Citori

When Google leads to RWI - Do you let them know?

34 posts in this topic

While window shopping I frequently do some google research on Name, Phone Number, UserName, Instagram, etc. . .

Some recent examples. . .

• an "ad Phone number' leads to RWI, - using the same phone number on Facebook for intsance.
  • A user Name like "SillyCat9" - links to another social media account that is not hobby related - Pictures are an exact match but clearly a family account
  • Followers on Social media lead to family members and circle back 

- These are not recycled names/numbers. 

The level of "Stalking" here is really limited to the first page of google results, - I'm not using anything special. 

1. Guys - should we let the ladies know? or  Gals - Do you let the guys know?
  2. Both - would you prefer to not be aware or do you not care?

I have emailed to let people know, or told them in person BCD. 

In the past when I've let a YL know that RW info is readily available, she has NOT been happy. There is a tendency to 'shoot the messenger'.

What Bit said.

The social media sites are particularly nasty. As mentioned friends list leads to other providers RL accounts or provider's RL.

I get a weekly "do you know these people" email from LinkedIn: the first five or so people are providers I contacted years ago via my hobby email: LinkedIn sucked in their contacts and now spams me with their RL names, non-hobby job.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

23 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

In the past when I've let a YL know that RW info is readily available, she has NOT been happy. There is a tendency to 'shoot the messenger'.

I would agree with this but to be honest I have never had a client approach me in a not creepy way about finding my info.

It's all about the approach.

7 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I would agree with this but to be honest I have never had a client approach me in a not creepy way about finding my info.

It's all about the approach.

Just how do you say, "I noticed that a google search of ###_###_#### leads back to RWI." w/o creeping a YL out?  

Do you not expect clients to perform due diligence searchs? Should clients not expect ASPs to perform due diligence searchs? I think the answer should be , "No!"

Edited by Bit Banger

What Bit said as well.  The provider felt like I was being 'stalky' when I felt I was doing my due diligence.  It was a simple thing, she listed as an independent but after filling out contact form on her website it said 'WE' will contact you.  So then I did a little digging and found RW information.  Shared it with her afterwards, she thanked me and took care of it, but it was REALLY awkward.

7 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Just how do you say, "I noticed that a google search of ###_###_#### leads back to RWI." w/o creeping a YL out?  

Do you not expect clients to perform due diligence searchs? Should clients not expect ASPs to perform due diligence searchs? I think the answer should be , "No!"

You don't do it by saying "I saw ur mom on Facebook you should probably fix that". No shit that is generally the kind of warning that guys give. They have to mention that they learned something about you first before they say lock your shit up.

The other problem is guys finding things and going too far, so you found a providers FB account don't read it. Don't cruise her pictures just close it and move on. My other question is why are clients looking for information on known and well reviewed providers? I am not saying that is what the OP is doing but with the few times that's happened with me I asked them why they were searching and they had no good answer. It's extra bothersome when it comes from guys who pride themselves in their anonymity.

2 hours ago, Citori said:

While window shopping I frequently do some google research on Name, Phone Number, UserName, Instagram, etc. . .

Some recent examples. . .

• an "ad Phone number' leads to RWI, - using the same phone number on Facebook for intsance.
  • A user Name like "SillyCat9" - links to another social media account that is not hobby related - Pictures are an exact match but clearly a family account
  • Followers on Social media lead to family members and circle back 

- These are not recycled names/numbers. 

The level of "Stalking" here is really limited to the first page of google results, - I'm not using anything special. 

1. Guys - should we let the ladies know? or  Gals - Do you let the guys know?
  2. Both - would you prefer to not be aware or do you not care?

I have emailed to let people know, or told them in person BCD. 

I find this real world info quite often. I don't tell anyone what I find because what I find is no one's business but mine. what private info people leave hanging out on the net is their business.

I think you can become consumed with worries with keeping your worlds separate and in doing so can become paranoid with fear. It is true that information is out there to be found. Yet, if people want to be  creepy? I think they're going to be that way regardless of how protected you are. Even If my family or someone from my RW finds me in this realm? I guess, that goes to show you! You can find anything if you have the desire to go hunting.  Another thing is that nobody pays my bills! So, those who want to look down on me? They are welcome to take care of  all of my bills if they really want to be that persnickety! 

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

You don't do it by saying "I saw ur mom on Facebook you should probably fix that". No shit that is generally the kind of warning that guys give. They have to mention that they learned something about you first before they say lock your shit up.

