Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishndude57

All CC Accepted...

19 posts in this topic

I see ads like that for both agencies and some indy's. Have you ever used one for such services as these? I never have. On occasion I give gift cards, don't even know what a vanilla card even is as a gift, have never frequented an AMP, and would I get my frequent flyer miles if I did? Totally Ben Franklin's on my part. Just curious. 

I used to, but it became such a hassle. The customer is usually right in most circumstances so if they ask for the money back, you tend to be screwed. I work too damn hard for someone to screw me over in that manner so CASH IS KING... [Snip}

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Related to CC, I'd love it if providers would accept crypto-currencies like Bitcoin or Ether.  It works just like cash and no charge-backs.  Except it's on your phone protected by passphrase so you don't have carry around all those pictures of Ben Franklin.

Yeah, it's a little bit of a hassle to convert back into cash, but the exchange rate just keeps going up... 

https://www.coinbase.com/charts

Screenshot_2017-03-19_1.png

Except for that part at the end where it goes down...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

2 hours ago, cuddlybear99 said:

Related to CC, I'd love it if providers would accept crypto-currencies like Bitcoin or Ether.  It works just like cash and no charge-backs.  Except it's on your phone protected by passphrase so you don't have carry around all those pictures of Ben Franklin.

Yeah, it's a little bit of a hassle to convert back into cash, but the exchange rate just keeps going up... 

Screenshot_2017-03-19_1.png

Find it interesting that the value has gone steadily upward especially after the major cc's refused to accept purchases on BP and after BP censored the adult services section.

Nowall I got to do is find a provider that will accept my Home Depot card. :D

10 hours ago, JAGCS said:

Except for that part at the end where it goes down...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It certainly does get volatile for periods, but the overall trend is still up and to the right.

Bicoin is electron fiat currency. CC's are plastic fiat money. Cash, paper fiat. These are only money because the rules currently say they are. The government can declare any of them nothing at anytime. This will eventually be done as a method of financial confiscation.....as in...your (whatever kind of) fiat currency will be void in X days....turn it in and convert it to 'Y" or lose it all. Naturally, taxes, fees and whatever conversion rate THEY choose will apply. Right now, uber wealthies are hoarding gold and silver and very, very quietly, states are dropping the capital gains taxes on precious metals transactions. This tells me that serious currency problems, inflations, and drastic changes to money are close.

Edited by Admiral C

I've asked this before...

What happens to this industry when the US is a cashless society? I'm not being an alarmist but there have been Billions of dollars taken out of circulation in the US and other countries are currently considering going cashless...see what's going on now in Australia as an example.

9 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Bicoin is electron fiat currency. CC's are plastic fiat money. Cash, paper fiat. These are only money because the rules currently say they are. The government can declare any of them nothing at anytime. This will eventually be done as a method of financial confiscation.....as in...your (whatever kind of) fiat currency will be void in X days....turn it in and convert it to 'Y" or lose it all. Naturally, taxes, fees and whatever conversion rate THEY choose will apply. ...

I remember that in 'Nam they would do this every so often in an attempt to curtail the black market.  Bases would close and everybody had 24hrs to exchange their Military Pay Certificates (MPCs).  Of course there were limits on how much you could convert, and the possession of green backs in country was forbidden. Often Mamasan or the drug dealers would get stuck off base with a pile of worthless paper. 

Edited by Bit Banger

1 minute ago, MrBigShot said:

I've asked this before...

What happens to this industry when the US is a cashless society? I'm not being an alarmist but there have been Billions of dollars taken out of circulation in the US and other countries are currently considering going cashless...see what's going on now in Australia as an example.

Black market economies will always exist I think.  Maybe we move to using silver or other precious metals?  Barter systems or scrip. 

During the hyperinflation of Argentina, folks were using gold & silver chain for currency. Clip off a few links for this, a few more for that. Coins were too big for common goods; nobody could make change. And of course, nobody wanted that paper peso which might be worth centavos tomorrow.

The head of the FED has stated a goal to do away with currency. This would give Central Banks absolute control of all money, including tracking of all transactions,  instant taxation, and the ability to seize assets with a single click. The first step they have outlined will be a surcharge on cash, like with some ATM machines. Anytime you deposit or withdraw cash from a teller or machine, you will incur a percentage fee. 

Edited by Admiral C
clarification

22 hours ago, cuddlybear99 said:

You know what would be super helpful is an actual breakdown of how we can make this work as providers and what the benefits are. There is some info geared towards sex workers but it's really limited to how you use bitcoin for advertising.  Converting back to cash seems like it might be an issue.

7 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Black market economies will always exist I think.  Maybe we move to using silver or other precious metals?  Barter systems or scrip. 

Forget precious metals.  Food and medicine will become the ultimate currency when cash goes electronic.

25 minutes ago, Volt Aire said:

Forget precious metals.  Food and medicine will become the ultimate currency when cash goes electronic.

Going all dystopian cyberpunk on us I see!  

I started looking into bitcoin and set up my wallet.  Im not yet ready, mentally, to accept it for my rate, but I would accept it for a deposit or to extend a date.  I love everything about it except for that its not widespread enough to be able to use without having to covert it to cash.  However, I can use bitcoin to pay for travel, such as plane tickets and hotels, and there are a couple restaurants here that accept Bitcoin as payment, so if I got bitcoin payment, its not like Im stuck...Id be able to spend it without having to convert it to cash.

Now, if Amazon started accepting bitcoin, that would be fantastic...and if there was a way I could pay my rent and bills with bitcoin, then it would be a no brainer. As we move towards a cashless society, I do think that bitcoin is going to play a major role as the only suitable replacement for cash transactions.

23 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Going all dystopian cyberpunk on us I see!  

Well, not all dystopian.  Considering that business and governments have been nudging us to go paperless and pay by creditcard for over 50 years.  A cashless society may not be far away.  But there will always be something like cash for the masses.  Just look at Venezuela and you see people adapting to a barter system of food and consumables replacing cash.

Edited by Volt Aire