FuriousWeasel

Quick etiquette question

22 posts in this topic

So the mailman dropped off a package today and I brought it into the house.  One of those big white bubblewrap style envelopes with a couple smaller boxes inside of it.  Once I did, I saw it was actually for a young lady with the same house number, but one block over.   No big deal, once I'm done getting a bunch of things done, I'll walk it over.

A little while ago, my wife goes to the front door and sees the package there.  She's expecting something, and unfortunately I had left it label side down.  So she opened it.

Yeah, vibrator and other sex toys in there.

So the envelope has now been obviously opened.  So now what do I do?  Wait till 2am to drop it off and hope she doesn't have security cameras?  Or walk it over there, run the risk of her being in the front yard or coming out of the house when I go to put it on her porch, in which case I'd hand it over with a big grin on my face?  Or just let the post office take care of redelivery, but then her plans for tonite would be ruined?

It is possible to do things without being creepy or behaving like a teenage boy  

Take it to her and say "I'm sorry we opened this without  realizing it wasn't ours," and leave it at that. No need to scurry away or give some sort of "I KNOW WHAT THIS IS!" grin. 

Or if you're that concerned have your wife take it over. 

Will your wife use em? Figure out the cost, take her the cash and explain what happened. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

Take it to her and say "I'm sorry we opened this without realizing it wasn't ours," and leave it at that. 

Do this ^^^^. 

Take it over,  tell her sorry opened it by mistake, then ask her if she needs any help with them.

Oh maybe I didn't phrase the question right.  I'm much more worried about her embarrassment than my own.  No matter what, she'll be able to tell it was opened, I'm thinking that if she doesn't know who dropped it off, she'll be less worried.  

3 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Oh maybe I didn't phrase the question right.  I'm much more worried about her embarrassment than my own.  No matter what, she'll be able to tell it was opened, I'm thinking that if she doesn't know who dropped it off, she'll be less worried.  

Yup then like JoDoe and Funk says: Take it to her and say "I'm sorry we opened this without  realizing it wasn't ours," Maybe she won't be home when you go.

Well it's dropped off.  70 year old woman who was very grateful.  

Just kidding... c'mon folks, mostly I was just telling a funny story.  Why so serious...

2 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Well it's dropped off.  70 year old woman who was very grateful.  

Just kidding... c'mon folks, mostly I was just telling a funny story.  Why so serious...

Felon! You're going to Mail Jail and I've already called the Post Office Police.

22 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Felon! You're going to Mail Jail and I've already called the Post Office Police.

It's a fair cop...

Man, I wish you were my neighbor!!! None of mine drop off any sex toys for me! :D

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

8 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Man, I wish you were my neighbor!!! None of mine drop off any sex toys for me! :D

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Maybe all you need to do is ask...

Then again where I live, there's an adult store a block away.  Small shop, not like the Costco of adult novelties or anything, but makes me wonder why she ordered online instead of buying local!

1 hour ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Then again where I live, there's an adult store a block away.  Small shop, not like the Costco of adult novelties or anything, but makes me wonder why she ordered online instead of buying local!

You would be surprised how many women are horrified at the thought of stepping in those places so they shop online instead. Sex toy companies that host parties have to be very careful about making sure they discuss orders confidentially and keeping the parties professional. Also, no men (and anyone under 18) can be under the same roof for those reasons as well. I also just found out that those rules also apply because some states have laws against it. Crazy stuff! Women need to chill and buy a dildo! :D

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Don't forget that those are medical devices for treating female hysteria. 

Oops - wrong century 😝

19 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Don't forget that those are medical devices for treating female hysteria. 

Oops - wrong century 😝

+1

2 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Why buy local when I can buy my favorite vibrator in bulk on Amazon? Too many options other than spending $$ at local overpriced under-stocked stores.

We need something to replace the Crypt.

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Why buy local when I can buy my favorite vibrator in bulk on Amazon? Too many options other than spending $$ at local overpriced under-stocked stores.

Alexis, order me a beaver and some D cells....

2 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

You would be surprised how many women are horrified at the thought of stepping in those places so they shop online instead. Sex toy companies that host parties have to be very careful about making sure they discuss orders confidentially and keeping the parties professional. Also, no men (and anyone under 18) can be under the same roof for those reasons as well. I also just found out that those rules also apply because some states have laws against it. Crazy stuff! Women need to chill and buy a dildo! :D

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

That brings us back to what my original question was.  What was the best way to get her the delivery, with the least amount of embarrassment to her.  As it was, although there were tons of folks around, I was able to make the delivery without hassle or anyone being noticed.  And the shop a block away is actually a nice place, where you have nice dresses in the front of the shop, lingerie in the middle area, and the toys towards the back.  The shop is woman owned and staffed, and it's right in the middle of the tourist section of town.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, Lucy Kitten said:

You have got to be kidding!  You buy vibrators "in bulk"?  Like, by the pallet?  Holy menolie, what do you do to the poor little things?  You do know that you can change the batteries, don't you?  ;)

On 3/19/2017 at 2:30 PM, FuriousWeasel said:

That brings us back to what my original question was.  What was the best way to get her the delivery, with the least amount of embarrassment to her.  As it was, although there were tons of folks around, I was able to make the delivery without hassle or anyone being noticed.  And the shop a block away is actually a nice place, where you have nice dresses in the front of the shop, lingerie in the middle area, and the toys towards the back.  The shop is woman owned and staffed, and it's right in the middle of the tourist section of town.

I wouldve asked the Mrs to take it over...just that, coming from a woman would be a lot less embarrassing all around.

21 hours ago, Badboy said:

You have got to be kidding!  You buy vibrators "in bulk"?  Like, by the pallet?  Holy menolie, what do you do to the poor little things?  You do know that you can change the batteries, don't you?  ;)

Up until recently, I had two drawers in my dresser of every sex toy I ever owned....even though some were broken or I just never would use them anymore...but I couldnt bear to part with them!!!  My ex would joke, if I dont throw them way and I become famous, if anyone finds them, the only thing I would be remembered for is my vibrator and dildo collection. Finally, when I did my last move, I put them all in a box and threw them away.   I was so sad ...heartbroken just thinking about it now lol *sigh*

27 minutes ago, NicoleSaunders said:

I wouldve asked the Mrs to take it over...just that, coming from a woman would be a lot less embarrassing all around.

Up until recently, I had two drawers in my dresser of every sex toy I ever owned....even though some were broken or I just never would use them anymore...but I couldnt bear to part with them!!!  My ex would joke, if I dont throw them way and I become famous, if anyone finds them,

the only thing I would be remembered for is my vibrator and dildo collection. Finally, when I did my last move, I put them all in a box and threw them away.   I was so sad ...heartbroken just thinking about it now lol *sigh*

Recycle-Your-Sex-Toys-e1310150334683.jpg

8 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

Recycle-Your-Sex-Toys-e1310150334683.jpg

My precious toys!!!!!  :wub:   How did you find them?!!