

7 hours ago, TS Madison Proudmoore said:

Old girlfriend kept tarantulas.  Not bothered by spiders anymore... I'll catch 'em in the house and let them outside if I can.

Except those Australian spiders.  They'll mess you up.    

Ended up zapping several of those damn wasps though and then broke the zapper.  Going to be another bad year for them, not enough cold snaps this spring.  Already have several of those sticky traps out, they get full fast.  

1 hour ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Old girlfriend kept tarantulas.  Not bothered by spiders anymore... I'll catch 'em in the house and let them outside if I can.

Except those Australian spiders.  They'll mess you up.    

Ended up zapping several of those damn wasps though and then broke the zapper.  Going to be another bad year for them, not enough cold snaps this spring.  Already have several of those sticky traps out, they get full fast.  

My cats like to eat them and it terrifies me. My apartment complex is fucking wasp central, lots of concrete holes for them to call home. Thankfully though, since I live in what sometimes feels like a little nature preserve, I have barn swallows that live in my hood and they love eating up all the wasps. Aside from the wasp eating barn swallows are prickish birds. They're bullies, they kick eggs out of other birds nest and claim them for their own.

I live in the city and on the regular see turtles, herons, hawks, there is a small army of feral cats,  bats, rabbits and skunks. And that's just in the courtyard at my apartment complex.

Me, I'm getting ready to film a documentary, study the l-sat, and move in January for law school. My futures so bright, I gotta wear shades. 

16 hours ago, TS Madison Proudmoore said:

You of course realize the irony....Wasps sting and bury spiders with their eggs as wasp larvae food......So your hated wasps work hard to kill your more hated spiders

Wondering why drama seems to follow me when I try VERY hard to be low-maintenance.

Today, I tried to make an appointment with a provider and quite literally as I was typing "Yep, I'm on my way." the phone rings.  It is the dentist office.  I had forgotten an appointment today and I was already late.  So instead of having an enjoyable time with a local provider that is located 10 minutes from me, I came off like a flake and bailed.  My mouth is still numb.

On 4/10/2017 at 1:15 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

Me, I'm getting ready to film a documentary, study the l-sat, and move in January for law school. My futures so bright, I gotta wear shades. 

Proving again that good things happen to good people.  Especially when they work hard for it.  May your future ever be bright! :)

I love Lord of the Rings movies. Especially when the weather is cold. 😘😘

On 4/10/2017 at 1:15 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

Documentary   ???   Nice, pm me on what on.   I'm doing one on my high school class btw.