The other problem is guys finding things and going too far, so you found a providers FB account don't read it. Don't cruise her pictures just close it and move on. My other question is why are clients looking for information on known and well reviewed providers? I am not saying that is what the OP is doing but with the few times that's happened with me I asked them why they were searching and they had no good answer. It's extra bothersome when it comes from guys who pride themselves in their anonymity.

First to the red.  Because just like we have occasionally seen a lady "turn the corner" for the good, it has happened the other way as well.  I had been wanting to a see a certain lady that is a member here, passes through occasionally, has a handful of reviews elsewhere and here - an "established" lady.  Saw her post an ad but was a new number.  Googled number and gee - she was in two different states at the same time (not just a one day overlap - weeks), same phone, same name, same pics, major age difference.  Ahem ..... no!!  So I check just to be sure.

I have more than once pointed out what appeared to be completely unintentional obvious connections back to real world.  One example, few years back there was a lady I was interested in seeing that advertised on EB and as with many she linked to photo bucket or some other photo share site for her ad pics.  Unfortunately, she had linked access to ALL her picks including personal life. (No I did not look at them all or go further - it was immediately obvious)  I politely told her I was interested and in looking at ad pics and got sent to things I did not think she intended.  She was extremely thankful someone took the time to let her know and immediately changed it.  However, I have also had the reaction of "what the hell business is it of yours - ya some kinda stalker?"  So I have usually chosen to look the other way unless it appears really unintended.

2 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

My other question is why are clients looking for information on known and well reviewed providers?

Lucy,

It's a good question and I always like to hear your view, it makes me think. When I am in a city for the first time in what may be 5 or 6 years, I no longer know who the known and well reviewed providers are. Especially if it is a Date Check 2000 or TER town, sites I don't have membership with.  I don't use facebook, it only shows the public page and as I said, I'm not going past the fist page of google results. 

Others,

Why do I search by user name, some locations have boards where you can see their name and a bit of the bio, and the number and email to contact is blocked out. I'm searching their user name hoping to find a link to a reputable site. 

While it may be a long shot, it seems very easy for someone to steal a name and photos and post under a different number. Plenty of right click, search this number on google shows up with different than expected. As I recall we have seen threads reporting that here in denver. 

Hobbying in one town is not the same as on the road. So I do check out who I may want to make a connection with. 

28 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

First to the red.  Because just like we have occasionally seen a lady "turn the corner" for the good, it has happened the other way as well.  I had been wanting to a see a certain lady that is a member here, passes through occasionally, has a handful of reviews elsewhere and here - an "established" lady.  Saw her post an ad but was a new number.  Googled number and gee - she was in two different states at the same time (not just a one day overlap - weeks), same phone, same name, same pics, major age difference.  Ahem ..... no!!  So I check just to be sure.

I have more than once pointed out what appeared to be completely unintentional obvious connections back to real world.  One example, few years back there was a lady I was interested in seeing that advertised on EB and as with many she linked to photo bucket or some other photo share site for her ad pics.  Unfortunately, she had linked access to ALL her picks including personal life. (No I did not look at them all or go further - it was immediately obvious)  I politely told her I was interested and in looking at ad pics and got sent to things I did not think she intended.  She was extremely thankful someone took the time to let her know and immediately changed it.  However, I have also had the reaction of "what the hell business is it of yours - ya some kinda stalker?"  So I have usually chosen to look the other way unless it appears really unintended.

It's just weird to me. In all my years my phone and email have been the same, there are ways to track just about everyone down, there was a great Gizmodo article about someone possibly finding James Comey's secret twitter account, like holy shit how is that even possible and then they break it down and it was actually kind of easy.

There are times you might dig a little deeper if something doesn't quite line up, I understand that. But I have all my ducks in a row so I can't help but get creeped out when I find out that people have been digging around for whatever reason. It's also been my personal experience that when I come across those people that want to dig deep and know more they are usually up to no fucking good. Like just in general, it may not be personally about me some dudes are just creepy and like to spend their time trying to dig up personal information about providers they yank it to.

I don't think that providers will ever not get creeped out by clients or potential clients telling them their RW info has been found. It's stressful and puts a gal on guard really fast. My best suggestion on how to handle it is to contact a provider you are comfortable with and maybe have her pass it on the provider whose info has been found. No specifics, just "hey I found so and so's info on the net would you mind telling her?". It softens the blow to hear it from a peer. And if needed gives a chance for providers to share tips on how to stay private.

7 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

... My best suggestion on how to handle it is to contact a provider you are comfortable with and maybe have her pass it on the provider whose info has been found. No specifics, just "hey I found so and so's info on the net would you mind telling her?". ...

