Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevik63

How long to wait/did I handle this wrong?

27 posts in this topic

Looking for some advice here. I made a date at 4:00PM, and I called from the prescribed location. She answered and said she was running 10 minutes late, was that OK? I said sure and found a parking spot and waited 10 minutes, and called back. She said it would be 2 more minutes, and said I should move my car to another location. Weird, but I did it.

It is now 4:21 and I get a call and she says she is almost ready - just two more minutes. I wait 7 more minutes because I'm running out of time and call and get voice mail. I leave a message apologizing that I have an appointment at 5:30 and that I'm going to have to cancel. I leave at 4:30 and get back on the interstate. I get a call at 4:33 saying it will be just 2 more minutes. I tell her I'm on the road and I'm sorry, but I couldn't wait any longer. I get reprimanded and hung up on.

Was I in the wrong here? How should I handle this in the future? I'm thinking on the 2nd call I should have said I can't wait much longer...

Lady I saw today, at least texted me she needed an extra half hour to get ready. I said no prob. Then when she saw me she said shit she scheduled another one half hour after me. We always stay over and talk. I up and booked when the hour was up. The point being the integrity of the provider, if it's not a seasoned Lady, as soon as she said change locations, like the Ladies, I say warning bell. If it was a hotel, I would have politely bowed out then. Then again I never do hotels anymore. You had an appointment, that takes priority. My $.02.

Edited by fishndude57
hotels

26 minutes ago, nevik63 said:

Looking for some advice here. I made a date at 4:00PM, and I called from the prescribed location. She answered and said she was running 10 minutes late, was that OK? I said sure and found a parking spot and waited 10 minutes, and called back. She said it would be 2 more minutes, and said I should move my car to another location. Weird, but I did it.

It is now 4:20 and I get a call and she says she is almost ready - just two more minutes. I wait 7 more minutes because I'm running out of time and call and get voice mail. I leave a message apologizing that I have an appointment at 5:30 and that I'm going to have to cancel. I leave at 4:30 and get back on the interstate. I get a call at 4:33 saying it will be just 2 more minutes. I tell her I'm on the road and I'm sorry, but I couldn't wait any longer. I get reprimanded and hung up on.

Was I in the wrong here? How should I handle this in the future? I'm thinking on the 2nd call I should have said I can't wait much longer...

Assuming you were booking a 1hr session, hell no you were not in the wrong to leave.  And you have every right to leave a No-Show review as well.

IMO totally valid to leave, but personally I find scheduling when I can have a big buffer of time on the end of the appt leaves less unhappy endings.  Nothing like stressing out about stress relief activities...

Edited by Unclehazard91

I leave after 15 minutes. You were on time. She was not. 

Dont think twice about this. It is just a matter of time before this situation repeats itself.

Thanks guys - this makes me feel better. I'll stop sweating it :)

1 hour ago, Unclehazard91 said:

IMO totally valid to leave, but personally I find scheduling when I can have a big buffer of time on the end of the appt leaves less unhappy endings.  Nothing like stressing out about stress relief activities...

A 1/2hr slack time may seem short, but assuming say a 15min drive it should be sufficient slack time. Had the ASP been timely things would be golden. You don't plan on staying overtime, do you?  Perhaps that's why she was running late? (IDK!)

You could have considered it a QV session, paid accordingly, and left at your planned 5pm. But she would probably be just as upset. Besides, if you wanted a QV session that's what you would have booked. 

IMHO waiting 1/2hr was more than considerate.

1 hour ago, cuddlybear99 said:

Assuming you were booking a 1hr session, hell no you were not in the wrong to leave.  And you have every right to leave a No-Show review as well.

I disagree with the NS review, I don't care if she's got black teeth, lies about her age and poor eyesight. Still not a reason for a bad review. OP did the right thing. 

5 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

I don't care if she's got black teeth, lies about her age and poor eyesight.

That sounds hot. Especially the poor eyesight.  Then I can lie about my age and teeth too...

2 minutes ago, Unclehazard91 said:

That sounds hot. Especially the poor eyesight.  Then I can lie about my age and teeth too...

Oh she's on here lol. 

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

I disagree with the NS review, I don't care if she's got black teeth, lies about her age and poor eyesight. Still not a reason for a bad review. OP did the right thing. 

Maybe not a NS,  but an honest review of what happened.  

3 hours ago, nevik63 said:

It is now 4:20 and I get a call and she says she is almost ready - just two more minutes. I wait 7 more minutes because I'm running out of time and call and get voice mail. I leave a message apologizing that I have an appointment at 5:30 and that I'm going to have to cancel. I leave at 4:30 and get back on the interstate. I get a call at 4:33 saying it will be just 2 more minutes. I tell her I'm on the road and I'm sorry, but I couldn't wait any longer. I get reprimanded and hung up on.

No, you are not in the wrong! You don't tell someone, "Just 2 more minutes!" 50 times. Oy vey!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Sorry you had that experience.  As Maya Angelou  said " People may forget what you said, people may forget what you did but people will not forget how you made them feel" ;-)

"Looking for some advice here. I made a date at 4:00PM, and I called from the prescribed location. She answered and said she was running 10 minutes late, was that OK? I said sure and found a parking spot and waited 10 minutes, and called back. She said it would be 2 more minutes, and said I should move my car to another location. Weird, but I did it.

Was I in the wrong here? How should I handle this in the future? I'm thinking on the 2nd call I should have said I can't wait much longer..."

