Audrey Astor

Time to Restock....

32 posts in this topic

The wine, the wine!

I'm not a huge wine connoisseur, so  I never know what to keep on hand. What are some of your favorite wines? Or.. what are your favorite drinks in general (during a meeting with your lady or male friend)?

Single malt Scotch, if you have it, if not, a good tequila shot.

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

The wine, the wine!

I'm not a huge wine connoisseur, so  I never know what to keep on hand. What are some of your favorite wines? Or.. what are your favorite drinks in general (during a meeting with your lady or male friend)?

The Seven Deadly Zins, a lady you know who called me on the boat the other day loves it. I keep 2 bottles in stock at all times. Makes a good gift. Just gotta keep damn wine bags in stock too. 

I'm a single malt Scotch guy. But when I'm riding my scooter (usually) I lean toward coffee or sparkling water (S.Pellegrino). 

There are some very fine reds at reasonable prices. The folks at a good liquor store could steer you in the right direction.

As you know, I am a bourbon drinker.

Bella introduced me to Adesso the other week.  Since then, I know that my local liquor store stocks it, and restocks it often, but the 3 times I've been in there they've been sold out.  Guy behind the counter says they constantly sell out, it's very popular.

3 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

The wine, the wine!

I try not to be really picky....................... 

0001200071262_A?$img_size_380x380$

I fine IPA (numerous versions),  Belgium Ale ( Apt 12)

My ex introduced me to the wines of the homeland.   Gewurztraminer and Riesling.

Kim Crawford makes some wonderful wines. I also have a weakness for Chilean wines. You can never go wrong with Italian reds, even stock up on Chiantis for Italian fare.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I am a scotch guy but also love wine and trying new wines. I belong to an awesome club and have a link that if you sign up I get a 25 buck credit. I won't post it here as possibly it isn't allowed but pm me for it if you would like it. The bottles average 15-18 bucks a bottle. 

Edited by Wannabebad

Does Tequila count as wine? :P  No matter how many times I try, just can't acquire the taste for wine.  

15 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

The Seven Deadly Zins, a lady you know who called me on the boat the other day loves it. I keep 2 bottles in stock at all times. Makes a good gift. Just gotta keep damn wine bags in stock too. 

That is a good vino....I LOVE ADESSO..... you can get that at Molly's or Appleejacks....

10 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Kim Crawford makes some wonderful wines. I also have a weakness for Chilean wines. You can never go wrong with Italian reds, even stock up on Chiantis for Italian fare.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

ADESSO👄👄👄👄👄👄💦💦💦💦💦💦💦❤❤❤❤❤❤

43 minutes ago, Bella Marie said:

ADESSO👄👄👄👄👄👄💦💦💦💦💦💦💦❤❤❤❤❤❤

Adesso is good.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Well, it looks like I have most of you covered, with the exception of Boink, and the IPA. Thanks guys and gals for the suggestions.:wub: I think I'll go on a liquor shopping spree, and then maybe have a lickher spree. Yea!!!!

Ménage à Trois wines are good value and taste great for under $10/btl.  If you are ever at Trader Joe's on 7th & Colorado, their "Moon Series" are good wines not two buck (or three buck) Chuck in Colorado.

You could also make your own wine to share! :cool: 

Booty and beer? I dunno about that. Wine is ok. To me, a couple shots of ice cold Chopin sets the mood with El Dorado Springs water thereafter.

30 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Booty and beer? I dunno about that. Wine is ok. To me, a couple shots of ice cold Chopin sets the mood with El Dorado Springs water thereafter.

Eldorado water is my drink of choice. 

10 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Eldorado water is my drink of choice. 

Yes yes....20 gallons a month home delivery...the only way to fly!

go to a reputable liquor store like Aqnaught or Apple Jack ask the clerks.  Tell them what you like the taste of and the price range.  Theer are some fairly good Australian wines (yelllow tail

)which can fill the bill.  The clerks at the barred window liquor store probably won't be of much help.

Since I am still using hotels, I have not thought to bring beverages.  I am a total Craft beer snob, but would be drunk after only One.  I feel bad, Raine water is all I have offered my guest thus far...... 

18 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

So true.  In my past life I worked as a waiter in a nice Italian restaurant.  I will never forget the wine vendor who was educating us about Italian wines: his opening words were "Italians had perfected the craft of creating fine wines when the French were still living in caves and wearing bearskins."  That image endures and makes a fine comment at a party when someone brings a nice Italian wine.

42 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

Since I am still using hotels, I have not thought to bring beverages.  I am a total Craft beer snob, but would be drunk after only One.  I feel bad, Raine water is all I have offered my guest thus far...... 

Sounds like Raine water might be the drink of choice for a pieluver like myself !! 😉

On 4/4/2017 at 3:51 PM, Audrey Astor said:

The wine, the wine!

There are so many wine varietals and brands that it is overwhelming. This is futher complicated by the facts that price does NOT always equal quality, and many wines vary greatly from year to year. That said, I am going to suggest, perhaps to the chagrin or many, that you pick up a couple BOXES of Vin Vault. Yes, that's right, I said BOXES. Vin Vault is excellent and superior to the other box wines and most of the bottles in any given variety. Once opened it will keep for a few weeks so you won't have to drink the whole bottle or waste it. Also, you won't go broke buying it. Lastly, despite what people might claim, if they don't see the box they won't know the difference because it really is good. So......if you must, put it in a decanter...or even an old, empty bottle...(wink wink).

On 4/4/2017 at 3:51 PM, Audrey Astor said:

The wine, the wine!

Anything from Ravenswood in red.  Blackstone Merlot.  Stags Leap Pinot Noir.  I have many other suggestions for wine.

Woodford Reserve is always a winner.

Single-malt scotch.... Bowmore 15.  Coal Ila 10 or 12.  Bunnahabhain 12.  Yamazaki 18 or 12 are fabulous, but good luck finding it.

Jade absinthe if you want to get really fancy.

On 4/5/2017 at 10:58 AM, Audrey Astor said:

Well, it looks like I have most of you covered, with the exception of Boink, and the IPA. Thanks guys and gals for the suggestions.:wub: I think I'll go on a liquor shopping spree, and then maybe have a lickher spree. Yea!!!!

What? no mount and do me? :D