Sorry, but I'd advise being careful with this procedure. You never know if the 2 YL are in the same or opposing cliques. You could be feeding info to a YL's enemy. Or you could be telling a favorite that you're considering a visit to her enemy. 

IFF you want to let a YL know that her skirt is showing, do NOT involve 3rd parties. 

2 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Privacy and anonymity in the cyber world are illusions.

Hammer on head!  So many people are paranoid about someone tracking them yet ask them to give up their smart phone...Corporations no longer plan for if they will be hacked, but when, and perimeter security is dead, you presume they are inside your network already.  I read an article recently that a compromise has been developed that exploits the flashing light of your hard disk drive light to read the 1's and 0's being written.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Sorry, but I'd advise being careful with this procedure. You never know if the 2 YL are in the same or opposing cliques. You could be feeding info to a YL's enemy. Or you could be telling a favorite that you're considering a visit to her enemy. 

IFF you want to let a YL know that her skirt is showing, do NOT involve 3rd parties. 

Agree to disagree, you don't have to pass on private info to the third party, hell the provider whose info is out there doesn't even have to know that there is even a third party involved. And I thought TOB was one big happy, helpful family??

I think you'd be surprised at the lack of drama when it comes to helping each other out in that way. Also for other providers out there I don't care if you don't like me please do me the favor of telling me if something is wrong. I would do the same for ladies that I don't like either.

Sex workers are more receptive to other sex workers, like you said they tend to shoot the messenger and I told you why. There are so many ways of going about it that aren't dramatic. So don't make it dramatic.

I help ladies I don't know all the time. If anyone is too clique-ish to help then why would you consider them anyways? All the ladies around here love to preach about supportive they all are of each other so let them prove it. 

I saw a client a few weeks ago and everything went fine(nothing unusual). A week after that I get a friend request on my personal FB page from that client. I declined the request, blocked him both on there and for future appts. It doesn't upset me or alarm me...he just broke an unwritten code in this industry and I don't tolerate broken rules. When I see my clients RWI, I do not click and delve into their personal life unless given specific permission as I like them to respect mine. 

I like to think that we are getting paid for you to come in , have fun, and leave going back to whatever it is you do. That doesn't involve me being a part of their personal affairs unless we mutually agree on that, and even then, it can be tough to do.

I am not being cold...I do care about who I meet, but this is a business and should be conducted as such.

I do my best to separate both my personal and business, but with cookies and Denver being a pretty small city considering, it can be easier than people think to find someone. This is why if you don't want people to know things about you...don't put it on the internet! That is why I wasn't alarmed. It was bound to happen.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I've informed 2 different ladies on 2 separate occasions that their real world information was easily accessible. I was thanked both times. I didn't push the matter. I only mentioned it. What they chose to do about it afterward is their own business. I don't give a shit if they think I'm creepy. I did the right thing both times.

6 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

... If anyone is too clique-ish to help then why would you consider them anyways? All the ladies around here love to preach about supportive they all are of each other so let them prove it. 

Because we (clients) don't always have the "program" listing who hangs with who and who the behind-the-scenes trouble makers have pissed off recently.

TOB is not always one, big, happy family, nor is all the drama between the guys & the gals. 

I have found RW info I have usually asked the YL if she has ever googled herself and if she says I then I say "well you might want to" that usually makes them inquisitive enough to ask "why". Don't ask me why they ask why but it usually deadens the blow that RW info is out there. I then kindly and softly suggest that they get an app to change their number and maybe contact websites to take down their stuff so they can start fresh. It's worked so far. As for some folks on here getting all in a tizzy on why we guys seem to go too far in our searches is because we can. It's the friggen internet for christs sake and some of us are just shameless voyers. Big lesson here is not to blame the guy doing the searches or the internet but keeping a lid on your own shit by googling yourself now and again. Keep your house clean and you won't have to worry about people finding dirt. 

If a YL has a process for screening or meeting - I follow it, they have their reasons. If they don't mesh with my process, we will never meet, and I'm okay with that.

• Post this message on Twitter and depending on your # of followers you will get dozens of likes and retweets.

I don't think I'm slobbyist for having a process also. 

When traveling for narrowing down, screening and meeting - Part of that is highlight, right Click,.  "Search Google for 'xxxxxx'" .  

Why do I do this, fake pictures, real pictures with different contact #'s of Well reviewed ladies,  someone posing as SusieQ a well review lady,  etc, dudes instead of ladies. 

I didn't title this thread "Let's all search for RWI with google, a beginners guide", because I'm not out looking for it. But I would likely read a thread titled that. 

I just wanted to know do you let the YL or hobbyist know?

I think @Wannabebad had the best answer so far.  