It seems to happen to me a lot lately. Schedule for 0:00. Get there early usually. Announce I am here. Get the "give me a few minutes" text. So I wait patiently and text again, " are we still on?" I wait up to half an hour if she is communicating. If not, 15 minutes to half an hour and I am gone. It is annoying. Last weekend had a 1:00 apt. Lady said she would be 10 minutes late. I was fine. Apparently there was a long line to re-register rooms at 1:00..lol, Anyway, she was ready about 1:15. No biggy. But sometimes I am on a short schedule, and can't wait too long. I get the feeling some of the "late comers" book you knowing they are not going to make said time and keep you waiting while they get ready. I am USUALLY very punctual. I know her time is valuable as is mine. Sometimes traffic is worse than anticipated. Sometimes there is a wreck and the whole damn road is closed.:angry:. I think 15 to 30 minutes is plenty. Especially if you have things to do!

This is my philosophy, not a criticism of either the OP, or the lady in question. 

If I can't set aside 3 hours for travel time, and the appointment, I don't even start the process. I HATE feeling pressured on time.

However, I've found a lot of people in this business, and every other business, simply cannot stick to a schedule. Lateness is common everywhere. I think people try to accomplish too much in one day. :)

I'm with others: write a review. Even the best providers NC/NS, and if others also write reviews, at least that gives the guys out there that yes, she may be great, but might also be a flake and want to add that into the equation, when slotting 3-5hrs of one's time (drive + fun). I've had it happen to me with a well reviewed provider (she called to let me know we were on before I left the house, hour later, radio silence), and had no qualms putting the review out there.

As for what you did, nothing wrong. Hell, had more patience than I would have had: 15-20min tops for me.

You might consider yourself lucky, in that you might have dodged a poor session. ASP might have been double booking and 3G-ing everyone? Too tight a window between appointments, so, rushing you out before the next guy? Guy before you is a regular and she's allowing him some extra time, eating into your time ("sorry hun running a little late today, we'll have to cut your appointment a little short")? Or, to be fair, maybe the other guy was running late, but even in the last two events, I've had the ASP let me know what was going on, and I've chosen to bail and see if I can get an appointment with someone else on short notice.

You did everything right.  You were ontime and polite with the lady.  Her attitude indicates a lack of organization in her life.  You probably saved yourself from something to regret and forget.  Keep looking, not all women are alike.  Viva la difference.

i agree the OP handled the situation well. As for the responses in this thread, damn, some folks let their imaginations run wild with assumptions. I've said it before, if it's a provider I'm truly interested in seeing I wouldn't write a review or start a thread about it.

On 3/17/2017 at 7:58 PM, fishndude57 said:

And that's certainly your call to make.  I've had this happen and decided not to leave a NS review as well...  I was just pointing out that he has every right to write up a NS, but of course I didn't mean he has to or even should.  There's always extenuating circumstances when it happens.

23 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

she may be great, but might also be a flake and want to add that into the equation, when slotting 3-5hrs of one's time (drive + fun). I've had it happen to me with a well reviewed provider (she called to let me know we were on before I left the house, hour later, radio silence), and had no qualms putting the review out there.

I'm an hour driver from Denver, so I think that's what upsets me the most. Getting ready, driving there and waiting. Three hours wasted :(

There are ladies who want to charge their standard session fee when we NoShow. I'm not saying that's wrong; I get a similar charge if I miss a Dr appointment. But I wonder what they'd say if we charged them our standard professional fee for drive time when they NoShow?

I feel you handled this situation fairly. I do however agree with posting a review to let others know about her. I have read many times on this forum from providers who mention that they have lives outside of this hobby therefore there time is valuable. Well guess what, we also have lives and I feel it is totally disrespectful the way this particular provider treated you. There are way too many wonderful ladies who we could choose to spend our time with, so I don't see a problem with posting a review on the ones who choose to waiste our time. I'm don't doubt that this lady has done this to others before and will probably do it again to someone else so it would be nice to be able to see a review on her and then we can make our own decision whether to take a chance or not.

12 minutes ago, H2Opieluver said:

I'm don't doubt that this lady has done this to others before and will probably do it again to someone else so it would be nice to be able to see a review on her and then we can make our own decision whether to take a chance or not.

Of course she will. If there are no consequences for NoShows or being exceedingly tardy, why should she change her behavior?

That's why I get so perturbed with clients who refuse to write negative reviews. They just leave these chuck holes for the rest of us to step in and waste our time. 

You sound like you handled it just fine to me, I've experienced this also.  You showed up on time and you were receptive when she asked for a few more minutes.  You can't be expected to sit around for too long though, the provider and the client should have enough respect for one anothers time to be on time and to be ready at the agreed upon time.

You waited far longer than I would have.  I agree with S3 with how many more times was she going to delay you?  Respectful of time lies within both parties and since she did not respect your time, you chose wisely.

Personally, I would write the review since you pretty much laid out everything in this thread.  The review is NOT to penalize the lady, it's to see if others have had similar experiences and previous gents chose not to review her.  Ask yourself, if this is a repeated pattern with the YL with regards to her being reviewed, would you have made the appointment to see her?

On 3/17/2017 at 5:56 PM, nevik63 said:

It is now 4:21 and I get a call and she says she is almost ready - just two more minutes. I wait 7 more minutes because I'm running out of time and call and get voice mail. I leave a message apologizing that I have an appointment at 5:30 and that I'm going to have to cancel. I leave at 4:30 and get back on the interstate. I get a call at 4:33 saying it will be just 2 more minutes. I tell her I'm on the road and I'm sorry, but I couldn't wait any longer. I get reprimanded and hung up on.

Nope.