Thanks to all the replies. Go like a retweet my posting from today on twitter, follow @citori411

Plus it behooves a client to know if the provider spends her free time with gangbangers or has mug shots all over the web, i dig deep if you putting it out there that's on you I've screened lots of ladies I've passed on, you are the company you keep, some of the pictures & posts y'all put out here are a total turn off, claiming upscale & courtesan when no where near it. If you lie 5 times in one ad I can only imagine the real life persona.

Edited by nobody
spelling

Some apparently don't care. I have had caller ID on call back show a real name. One girl even had her real name in her answer message. That was strange. I called twice to make sure I had the correct number. I have seen a couple of girls who used their real first name because it was too much trouble to keep track of two names.

I am always open to helping others. Another thing I am 1 person with only 1 personality. While I do have a private life. I am not consumed with fear of information crossing over at times. Just as long as my elderly parents are not harmed.

Life is good!😘😘

On 4/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I think you can become consumed with worries with keeping your worlds separate and in doing so can become paranoid with fear. It is true that information is out there to be found. Yet, if people want to be  creepy? I think they're going to be that way regardless of how protected you are. Even If my family or someone from my RW finds me in this realm? I guess, that goes to show you! You can find anything if you have the desire to go hunting.  Another thing is that nobody pays my bills! So, those who want to look down on me? They are welcome to take care of  all of my bills if they really want to be that persnickety! 

Sweet!, you said persnickety! I love that word! HAHA!

Much respect to your post though, We all run the risk of "someone" "finding out"  of a lot of things... I often wonder if the people that go "snooping" have another life that they'd like to hide? I think so, otherwise they wouldn't snoop. 

I'm thinking so. Just my opinion....... 

7 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Sweet!, you said persnickety! I love that word! HAHA!

Much respect to your post though, We all run the risk of "someone" "finding out"  of a lot of things... I often wonder if the people that go "snooping" have another life that they'd like to hide? I think so, otherwise they wouldn't snoop. 

I'm thinking so. Just my opinion....... 

Some of us have very unique names too like mine, where's only one other on the planet with the same first and last name.  Even just knowing my last name and my city you'll find who I am.  Couple that with I've been on the internet since the 80s, that I'm a published author, and several other things about me, and it's very easy to find out a ton about me from my online presence with just my name.  What's interesting is that I've finally noticed that while the internet is "forever," some of my oldest presence is finally falling off google search results, and can only be found by deeper searches.

Everyone has their own tolerance of how private they want to be of course.  Some don't mind at all, others are at the overly paranoid level.   Of course we all should be careful and not make it too easy.

Property listings is another means of finding out RWI too. 

Mentally speaking I think that if you give out an address client/provider and in doing so you feel somewhat comfortable with the other persOn

Why else would you allow this person over if not?. So do your best to let go of your fears. Like to believe that I made a friend. Not met a creeper. 

5 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Property listings is another means of finding out RWI too. 

Mentally speaking I think that if you give out an address client/provider and in doing so you feel somewhat comfortable with the other persOn

Why else would you allow this person over if not?. So do your best to let go of your fears. Like to believe that I made a friend. Not met a creeper. 

Ahhh...you speak to the joys of the elusive "regular"......at least , elusive in some cities, depending on number of providers.

1 minute ago, Admiral C said:

Ahhh...you speak to the joys of the elusive "regular"......at least , elusive in some cities, depending on number of providers.

Weird quoting myself...and somewhat off topic...HOWEVER.......Sometimes the English language is both unglamorous and inexact. The term :" regular". Ok that's dully descriptive...quite utilitarian, but also inaccurate in philosophy to me. If I'm going to see a girl on a consistent basis, it's not because she is mundanely "regular"...but because she is "special".  Therefore I shall henceforth refer to a "regular " as a"special".......Of course.....current ATF works...but again...utilitarian.

25 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Weird quoting myself...and somewhat off topic...HOWEVER.......Sometimes the English language is both unglamorous and inexact. The term :" regular". Ok that's dully descriptive...quite utilitarian, but also inaccurate in philosophy to me. If I'm going to see a girl on a consistent basis, it's not because she is mundanely "regular"...but because she is "special".  Therefore I shall henceforth refer to a "regular " as a"special".......Of course.....current ATF works...but again...utilitarian.

Very nice! Have yourself a "Special" someone who you enjoy and trust in life- the exchange of fun, laughter, enjoyment is carefree! It gets me smiling too! 

Was laughing thinking about anonymity and how very little we have in our digitally world anymore! Yep! Ya better quick deed the house over into the cat's name for privacy my friend! 😱😱